DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

Sometimes I think a bunch of 12 year old kids own WWE stock. I wake up today and the stock has dropped 5 dollars? Damnit Lesnar! Taker/Lesnar ended the way it should have ended. I haven't heard an arena that quiet since an un-over Sheamus defeateed John Cena in a TLC match to win his first WWE title. People talk about their mania moments and this was definitely one. People may forget the Bryan angle 10  years from now, but WM 30 will always be remembered for when the streak ended. A very good show from top-to-bottom (minus the Divas match).

I'm not sure you understand how the stock market works. That stock went down because WWE Network subscription sales aren't quite what stockholders were expecting, and because the TV rights deal hasn't been done yet...

• Like 3

Sometimes I think a bunch of 12 year old kids own WWE stock. I wake up today and the stock has dropped 5 dollars? Damnit Lesnar! Taker/Lesnar ended the way it should have ended. I haven't heard an arena that quiet since an un-over Sheamus defeateed John Cena in a TLC match to win his first WWE title. People talk about their mania moments and this was definitely one. People may forget the Bryan angle 10 years from now, but WM 30 will always be remembered for when the streak ended. A very good show from top-to-bottom (minus the Divas match).

The stock dropped because of the Network numbers that were released (which were solid enough, but not close to what a lot of those not in the wrestling business were floating and pushing).

Edit: Or what was already said.

Did they even slightly acknowledge that AJ was moving that girl's hand for the tap out? I'm sorry I can't remember who that person was. I didn't know almost any of those divas.

Sometimes I think a bunch of 12 year old kids own WWE stock. I wake up today and the stock has dropped 5 dollars? Damnit Lesnar! Taker/Lesnar ended the way it should have ended. 

This might have something to do with the release of network numbers. 

My wife made a great observation about the Lesnar/Taker match:

"Undertaker is wrestling like an old man who just realized how much trouble he's in." I thought that was pretty accurate. He finally, broken-down and at 49, bit off more than he could chew, and after the mind games ended and the bell rang, he got chewed up by a guy who wasn't intimidated by the smoke and mirrors...

I also feel like the only way the opening match entrances could've been more hilariously incongruous is if Bryan had been just waiting in the ring while HHH did all his "grrrepicConan" nonsense a la Drago in Rocky IV. That was a really great nod to how seriously Authority HHH takes himself and his legacy...

If they hadn't already done it with #OccupyRAW, a crapload of Yes Movement fans lining the ramp and leading the chant would have made for a great entrance. I kind of liked the ridiculous disparity between the two, though.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd get a symphony orchestra to play "Ride of the Valkyries" while Bryan came to the ring. 

Even better would be if they got Europe to play "The Final Countdown."

I thought it was a very solid show, with a professional polished delivery that approached "slickness". They're getting good at these and if the WWE is not careful WrestleMania will fall into a formula production-wise.

I appreciated the almost total absence of non-rassling celebrity involvement.

The camerawork was shite. Excessive zooming and panning made me practically nauseous starting with the pre-show, and there were several finishes and spots that shown on the wrong camera, and often corrected on the PiP replay.

I was disappointed they didn't set up the ATGMBR better, explaining who the mystery entrants were. Why only 29? Where was RVD? Heck, I expected Duggan and his nylon gym shorts out there for a nostalgia/comedy spot. When it was announced, I liked how they had 30-second spots for many entrants putting over the ATGMBR so it did not seem like a mid-card dumping ground. ADR really shined with awesome kicks and great facials and Kofi was useful in this as well.

I really dug the long entrance way. It always makes an event seem more significant and big when the participants have to truck down that lengthy aisle. I was disappointed by Undertaker's entrance and much of that was the camerawork.

absolutely worth my $9.95,

RAF

BTW - is the camera work this shitty all night long.

I just got the Battle Royal and they have been TNAing the hell out of spots so far

They seemed to miss a few key things throughout the night.  At least they replayed them right away.

I did love the camera work in the main event, Bryan seemed to pop in out of nowhere many times, flying headbutt out of nowhere, flying knee out of nowhere, it was great.

Same with Bray's spider pose thing, the camera followed Cena JUST enough for Bray to strike the pose, it was perfect.

Event was a blast! It was total WTF when Taker lost. I can't wait to watch it on TV. I was confused as hell. The instant the pin happened, this "The Streak is Over!" graphic started flashing, so you knew that no shenanigans were going on. Just nuts.

Bryan was over huge, but Rocky still got the biggest pop. Don't think anyone knew he was there. Those three in the ring was surreal.

