DVDVR Message Board

Post WrestleMania XXX RAW.

The Natural

What I love about Cesaro jumping is that it makes sense, and presents that business side of wrestling that I was harping about a few months ago.

Zeb got Cesaro some opportunity, but there were clearly conflicts of interests, with Zeb wanting to keep Cesaro with Swagger as a tag team - a tag team that only got a dark match at Mania. But Cesaro solo gets a shot in the Andre Battle Royal. Heyman has the Longest Reigning WWE champion and the Streak Breaker under his belt. It just makes sense to jump ship. Shawn Merriman and Booker T were discussing it, with Merriman relating it to the NFL and Booker chimed in something like "It's going from Wade Phillips to Bill Belichick."

Agree, i also like that he didn't do the classic beat down to turn on Zeb or anything similar, simply told him he was jumping ship, sorry about that.

And for the love of god i hope we get some more segments with Heyman and Zeb on the mic, last night short tease reminded me of why i miss great managers so much.

I know Waiter is just keeping kayfabe at this point, but I thought this was the best I've seen Rusev look. He actually looked quick and athletic and had some unique mannerisms that I thought made him stand out. Before this, he just came across like an emotionless hoss who would be gone as soon as he had a match that didn't play to his strengths. I thought it was a nice touch that the few times we saw a close up of his face, it seemed as though he was trying to think things through, as if he knew he had the upper hand, but he was still figuring out exactly how best to proceed. I'd much prefer that to Koslov 2.0.

There's this funny thought I had, that all the Big Swings that Cesaro has pulled off in the past, if there ever came a time that he tried one and couldn't get it going (say, Brodus' big fat ass), the crowd would give him an E for effort anyway instead of shitting on him. That's how much the crowd is into him. Into everything lately, it seems.

This feels truly like a renaissance for our beloved sport, y'all. Unfortunately for TNA (but hopefully not the indy scene as a whole, which usually benefits when business is up), it shines a harsh light on their particular shuck-n-jive. This could be the end times - finally! - for Tits-N-Ass Wrestling.

I hope the momentum continues.

Wait, are people really getting into the idea that there are no such things as faces and heels anymore? That's just the lamest excuse for wrestlers who don't know how to work a character and/or a sign that some members of the crowds need to find another way to waste a Monday night.

The problem started in the tag division where all of the cool tag teams were heels. People love the SHIELD and Wyatt gimmicks. It is more a testament to the wrestlers doing their gimmicks so well that you want to cheer for them.

Rusev seems pretty ace. Otherwise this was a bit take it or leave it.

At this point, you're a B+ troll at best.

I guess maybe I'm less enthused with Cesaro turning heel on a heel to become a heel. And The Shield remaining faces as a big dramatic moment. It all just feels so half assed. It's like they gave up. I like the main Bryan stuff but everything else is vanilla.

No, it's fine. It's a good little spot for you.

• Like 3

I guess maybe I'm less enthused with Cesaro turning heel on a heel to become a heel. 

Same. I thought it was odd.

I think it says a lot about the booking that they knew that Cesaro would be so loved that they'd still root for him even aligned with Heyman.  Hopefully he stays pseudo heel and this can either lead to a battle of Heyman guys when Brock comes back or a battle of the IWC fans when Bryan faces Cesaro.

This feels like the freshest potential group of World title contenders in ages (Batista, Cesaro, Wyatt, Lesnar, even Orton can play his "you never actually pinned me" card and get more mileage.)

Wrestlemania and this Raw made me think that they really need to steal Chikara's King of Trios and have a six-man tourney:

-The Shield

-Evolution, Part Deux

-Cena/Bryan/somebody...how about Big E

-The Wyatt Family

-The Usos/Rikishi

-Los Matadores/El Torito

-3MB

-Team NXT babyfaces

-Team NXT heels

-Team Legends

-Team Black Dudes...Mark Henry/Kofi Kingston/Darren Young

-Jack Swagger/Rybaxel

-Big Show/Cody/Goldust aka Tons and Rhodes

-Team RVD - Rob Van Dam and two non-crippled ECW guys

-Mysterio/Sin Cara/El Local

That's 15 teams....someone else come up with #16.

