DVDVR Message Board

Post WrestleMania XXX RAW.

The Natural

Since 2012, the post WrestleMania RAW is one of the wrestling events I most look forward to every year. 

The 2012 post WrestleMania XXVIII RAW featured constant "Yes!" chants after Daniel Bryan lost his World Heavyweight Championship to Sheamus in 18 seconds at WrestleMania XXVIII. Brock Lesnar made his WWE return on RAW getting a "Holy shit" chant followed by an F5 on John Cena. This was Brock Lesnar's first WWE appearance since leaving at WrestleMania XX in 2004.

The 2013 post WrestleMania XXIX RAW had fans singing and dancing to Fandango's music, that's where it all started. The highlight of the night was the loud reaction to Dolph Ziggler sucessfully cashing in his Money in the Bank contract for the World Heavyweight Championship on Alberto Del Rio.

With significant events on these shows and the fallout from what happened at WrestleMania XXX, I'm hoping its another memorable post WrestleMania RAW.

Thoughts/expectations?

• Like 1

Lesnar is apparently expected to work Extreme Rules, but even if Taker wrestles 1 or 2 more matches it surely wouldn't be that soon (Personally I think the only thing he should maybe do is an elimination tag at Survivor Series, so he can go out like he came in).

So do they go straight for Bryan/Lesnar? Hard to imagine, if only because it leaves Orton and Batista in limbo. But anyone else is a roadkill surely? RVD was a tricky early opponent for Brock Lesnar (He needed Heyman to run interference at KOTR and Brock also took a DQ loss) and he is supposed to be returning, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what we see.

I expect:

-Randy Orton to complain that he lost the title without being pinned, to set up a singles match

-Kane turning on the New Age Outlaws, possibly by bringing in the Ascension (who were rumored to be possible partners for Wrestlemania) to help him punish them for making him lose at Wrestlemania

-a memorable Cesaro moment that involves the Andre trophy being used as a weapon

-Paul Heyman to cut a glorious gloating promo

-at least one match stemming from a battle royal elimination such as Sheamus vs Fandango or Miz vs Santino

I was thinking more Fandango gets an IC title shot since he eliminated Big E (at least I think he did - trying to sift through results is a chore)

Heyman will come out and kill it in a promo. 

Bryan will be bryan, setting up a cage match with orton for E.R.

Who do you think (if anyone) will come up from NXT tonight? Paige following a promo from AJ saying she has beaten everyone? Sami Zayn maybe?

Is the show in New Orleans? If so, an entire arena singing The Whole World In His Hands for The Wyatts. I see that becoming the next big crowd thing.

I love the post-WM Raw so much. The best part about wrestling is that it's the only form of theatrical performance where the crowd is a character, too. The post-WM shows are usually the most active crowds. It's a blast watching it unfold.

If you asked me before last night I would've said I would love a Punk return and a Sting segment/announcement but with the way last night went down all I want is a Bryan celebration and a Taker respect segment anything other than that would take the shine off of last night IMO.

Edit;and some crowd shenanigans of course.

I have hated most of the Go Home RAW's after a Wrestlemania.  I am glad the NCAA Championship game is on tonight.

The NCAA Championship is always on during the post-WM RAW, so you should never have to watch one again.

I think we're reaching the point where we're expecting too much out of the post-WM RAWs.  It was more fun when we'd be surprised by a return or by the crowd reactions.  Now we're counting on it, which just means eventually we'll be disappointed by them.

The Heyman promo should be glorious.

Sting gets inducted into the HoF?  The draw of a Sting/Taker match would've been about the Streak.  No Streak, Taker's pretty much a novelty act, especially with the "old, broken down guy" that his performance and the video packages seemed to indicate.  I mean, I want to see Sting work a Mania, and if there's anyone left from the "Old Guard" that never got his Mania moment that deserves it, its him, but who active do you stick him with that would get todays crowd going?  

It is.

Anyway I think Heymans promo is the opposite of gloating. I think he plays it up as more of a eulogy.

Yeah, if I stand accused of being a tard who hadn't had coffee yet; guilty as charged.   I hate all Post-WM RAWs as well as the Go Home eps. 

It is.

Anyway I think Heymans promo is the opposite of gloating. I think he plays it up as more of a eulogy.

Just lost it picturing Heyman in a toga. "I come not to bury Taker, but to praise him..."

• Like 1