DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

Jeff has been playing Total Extreme Warfare hasn't he? The name sounds like something straight out of the Cornell-verse and he is yabbering about databases.

Chris Masters vs.Mumbai Cats lifted the crowd.

Low Ki and Romeo Rapta have excellent chemistry.

• Like 4

Is Jarrett still involved with the AAA US deal?

He's still involved in AAA Mexico - Jeff and Mesias spontaneously decided they needed to face each other in a hair match for no particular reason, so that may be happening at TripleMania (2015) - and there's been some talk about talent sharing between their respective US promotions if/when they ever get off the ground. No one's explained why they would actually want to do that or how it'd work, so don't think it as anything more than AAA names being in the super database.

Terrible name. I looked at the logo and am reminded of Captain Planet and The Power Rangers. I also feel this promotion has an eco-liberal vibe based off the logo. Just terrible. It's not the 70's. I also love that one the offical press release they company decides to put on their website for people all around the world to view...still has the spelling checks from Microsoft Word. A name that is not 21st century, a press with red squiggles, and a poorly designed website. Yep. TNA 2.0 here-we-come!

If JJ turns this into a Chikara-like show aimed at kids, then the logo and name are fine. If this is a serious product aimed at adults...yeah...I've already lost all enthusiasm. The logo, name and website all scream of bush league.

• Like 1

Terrible name. I looked at the logo and am reminded of Captain Planet and The Power Rangers. I also feel this promotion has an eco-liberal vibe based off the logo.

a Captain Planet themed wrestling fed wouldn't be horrible. Granted, it'd need Daniel Bryan as Captain Planet, fighting the forces of pollution

Terrible name. I looked at the logo and am reminded of Captain Planet and The Power Rangers. I also feel this promotion has an eco-liberal vibe based off the logo.

a Captain Planet themed wrestling fed wouldn't be horrible. Granted, it'd need Daniel Bryan as Captain Planet, fighting the forces of pollution

Captain Jarrett, He's a Hero, gonna take pollution down to zero.

• Like 3

Captain Jarrett, He's a Hero, gonna take pollution down to zero.

coincidentally, every eco-villain has the weakness of being hit in the head by a guitar

• Like 7

Time to move it out of the TNA folder

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

Four months of planning? They must really be serious about it.

I was just going to say the same thing "I've been thinking about this all morning and it's time to make an announcement!"

Also, site is back up, the store features Global Force wrestling tees for $20-25, autographed 8x10s of Jeff Jarrett or Karen Angle for $5.00 or the whole set for $20...or $40 (If you click on it, it says $20 so it makes the $40 more baffling, seeing as there are 5 photos).  

Also, the main page features ads for discounted knives and idateasians.com

Checked the site - apparently the $20 extra is if you want the pictures personalized to you.

And I feel like I've wasted part of my life by paying that much attention to their store.

Anyone excited about this has forgotten how utterly inept Jarrett is as a promoter.

Jarrett's ineptitude is of far less concern to me than his robber baron-esque treatment of the wrestlers who work for him, especially minority wrestlers. He's not some harmless eccentric with an outsized ego. He's a blight on wrestling and should be regarded with scorn, not ridicule.

• Like 1

Anyone excited about this has forgotten how utterly inept Jarrett is as a promoter.

Jarrett's ineptitude is of far less concern to me than his robber baron-esque treatment of the wrestlers who work for him, especially minority wrestlers. He's not some harmless eccentric with an outsized ego. He's a blight on wrestling and should be regarded with scorn, not ridicule.

Just doing it how it was taught to him.

I mean, we know who built jerry's mansion in Hendereonville.

Carlito would be a good signing. Cliff Compton but only if you put him the ring with Steiner both with live mics every week so that the viewers at home can have a drinking game where they take a shot every time a f-bomb gets through.

They need to go back to basics, Memphis style wrestling in 2014 is a winning formula. Fans are sick of bland wrestlers doing movez. We want to see characters settling personal conflicts by brawling. Get Bill Dundee in to book, or Cornette if possible.