The Submission Squad!

Yeah, but they'll never actually make it to the show.

Does anyone know what fans were singing in Barrett vs. Mysterio?

''We love you Barrett, we do, oh Barrett we love you''

''PNE'' (Preston North End chant, Barrett's favorite football team)

something else. The British influence was in full effect tonight, that's why the post-mania Raw's are so awesome. Americans suck

Yeah, we need more crowds that'll give a racist and homophobe like Warrior a hero's welcome while booing uppity minorities like Big E and Rey out of the building.

Wrestlemania and this Raw made me think that they really need to steal Chikara's King of Trios and have a six-man tourney:

-The Shield

-Evolution, Part Deux

-Cena/Bryan/somebody...how about Big E

-The Wyatt Family

-The Usos/Rikishi

-Los Matadores/El Torito

-3MB

-Team NXT babyfaces

-Team NXT heels

-Team Legends

-Team Black Dudes...Mark Henry/Kofi Kingston/Darren Young

-Jack Swagger/Rybaxel

-Big Show/Cody/Goldust aka Tons and Rhodes

-Team RVD - Rob Van Dam and two non-crippled ECW guys

-Mysterio/Sin Cara/El Local

That's 15 teams....someone else come up with #16.

The Submission Squad!

Yeah, but they'll never actually make it to the show.

Point taken.  Darn those automobile issues.

They'd be replaced by The Brooklyn Brawler, Barry Horowitz, and Gillberg.

something else. The British influence was in full effect tonight, that's why the post-mania Raw's are so awesome. Americans suck

Yeah, we need more crowds that'll give a racist and homophobe like Warrior a hero's welcome while booing uppity minorities like Big E and Rey out of the building.

Pretty sure they were cheering Ultimate Warrior and booing Rey Mysterio. Not cheering Jim Warrior and booing Oscar Gutierrez

• Like 1

I had great hopes for The Ultimate Warrior last night. I mean, he came out wearing that coat over an already ridiculous suit. And then he took out that mask... but he left me disappointed.

I really want an art critic to compare his work against that of George W. Bush.

Yes because Warrior is a legend and Big E and Rey suck ass.

Does Warrior have bad knees? Watching him walk to the ring for his interview, looked like he has having some trouble. I don't remember hearing anything about bad knees or knee surgery over the years.

Going back to the WWE 2K14, he's had quite the pronounced limp that they tried their damnedest to hide:

Does Warrior have bad knees? Watching him walk to the ring for his interview, looked like he has having some trouble. I don't remember hearing anything about bad knees or knee surgery over the years.

Going back to the WWE 2K14, he's had quite the pronounced limp that they tried their damnedest to hide:

God I hate that I watch the whole thing anytime someone links it. His 'pay attention' when he comes around the corner kills me.

Every time Jerry Lawler stutters, I'm like IT'S HAPPENING! REGAL AT THE TABLE NEXT WEEK and then he finishes his dumb sentence and I sigh a thousand sighs to fill the silence left from JBL and Cole no selling his shitty jokes.

Not digging this Adam Rose dude. I get a rapey vibe from him. Like he's ready to sneak some liquid G in your drink if you get on that bus. That is not going to get over.

The Adam Rose party bus gimmick is one where if Jeff Hardy made a cameo on the bus in full glow in the dark paint, it wouldn't be unusual at all.

Weirder stuff has gotten over as a face than Adam Roses party bus. Plus they can air footage from the bus like Adam Rose is constantly partying. Like the old Nitro party videos only with weirdos

But seriously, kids used to buy giant arm thingies because of Jeff Hardy. I could see the women who got into Jeff Hardy going hard for Adam Rose and all the kids wearing his glow in the dark party gear

And it would be fucking tremendous if they could get Katy Perry on the Adam Rose party bus one week. Since you know they're nearing a Cyndi Lauper/Mike Tyson moment with something somewhere