DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

Was talking to a buddy of mine at work today and he reckons that the ending of the streak could be the ending of him watching wrestling. Not that he was disappointed in how it ended but he said that The undertaker and the streak were the last piece of the era we grew up with (Montreal, Austin, Attitude era etc) and that now that thats gone it could signal the end of a few of the older fans walking around away from watching it on a part time basis. Anyone agree?

As much as I love The Shield, Brock, Bryan and Cesaro I can see my interest in it dwindling over the coming months, ill probably see whats going on here and there but the end of the streak and seeing Daniel Bryan, who ive followed from ROH til now, getting to have his big moment is probably the peak for me.

Strange question-Was the old woman seated in the front row (on the hard camera side) a relation of Takers? It looked like Michelle McCool she was seated next to/near.

It was most likely Betty Skaaland you saw.

• Like 1

It could be. In real life, taker is approaching 50 and beat up. He has gone above and beyond in sacrificing himself to line shareholders pockets and make the fans happy.

However, for storyline purposes, a Taker v. Lesnar rematch at Summerslam would make a lot of sense. I wonder if the reports of taker rushing to the hospital post-match and Vince leaving Mania to be by his side are true or if they're a work.  If they're a work you could already see the build starting for the rematch. Taker almost died the first time, but will not let that loss be his legacy..etc.. It writes itself.

Was talking to a buddy of mine at work today and he reckons that the ending of the streak could be the ending of him watching wrestling. Not that he was disappointed in how it ended but he said that The undertaker and the streak were the last piece of the era we grew up with (Montreal, Austin, Attitude era etc) and that now that thats gone it could signal the end of a few of the older fans walking around away from watching it on a part time basis. Anyone agree?

As much as I love The Shield, Brock, Bryan and Cesaro I can see my interest in it dwindling over the coming months, ill probably see whats going on here and there but the end of the streak and seeing Daniel Bryan, who ive followed from ROH til now, getting to have his big moment is probably the peak for me.

Disagree wholeheartedly. There have been times in the past couple of years where my enthusiasm seriously waned, but this looks a future boon period and the talent level and booking all look to be going together very well. This right now feels like all the best parts of WWE and WCW coming together.

Rewatching Bray/Cena. Why was Cena hesitating to go "dark" in the match like he'd never used the steps or a chair before? Hell, he used the broken ring ropes to literally choke out Umaga. He used a chain to punch Brock Lesnar in the face. He's done far worse things to many others. Why was it a big deal for him to do the same to Bray Wyatt? I understand the story they're trying to tell, but it's not like Cena has been a completely clean fighter in the past.

Rewatching Bray/Cena. Why was Cena hesitating to go "dark" in the match like he'd never used the steps or a chair before? Hell, he used the broken ring ropes to literally choke out Umaga. He used a chain to punch Brock Lesnar in the face. He's done far worse things to many others. Why was it a big deal for him to do the same to Bray Wyatt? I understand the story they're trying to tell, but it's not like Cena has been a completely clean fighter in the past.

It's not about what he does, but why he does it. What you're saying is the equivalent of asking what's the big deal about Luke Skywalker striking down Darth Vader like the Emperor wanted to do, since he has used a light saber to kill others before.

Did anyone else hear Brock ask Taker "You sure?" before the last F-5?

It happened right after a man in the audience opened and closed his umbrella. 

there was a mothman sighting right before the winning pin

• Like 1

Cena is clearly a believer in virtue ethics, believing that eudaimonia will naturally stem from developing virtues such as hustle, loyalty, and respect. This would differ from a deontologist who might believe in a Kantian categorical imperative that rule-breaking is always wrong or from a consequentialist who might use utilitarian calculus to determine that Bray Wyatt is such a bad man that it justifiable to take him out with a chair.

• Like 8

Rewatching Brock/Taker, and Taker looked fine until he got dropped on his head. Moving just as well as the last few years. After that, it went downhill fast.

So maybe he is physically capable of going out there a few more times, but I'm fine with that being the end.

Rewatching Brock/Taker, and Taker looked fine until he got dropped on his head. Moving just as well as the last few years. After that, it went downhill fast.

So maybe he is physically capable of going out there a few more times, but I'm fine with that being the end.

I'd rather the Undertaker's secret son Konnor appear from the depths of NXT for revenge. (I hate how sold I am on this idea)

Undertaker as the Master to Bray Wyatt's Sullivan in the Dungeon of Dread that eventually teams up with Evolution 2.0 to form the Alliance to End The Yes Movement. Paul London will play the role of ZGangsta.

I'm now losing my shit picturing Taker sitting in a throne yelling "WYATT MY SON!!!!"

But does that mean that Bryan and either a freshly face turned Cesaro or a returning Punk go over everyone in a 2 on 10 Tower of Doom match?

As promised, here are all of the Wrestling with Rosenbergs from the WrestleMania XXX season. All files have been taken from the YouTube page and converted into .MP3s. I used "Listen To Youtube" to convert these files. Enjoy.

Here are 3 links in case 1 of them dies.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4a5wz5

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tbr76l

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aek732

Undertaker as the Master to Bray Wyatt's Sullivan in the Dungeon of Dread that eventually teams up with Evolution 2.0 to form the Alliance to End The Yes Movement. Paul London will play the role of ZGangsta.

I'm now losing my shit picturing Taker sitting in a throne yelling "WYATT MY SON!!!!"

But does that mean that Bryan and either a freshly face turned Cesaro or a returning Punk go over everyone in a 2 on 10 Tower of Doom match?

Which will still end up somehow with Ric Flair being pinned.