BLOCK B:

1. Jun Akiyama [8] 
2. Joe Doering [8] 
3. Go Shiozaki 7] 
4. Zeus [3]
5. Yutaka Yoshie [2] 
5. KENSO [2] 

4/13:

- Block B: Jun Akiyama [2] defeated Zeus [0] by Referee Stop (Front Necklock)
- Block B: Go Shiozaki [2] defeated KENSO [0] with the Short Range Strong Arm Lariat
- Block A: Suwama [2] defeated Takao Omori [0] (24:55) with the Last Ride

4/14:

- Block B: Yutaka Yoshie [2] defeated Zeus [0] (14:35) with the Diving Body Press
- Block A: Suwama [4] defeated Osamu Nishimura [0] (21:18) by Referee Stop (Sleeper Hold)
- Block A: Akebono [2] defeated Kento Miyahara [0] (9:19) with the Yokozuna Impact

4/16:

- Block A: Takao Omori [2] defeated Kento Miyahara [0] (18:16) with the Axe Bomber
- Block B: Joe Doering [4] defeated Jun Akiyama [2] (14:26) with the Revolution Bomb

4/19:

- Block A: Kento Miyahara [0] vs. Kendo Kashin [0] - Double Count Out (10:01)
- Block A: Akebono [6] defeated Osamu Nishimura [0] (18:08) with the Running Body Press

4/20: 

- Block A: Kendo Kashin [2] defeated Osamu Nishimura [0] (5:21) by Pinfall 
- Block B: Jun Akiyama [4] defeated Yutaka Yoshie [2] (13:34) with a Wrist-Clutch Exploder
- Block B: Go Shiozaki [5] vs. Joe Doering [5] - Time Limit Draw (30:00)

4/23:

- Block B: KENSO [2] defeated Yutaka Yoshie [2] (11:23) by Pinfall
- Block A: Kendo Kashin [4] defeated Suwama [6] (9:44) with a Small Package
- Block B: Go Shiozaki [7] defeated Zeus  [0] (21:17) with the Gowan Lariat

4/26:

- Block B: Joe Doering [6] vs. Zeus [1] - Time Limit Draw
- Block A: Takao Omori [6] defeated Osamu Nishimura [0] (12:08) with a Axe Bomber
- Block B: Jun Akiyama [8] defeated KENSO [2] (9:45) with a Figure-Four Leglock
- Block A: Suwama [8] defeated Kento Miyahara [0] (20:14) with the Last Ride

4/27:

- Block B: Joe Doering [8] defeated Yutaka Yoshie [2] with a Lariat
- Block A: Takao Omori [8] defeated Kendo Kashin [4] by Pinfall
- Block A: Kento Miyahara [2] defeated Osamu Nishimura [0] (8:47) by Referee Stop
- Block B: Zeus [3] defeated KENSO [2] (8:02) with a Scorpion Hold
- Block B Representative Playoff Match: Jun Akiyama defeated Joe Doering (9:28) with a Front Cradle
- Block A Representative Playoff Match: Takao Omori defeated Suwama (9:55) with an Axe Bomber
- Final: Takao Omori defeated Jun Akiyama (17:14) with a Sliding Axe Bomber

Aight I got this figured out, here are my official predictions:

BLOCK A:

Suwama
Akebono
Takao Omori
Kento Miyahara
Osamu Nishimura
Kendo Kashin

BLOCK B:

Go Shiozaki
Joe Doering
Jun Akiyama
Yutaka Yoshie
KENSO
Zeus

Winner:  Suwama

Tie-breakers:

First Tie-Breaker - 9
Second Tie-Breaker (if still tied) - 812

BLOCK A:

1. Suwama
2. Kento Miyahara
3. Akebono
4. Kendo Kashin
5. Osamu Nishimura
6. Takao Omori

BLOCK B: 

1. Go Shiozaki
2. Joe Doering
3. Jun Akiyama
4. Yutaka Yoshie
5. Zeus
6. KENSO

Winner:  Shiozaki

Tie-breakers are as follows:

First Tie-Breaker - 7
Second Tie-Breaker (if still tied) - 1,010

it's a tough one to call. Most of the likely contenders have already fought Akebono and lost so whoever wins and gets the title shot will probably be a rematch-challenger. This includes Doering and Shiozaki (my pick) who have both already lost to Akebono twice, once in the openweight tournament last year and once in TC defenses. if we had to guess who their opponent will be in the final I would guess Go going over Suwama because it will get the better draw, though I wouldn't be surprised at all by a Go/Miyahara final. One thing I'll say for sure is that whoever wins this thing has to beat Akebono in the title match. 

