DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

I'm out of touch. From an interest level and just an overall entertainment level, it doesn't come in the top half of Wrestlemania's. Taker losing the streak was a total TNA move.

A total TNA move would have had Taker's streak end with the opening of a briefcase following a run-in by five wrestlers, Jenna Morasca, and a midget with a handgun.

• Like 6

Did Stephanie legit sprain her ankle during Bryan's tope in the main event?

Crazy enough to catch the dive, even crazier to do it in heels. Good grief.

You must have missed her trying to run for her life.

• Like 1

Wow. This was an incredible night. Not every result was what I hoped, but I do have a lot of hope for the future. Cesaro's win should help him. Bray's loss shouldn't hurt much since it was part of a bigger story. Bryan-HHH was incredible and better than I expected, while Brock-Taker was worse, and had a shocking ending. Brock beating the streak, historically, should be okay since it's Taker's last match and he lost to the only former WWE and UFC Champion in history. However, it is stained by WWE's petty booking of him. Still, they lucked into him being a UFC Champ like they lucked into the streak, so given that, it's amazing that so much was gotten out of each thing. The WWE Title match was a bit of a cluster, but the right man won and had an epic celebration.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/wrestlemania-xxx.html

Screens -
96d2d0319274752.jpg

ce8a5c319275289.jpg

40fa7a319280674.jpg

b4c3ad319283741.jpg

4070c5319285526.jpg

327822319290082.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/pnyvc181cq8a2kuam6m1u6bywt9b1vur

I was watching in a movie theatre and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

How did the streaming hold up??

Worked perfectly here, only froze a couple of times during the opening segment with Hogan, but no more problems after that 

Did Stephanie legit sprain her ankle during Bryan's tope in the main event?

Crazy enough to catch the dive, even crazier to do it in heels. Good grief.

You must have missed her trying to run for her life.

Perhaps, but she ended up sprawled out on the arena floor. But it's the thought that counts.

Would have been nice to know who got in the ring at the end.

His sister and niece. You couldn't see the family resemblance?

That's what I assume but would have been nice to have Cole say it instead of just the 'oh look at this' as the little girl got in the ring

Here's the thing about Taker losing the streak to Brock: Whoever did it would have such a huge burden to bare that it could in and of itself ruin them. Lesnar is safe, it sets him up as a challenger for Bryan that will be epic, and it seems clear Taker is done. I love Taker... but he's done.

Yeah he is done. The match was bad but the ending saved it. 

HHH's sudden run as a Puro king was amazing. Bryan-HHH was as close to perfect as it gets, with HHH basically cribbing Puro offense and wrestling a prime era RoH main event with Bryan. Shield match was a fun squash, Battle Royal and Divas match were inoffensive and did what they needed to. Brock vs. Taker was sort of a disappointing halfassed version of both of their epics and for that reason it was kind of a disappointing ending to the Streak? I figure I may enjoy it more on a second viewing. Bray-Cena was as perfect as it could be, great storytelling and facial expressions and awesomeness. I need a second viewing though because I had stream issues.

Then the main event was perfect.

GOAT quality Mania.

It seemed to me (I dunno maybe I was half asleep) that even Cole, JBL and King were shocked by the Taker loss, that they weren't told to amp up the reality of it all. Anyone else think that?

I'm also wondering if Taker might have been concussed and so the walk out took longer then expected and so they weren't sure how to go. There seamed to be a lot of that tonight.

Such an awesome night. It made me forgot I had bronchitis for a few hours.

1) The pre-show tag match was a total blast as a car wreck. I thought Cesaro getting the swing on Swagger was going to be his moment. Welp...

2) Bryan vs. HHH was AWESOME. Just an incredible match and great performance from both guys. HHH came off the best he has in years -- the true "cerebral assassin" who knows every trick in the book. But D-Bry is maybe the best underdog ever. I don't think that's hyperbole right now.

3) The Shield just slaughtering Kane and The Outlaws was great. They just tore through them like it was no thing whatsoever. Great.

4) That battle royal was WAY more fun that it had any right to be. Kofi's non-elimination was nuts. Cesaro breaking through by tossing Show out was a star making moment. That's the way to book the Andre The Giant memorial.

5) Cena vs. Bray was so friggin' good. I don't really remember a match like that ever. Just an awesome story. The crowd chanting "He's got the whole world in his hands" was so awesome, too. It felt a lot like the Orton/Cena I Quit match in that it was just such a weird structure. A match based around John Cena not wanting to give in to his demons yet needing to find a way to beat this madman freak was executed perfectly. Bray's running this game for the next 15 years.

6) Brock ending the streak was the most unexpected moment ever. The reactions of everyone in the crowd... just chilling. There hasn't been a reaction to a match like that in years. Maybe ever? The air just got completely sucked out of the place in the best way possible.

7) The divas match was whatever. It was a somewhat entertaining car wreck and I love that AJ stole the pin.

8) That main event... wow. So many great storylines woven into one match. I loved Scott Armstrong coming back from the dead as a crooked ref. Just an awesome story from SummerSlam to WrestleMania. Who cares (or even knows?) how they got there? They did, and it was amazing.

• Like 3

It was nice seeing the divas make the most out of their death slot. I especially loved the double suicide dive from the Bellas.

And Steph was fantastic in HHH's corner tonight. I love the little kiss the two gave each other when Bryan was down at one point.

The Divas really tried. God bless them. But the nature of the match and the spot guaranteed that the crowd would shit on them.

Overall, I thought it was a good show. I really dug the tag title match too.