But yeah, felt like I was part of history with Taker and Bryan. It all felt so Important. Great, great time.

I also liked the camerawork at the end of Bryan/HHH, where the camera is centered on Bryan and Stephanie, but then HHH just flies in from nowhere to attack Bryan. 

Did they even slightly acknowledge that AJ was moving that girl's hand for the tap out? I'm sorry I can't remember who that person was. I didn't know almost any of those divas.

It was Naomi and she actually tapped out with her other hand.

Same with Bray's spider pose thing, the camera followed Cena JUST enough for Bray to strike the pose, it was perfect.

It isn't a spider pose.  It is actually something quite clever and far more sinister. 

He is mimicking the epileptic-esque body contortion symptoms witnessed in people who allegedly suffered from demonic possession.

the-last-exorcism-part-2-poster-404x600.

The first time I saw Bray do that in a match I was like, "Ohhhh, shit...."

• Like 1

Sometimes I think a bunch of 12 year old kids own WWE stock. I wake up today and the stock has dropped 5 dollars? Damnit Lesnar! Taker/Lesnar ended the way it should have ended. I haven't heard an arena that quiet since an un-over Sheamus defeateed John Cena in a TLC match to win his first WWE title. People talk about their mania moments and this was definitely one. People may forget the Bryan angle 10  years from now, but WM 30 will always be remembered for when the streak ended. A very good show from top-to-bottom (minus the Divas match).

I'm not sure you understand how the stock market works. That stock went down because WWE Network subscription sales aren't quite what stockholders were expecting, and because the TV rights deal hasn't been done yet...

The stock price was also incredibly overinflated.

Orndorff looking like Yosemite Sam surprised me more than any of the guys at the HOF induction.

I also loved Hogan still mispronounces his name - "Orndoff" - after all these years. That's why he turned on you twice, asshole!

Having slept on it, here are my favorite specific moments of the night:

- Hogan, Austin and Rock perfectly adlibbing jokes about Hogan's mistake. This is one of the few times in forever than Hogan has come off as genuinely and naturally likeable.

- TIGAH SUPLEX!

- HHH's chicken wing and back suplex on the apron. MOVEZ

- Bryan's crazy top rope senton to the outside.

- The Shield defeating his opponent on very easy setting. 

- Fandango being a cheeky bastard, he made me LMAO with his dance. That was my favorite part of the BR except for Cesaro.

- Cesaro's eliminating Show (loved the reaction for it and made me MARK OUT BRO)

- Cesaro being a bit surprised by the weight of the trophy and smirking because of it.

- Bray's entrance, just awesome.

- Cena's reaction to Bray's exorcist pose.

- The crowd waving and singing for Bray.

- Obviously, the collective gasp and shock right after Brock scored the pin. A reaction for the ages.

- Taker having to sit up twice before being able to stand up, really sold the entire moment. Might have been because of his injury but still, he looked done.

- The Diva's match not sucking. But man, that spinning clothesline by Nattie seems like its always done in slow motion, awful.

- The nearfall after the Batista Bomb on Bryan and after Batista speared Bryan and got RKOed. It felt like HHH was about to fuck us ONE MORE TIME. Perfect false finishes.

- Orton's face right before Bryan comes out of nowhere and hits him with the knee.

- Bryan kicking the EVIL ref, hitting HHH with the sledgehammer, diving on them all, etc. Payback for months and months of shit, beautiful.

- The ridiculous amounts of confetti during Bryan's celebration and his genuine face of happiness when he was on his kneed holding back his tears. The moments that make me still being a wrestling fan and make it all worth it.

• Like 1

For those wondering why they didn't take advantage of so many of the biggies in one place, we still don't know. They had plenty of time backstage at the HoF and Mania as well as in between to do something like this.

I'm glad they made Flair scarce for the rest of the weekend. I have very mixed feelings on all of his issues, and I think it's best that they keep him off-camera, probably for good aside from maybe a "Here's Ric Flair...wave" spot.

-J\/\/

I'm glad Brodus Clay made it into the battle royale. After his match was bumped last year, he announced on his Twitter that he was launching a 365-day campaign to make into the next WrestleMania. Good for him.

It isn't a spider pose. It is actually something quite clever and far more sinister.

He is mimicking the epileptic-esque body contortion symptoms witnessed in people who allegedly suffered from demonic possession.

the-last-exorcism-part-2-poster-404x600.

The first time I saw Bray do that in a match I was like, "Ohhhh, shit...."

Blame the write-ups for that scene in the Exorcist; I think that's always called "the spider walk scene." That's where I heard it anyway ...