Oh since attendance is a tie-breaker I feel I should point it out - All Japan announced they are holding the event in the main Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM, not the side building.  So the building that seats like 8,000 people.  I can't explain why they would do that, but just something to keep in mind, it didn't influence my personal prediction any.  Maybe at the last minute they can change to the side building if they only sell 500 tickets, I dunno.

trivial observation: Ka Shin technically left the promotion twice while holding two different titles---he never dropped the Jr strap and he and Nagata never dropped the tag titles. if he comes out flaunting some illegitimate gold a la "real world's champion" Flair in WWF, then I will be officially okay with him being in the tourney.  

I'd lose a couple of these guys but I still count 10-12 tourny matches that I'm interested in seeing. I'm with Bucky on Nishimura. He should be in all leagues every year. Shit he'd be great in the Fire Festival, lots of fresh matches there.

BLOCK A:

Kendo Kashin

Akebono

Suwama

Takao Omori

Kento Miyahara

Osamu Nishimura

BLOCK B:

Go Shiozaki

Joe Doering

Jun Akiyama

Zeus

Yutaka Yoshie

KENSO

Winner: Shiozaki

Tie-breakers:

First Tie-Breaker -7

Second Tie-Breaker (if still tied) - 1200

I'm assuming that Go makes it to the finals, so I went with Kashin as his opponent since A) I don't think he'd beat Akebono to set up a match w/ Akebono, B ) I think they'll save Suwama for a defense, and C) they've no reason to push the other three.

I'm probably wrong, though, since maybe they'll have him beat Suwama, and then he'll have to build himself up to a much-anticipated (?) defense later in Go's reign. And, you know, Kashin stinks.

BLOCK A:

Suwama
Akebono
Takao Omori
Kento Miyahara
Osamu Nishimura
Kendo Kashin

BLOCK B:

Go Shiozaki
Joe Doering
Jun Akiyama
Yutaka Yoshie
KENSO
Zeus

Winner: Suwama

Tie-breakers:

First Tie-Breaker: 8
Second Tie-Breaker (if still tied): 950

Ok I'll jump in.

BLOCK A:

Akebono
Suwama
Kento Miyahara
Takao Omori
Osamu Nishimura
Kendo Kashin

BLOCK B:

Go Shiozaki
Jun Akiyama
Joe Doering
Yutaka Yoshie
KENSO
Zeus

Shiozaki for the win.

9 for the 1st tiebreaker
1050 for the 2nd tiebreaker.

I'd like to see Go get a nice run with the Triple Crown and this is the first step towards that.

BLOCK A:

2.Akebono
6.Kendo Kashin
3.Kento Miyahara
5.Osamu Nishimura
1.Suwama
4.Takao Omori

BLOCK B:

1.Go Shiozaki
4.Joe Doering
3.Jun Akiyama
2.KENSO
5.Yutaka Yoshie
6.Zeus

Winner:  Shiozaki

First Tie-Breaker - 7

Second Tie-Breaker (if still tied) - 1200

I edited my picks so that they're in order (I was supposed to do that, right?). 

Also re: the Kashin thing, yeah I don't see him doing very well, but at the same time they have to legitimize their choices for outsiders, so I see him picking up a few upset wins via cradles and whatnot. Zeus is a tougher one to call since I know nothing about him and hes barely even a name (I was hoping it was Tiny Lister). 

I know I'm too late, but I'm calling this: B block #1: Zeus. A Block #1: Akebono.

The chance to witness a 'Bono vs. Zeus final will be enough to draw over 4000 people to Bodymaker. I'm not kidding.

As I said, I know I'm too late, but I think I deserve a prize if I'm right. I don't think anyone else predicted anything close to this. 

163245_10150126841910358_1676261_n.jpg

296265_10150404305890358_834693072_n.jpg

IMGP0195.jpg

ZEY-OOS! ZEY-OOS! ZEY-OOS!

Why do people in Japan walk around with their shirts off :P

If Zeus is going to become a regular there I could almost see something crazy like that, but I see it more likely he picks up a big win or two more of a try-out than anything else.  Maybe an early upset that they can do a re-match of on the big event.

It's hot here in the summer, brother! I think your scenario is more likely... but since I'm most likely going to the finals (courtesy of my friend Yuji) and since I'm a huge Zeus mark, I am honestly pulling for him vs. Suwama or Akebono in the final. Zeus could absolutely be a star for AJPW if the use him right, he's got charisma to burn, and a one-in-a-million look, and he can really go in the ring. 

Also: This was how Zeus looked after the Big Guns Vs. Go and Taniguchi tag match at the March 2011 charity show in Kobe. Shiozaki did that to his chest. 

200194_10150173676135358_5999618_n.jpg

Edit: Actually likely finals prediction: Probably the winner of Akiyama vs Go against the winner of Suwama vs. 'Bono, since those matches are both scheduled for the Osaka show.