DVDVR Message Board

Post WrestleMania XXX RAW.

The Natural

I could be imagining this, but weren't there a bunch of rumors that Cesaro was going to be the new Heyman guy when they debuted Curtis Axel? If so, I think this is the writer equivalent of saying "Yeah....we fucked up." 

Also, as awesome as that segment was with Zeb and Heyman and Cesaro, watching it made me a little sad because the landscape would have been just so perfect for a debuting Larry Sweeney. He could have called Zeb a Ham and Egger and handed Swagger a business card on the way out. 

Lastly, can anyone think of some storyline reason that would result in a Miz handicap match against Lesnar/Cesaro? Sure, it might result in an on screen death, but until then it would be fantastic. 

• Like 1

However from a wrestling storyline perspective it's only problematic at first with Heyman being the slimiest shit bag in the company. Eventually Cesaro will giant swing his ass and it will be huge. And there's the possibility that we get Cesaro vs. Brock, which is straight up pantsless.

Agreed...this match up pretty much guarantees me viewing in a state known as "sans pantalones."

One must ask how long Brock is going to want to keep playing ball. He's got a sweet deal now obviously but, he's been known to change his mind. Personally, I'm hoping he stays for 1000 years. Sort of a full on ass-kicker version of Rene Goulet.

I'm in agreement with lots of what I've already seen here. Yes, this year the WWE managed to bring me back to the fold since leaving their product (minus a match here or there) 15 years ago. Something personally important happened for me as a fan tonight too. I was truly digging the entire show but, well, I'm 40. It's rare that I get excited/mark out/do-anything-more-than-smirk-knowingly at anything in a wrestling event/show, especially a WWE show. However, the moment Kane went for the choke slam on Reigns and Roman powered out, took a right and rebounded with the Superman punch, I slapped my knee and marked like that kid that saw Hawk stand up and no-sell after a piledriver for the first time.

Yes, wrestling is back and I'm so happy to be on that ride again.

Me, too, pretty much. I haven't really been into WWE since 2004 or so... but Mania and RAW have got me personally invested in it again. Bret as champ, Benoit as champ, and now Bryan as champ... I guess it all comes down to every time an undersized guy whose name begins with B rises to the top I get drawn back in again.

First climactic post WM show in a while.  Booking was so solid it was unbelievable.  I turned pernanently from the NCAA Championship to RAW with five minutes to go in the half.

Wait, are people really getting into the idea that there are no such things as faces and heels anymore? That's just the lamest excuse for wrestlers who don't know how to work a character and/or a sign that some members of the crowds need to find another way to waste a Monday night.

Wait, are people really getting into the idea that there are no such things as faces and heels anymore? That's just the lamest excuse for wrestlers who don't know how to work a character and/or a sign that some members of the crowds need to find another way to waste a Monday night.

Please tell me where in my post I said any thing remotely close to "there aren't faces or heels anymore"

As much as I loved the matches, my true mark-out moments were Rock/Austin/Hogan all doing their catchprases in succession, and the backstage skit with IRS, Duggan, Slaughter, Steamboat, Danny Davis(!) and DiBiase.  Just felt nostalgic watching the guys I loved as a kid looking old, which made me feel old. 

I love wargames matches but in this no blood era I'm not so sure it's the best idea. I will say there's is no chance we see the classic 2 ring set-up. If anything we get an 8 man hell in a cell.

Not digging this Adam Rose dude. I get a rapey vibe from him. Like he's ready to sneak some liquid G in your drink if you get on that bus. That is not going to get over.

Rusev looked like a monster, not sure where they go with him. He'll prob take the IC belt from Big E soon.

Is there any reason Barrett hasn't wrestled in ages? I know they have multiple Brits in NXT. Barrett desperately needs a tag partner. I think that's the best role for him.

From what Meltzer said, brock is not adverse to more dates. He just needs to be paid for them.

A cash influx from the network ans new tv deal could mean more dates.

If he only worked 6-8 dates a year, why put him in the title pictue. We dont need a champ with ron garvin gaps in between matches.

A think a mod should change Greggulator's handle to "I told you so" since he is too nice to do something like that himself. 

If I only had the power to gloat ala Heyman last night or Heenan after Flair won the Rumble.

In all honesty: I don't know if and when Bryan getting his moment last night was the backup plan. But none of us know. Anything that gets reported in wrestling newz~ -- even from Meltzer -- has to be taken with the biggest grain of salt.

But either way, Bryan winning at WrestleMania was so friggin' rewarding and awesome and epic. I'd rather have him win the way he did it at WM than if he won it months earlier like some people wanted. Look at what taking it slowly did for other people, too.

The Wyatts were the biggest beneficiaries. Those few months with The Wyatts put those guys right at the cusp of the main event, just waiting for the trigger to get pulled anytime they want. It got everyone in an uproar about Bryan being "buried" and he got even more over from it and gave those guys his rub, too.

• Like 1

Heyman wasn't gloating as much as he was angry that no one believed him for the past month. The fact that he's an admitted pathological liar makes it even better.

I didn't care for RVD/Sandow or Rusev's "debut", both fell pretty flat for me. I thought Rusev looked great in NXT and in the Rumble but his match last night was just kind of there. I hope he gets to shine more in the coming weeks. As for RVD haven't cared to watch him since the end of the ECW Originals/New Breed feud, so him coming back was no big deal hope he doesn't stick around too long again.

This was a great Raw. I know this because I didn't fast forward through anything except that bit about some fella called Drew Brees, I think he plays soccer or the Ice Hockey, and it was about his dreams that involve auctioning sick kids, or something like that. I think the idea is that you keep bidding on these kids and the one who raises the most money gets brogue kicked out of their misery. But as I said, I don't know, I fast forwarded that bit.

My Review.

I liked the show for the most part, save RVD being back for no reason and The Usos being the sacrificial lambs for Batista/Orton.

NXT is looking pretty screwed with almost the whole top of their roster being called up. I'm curious how the Adam Rose gimmick will translate, but I suspect he's going to get every chance to succeed because he almost has to be someone up high's pet project, finally getting called up with this gimmick after languishing in developmental for years.

Is there any reason Barrett hasn't wrestled in ages? I know they have multiple Brits in NXT. Barrett desperately needs a tag partner. I think that's the best role for him.

He's been having visa issues over the past year that limit what he can/can't do on TV.