DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

Global Force sounds like a team Chuck Norris leads as they sneak into the jungle to save American hostages from evil Colombian drug lords.  

What does the rest of the team do while Chuck saves the hostages and beats up drug lords?  Knit?  Come up with snazzy names for the team?  Drink beer and watch the rotors on their seaplane turn?

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were implying Chuck Norris needed a team to take on Colombian drug lords.  That's just crazy talk.

North America NEEDS The Bollywood Boys!

North America already has them.  They're from Canada.

Hell, Jeff should just mend fences with his old man and let him do it.

Yeah, cause Jerry Jarrett was really on top of his game when TNA first opened.  Surely, he'll be even better now after not paying any attention to the business over a decade later.

Get Bill Dundee in to book, or Cornette if possible.

Dundee's like 70 and way out of the loop and Cornette's run in ROH showed that he doesn't have it anymore either.  Use them as consultants but as bookers in 2014, they're just so far out of touch.  Granted, last I heard, Cornette was already going to be a part of it and the idea of him taking Toby Keith's money highly amuses me.

It is scary how I can only really think of one, maybe two people that would probably make a good booker for a major company today and they still have gaps in their game.

I was just skimming the recent posts, and thought someone suggested getting Scott Keith to book...

Anyway, is it just me, or is it shady of them to announce "We have a great new wrestling promotion! We'll sign some wrestlers soon!" Shouldn't they have at least a couple of names under contract to announce at the same time? So far, it's a company that consists of a website that sells merch promoting itself... and that's it.

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but per Jarrett's exit deal with TNA, he can't attempt to get on Spike.

There was something from one of the news sites that this new fed would be debuting on CMT in January 2015.

The name is a bit hokey, but I'll give it a shot if it ever makes it to tv. We need 1980's Memphis wrestling more than ever on television. I want to see piledrivers on studio floors and Tommy Rich being beaten up in front of his mother.

They need to go back to basics, Memphis style wrestling in 2014 is a winning formula. Fans are sick of bland wrestlers doing movez. We want to see characters settling personal conflicts by brawling. Get Bill Dundee in to book, or Cornette if possible.

Fucking love you, Happ

So, besides the obvious names (Steiner, Masters, Morrison) who would y'all sign?

Tracy Smothers

Jamie Dundee

Bunkhouse Buck

Cody Deaner

Zandig

Michael Elgin

New Jack

Shark Boy

Buff Bagwell

Trevor Murdoch

and AJ Styles as the young up and comer.

• Like 2

Ok guest booker me. My ideal 1st show.

Wed 9-3-14 from Memphis TN

1. Ricochet & AR Fox over Matt Hardy & Scorpio when Scorpio turns on Hardy and joins the young guys.

2. Michael Elgin over Scott Steiner

3. Chris Hero over Shelton Benjamin

4. Jeff Jarrett over Chris Masters due to some outside interference.

5. Jay & Mark Briscoe over Paul London & Brian Kendrick. This is on CMT right? I'm pushing the Briscoes hard.

6. AJ Styles vs Low-Ki ends in a 15 minute draw.

7. John Morrison over Kurt Angle

Yeah work is real slow today.