DVDVR Message Board

Biogenesis Suspensions Begin...

RIPPA

How come they won't out the NBA guys?

Because both football and basketball understand that if they don't talk about it, the public at large won't think about it and therefore, assume that there's no problem. It bypasses the issue easily and effectively.
Considering that most NBA superstars and almost all international players are subject to Olympic testing for periods of time, I would be pretty shocked if the NBA players on the list were big names. I mean, who really cares if Gerald Wallace is taking steroids?

I don't think that's the case.  I think it's because MLB has been forced to go after PED users so aggressively in an attempt to clean up their damaged image from McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, etc. 

There's no pressure on the other leagues to really clean anything up because no big names have been busted.  The more you go attack PED use, the more people you catch and in a way, the dirtier your sport looks.  MLB reached out to the whistleblower and offered him money, the other leagues did not even though they know they have dirty players connected.

Its been pointed out often how there are a disproportionate number of Latin players busted in baseball for PED use. Usually, the explanation given is stuff is easier to get in the Caribbean and/or the risk reward is so much greater to a shortstop playing with a milk carton glove in San Pedro de Macaris than a kid living in Southern California.

This is coming from the New York Post so apply the appropriate amount of salt.

Apparently MLB is going to hand down the suspensions this week - and first time offenders are getting offered the following deal "If you don't appeal - you will only get 50 games"

And to give the other NY rag equal time

The Daily News is saying that MLB is going to offer A-Rod the deal of being suspended the rest of this year and all of 2014. If he refuses - he is banned for life.

The Daily News is saying that MLB is going to offer A-Rod the deal of being suspended the rest of this year and all of 2014. If he refuses - he is banned for life.

Oh that's the stuff.

Do it A-Rod.  Refuse, stand your ground!  Don't take the deal!!!

Please?

This was my exact reaction:

Posted Image

I hope that MLB at least announces all these suspensions before the trade deadline, or at least let the teams know.

It would suck to lose a player after the trade dealine and not be able to replace him with waivers being involved.

I hope that MLB at least announces all these suspensions before the trade deadline, or at least let the teams know.It would suck to lose a player after the trade dealine and not be able to replace him with waivers being involved.

Well, Bud has to, right? If there's a trade for a player that is going to be suspended, one would expect Bud to veto the trade, which would be a dead giveaway as to what would take place next. So it's either that, or announce the suspensions, and soon.

Just suspend everyone in the league and cancel the season already. Not like I have anything else to look forward to with my team.

A-Rod should lawyer the fuck up.

I hope MLB is underestimating how far A-Rod will go to fight this.  What does he have to lose?  Get banned for life, or take the deal and never play another in his life, anyway.  His digging in and forcing Selig and Co. to fight would be absurd comedy at its peak.  And better than 90% of the league's games, I'd wager.

I hope MLB is underestimating how far A-Rod will go to fight this.  What does he have to lose?  Get banned for life, or take the deal and never play another in his life, anyway.  His digging in and forcing Selig and Co. to fight would be absurd comedy at its peak.  And better than 90% of the league's games, I'd wager.

It kind of said it all that the shit will hit the fan the week after a empty Hall of Fame induction week, because really that 'is' all A-Rod has to lose. The only thing left is if last year let all the BBWAA voters get their "naughty, naughty", and "But...I...WANNA...be eight years old again!" out of their system regarding Hall of Fame votes- which would make all the difference for A-Rod [if he takes the deal, he may never play another game in his life, but the door would still be open for a potential Hall of Fame induction- but if he doesn't take the deal, he's banned for life, meaning he is ineligible to get inducted into the Hall of Fame.]

A-Rod should lawyer the fuck up.

How much money is on his contract beyond 2014?  That's what he potentially loses.