DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

Good Wrestlemania. Shocking finish to the Taker match and the right guy came out with the title.

My brother hasn't watched wrestling in 10 years. He asked "who the fuck is Daniel Bryan?" After seeing Twitter. I gave him my Network login and his response was "Holy fuck, they love this guy. "

Awesome, awesome show. The first three matches felt like the most perfectly booked start to a Mania ever. Though the opener did feel like it had a few weird Benoit references in there. HHH using a cross face, the rolling Germans, a missed diving headbutt going straight into a cross face.They even pulled out the rolling "hold onto the crossface" bit from the end of WM20. I may be reading far too much into it, but that seemed odd.

The table spot in the main event was also a throwback to XX's main event.

Also Brock standing around doing nothing until Undertaker put the Hell's Gate on him was a callback to Lesnar vs. Mir I.

• Like 1

Amazing show. Answered a lot of questions tonight.

As someone else said, self-aware HHH is just too damn good. Stephanie's reaction after he hit the big clothesline in the first match was A++ too. 

Even Brock guy was shocked at 21-1.

Time for the entire announce team to go live on a farm though.

Bray: Finish me! Finish me! Finish me!

Cole: What does he mean???

• Like 1

I saw AMerican Dragon (best name ever) in person for the first time at a FIP show in bum fuck nowhere Florida. He was working Roderick Strong who had to leave early to make a TNA taping. So Ironic the MAIN EVENT went first because Strong (who is great, and a nice dude) had to leave for Orlando. He was in the ring with Daniel Bryan, who would main event and WIN the WWE title at Wrestlemania 30.

As a fan of this guy, I lost my mind tonight. I'm at an Army Professional development school and i watched this with a bunch of class mates who don't know shit about wrestling, and they even enjoyed the show.

So amazing.

ANd the undertaker lose was nuts.

• Like 1

Two minor things that I want to mention, because not much more can be said back and forth about the big moments......

1) It's awesome to see that Paul Orndorff grew up to be Sam Elliott.

2) As much criticism as Jerry Lawler gets, he had one of the best lines of the night for me.  Shortly after the commentary team had really sold the impact of the double team move on the table, Jerry casually said "That move had to be Batista's idea."

• Like 1

The group I was watching the show with sort of phased out during the match and stopped watching. It really wasn't building up to be a great match at all. People were joking and talking and checking Facebook and such. I was about the only one paying attention to the match. The third F-5 hit and I was thinking "Man, they're really going to have him kick out of three F-5s? Crazy". But then it ended. Everybody was in shock. We all looked like the shots they got of people in the crowd. What a great moment. This was definitely one of the best Manias in years, even before the shock of Taker's lost. Looking forward to re-watching the whole show again tomorrow in an empty house where I can pay more attention to it without a group of people around.

giphy.gif

Ugh, I HATE that crab walk. The more reason you kick him in his fucking face because he's defenseless.

Or JYD to headbutt him from that spot.

Somebody will some day. It's still a new spot. They can milk the "WTF???" for a bit until someone gets hip to the move.

• Like 1

Sheamus and Cesaro clubbering each other in the battle royal was loadsa fun too, give me a straight series of those guys beating the heck out of each other for the next 6 ppvs and I'm a happy chappy.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people will say the same but getting to see Bryan Danielson, the guy who I bought countless amounts of ROH dvds for just to see him on them, close out Wrestlemania 30 is fucking incredible.

From probably the greatest triple threat of all times to triple threat at wrestlemania...Daniel Bryan has come full circle

• Like 1

Sad to see Taker go. Wish it was a good match.

I think it's hard to judge it as a match because most everyone went into it thinking that Brock wasn't going to win, this not really giving it a chance.  That's the problem with the Streak, it's been built up so much that you really couldn't believe he was going to lose, thus making the result of the match a forgone conclusion.

Sad to see Taker go. Wish it was a good match.

I think it's hard to judge it as a match because most everyone went into it thinking that Brock wasn't going to win, this not really giving it a chance.  That's the problem with the Streak, it's been built up so much that you really couldn't believe he was going to lose, this making the result of the match a forgone conclusion.

Seriously. When you have an F5 that is strictly a transition and another one that was really just a hope spot cutoff, you know you're in a Taker streak match.