DVDVR Message Board

Biogenesis Suspensions Begin...

RIPPA

I want a separate thread because this will probably get real ugly real fast (and Odessa already posted it in the July thread)

per trade rumors

MLB Suspends Ryan Braun For Remainder Of Season
By Steve Adams [July 22, 2013 at 4:40pm CST]
Major League Baseball has suspended Ryan Braun for the rest of the season due to his involvement in the Biogenesis PED scandal, and he has accepted the deal, according to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Braun's suspension is effective immediately, meaning that the total penalty is 65 games.

Wait - you mean he isn't blaming this on FedEx???

I am pantsless over the fact that A-Rod's suspension might be coming today

Please be for life

Please be for life

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. That's the stuff. I've hated that signing ever since he arrived in New York.

I hope everyone remembers this thread, and stuff like the NFL HGH testing thread, when people are complaining about star players suddenly not being as durable as they used to be.

It's hilarious that the owners are letting the media drive this NO DRUGS bus, because the only thing it could possibly lead to is shorter seasons or extremely mediocre action in the later months (which will then lead to the same media crying for shorter seasons). It'll be like the post-Christmas NBA Draft TANK, only the teams will be tanking because the players are too beat up to keep playing.

Gregg Popovich's brazen style of resting his players during 'key' regular season games will suddenly become the norm and that's when the real fun will begin. The networks will lose their collective minds.

...or people will find a new way to work around the new drug testing. Oh well. Good job, good effort, guys.

• Like 1

Oh never change Buster Olney

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 43m
It would be a good move for Braun to reach out to ARI players who were on the team he hammered in the '11 postseason. Some feel cheated.

Odds on the FedEx courier suing the pants off Braun for defamation of character:  EVEN.

Except for the fact that, you know, he still didn't do his job properly.

Francesa seems to think that Braun "struck a deal with baseball" and that's why this is coming out today. He believes others will fight it.

He did.

So to summarize: juicing is bad, but DUIs are still A-OK. 

Except for the fact that, you know, he still didn't do his job properly.

He did.

So to summarize: juicing is bad, but DUIs are still A-OK. 

And beating your wife/girlfriend - don't forget that too

God Bless Logan Morrison

From one of the Marlins beat guys

clarkspencer

‏@clarkspencer
Logan Morrison: "You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings." #marlins #braun
  • Like 3

Can they just hold out on suspending A-Rod until he comes off the DL, then slap him with 150 games (hit him with 2 strikes off the bat).  That'll only leave him with 2 years left on the shitty contract.

Oh boy, shit just got serious:

#MLB sources have informed CBS Evening News' @JimAxelrod that Alex Rodriguez could be looking at a lifetime ban

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/23/report-yankees-alex-rodriguez-is-looking-to-make-a-deal-with-mlb/

My guess is they've told him: retire or your gone forever. 

• Like 1

Wow.  A career that ends figthing with his own team who don't want him.  Fighting with a league that doesn't want him.  Fighting with a union made up of players who don't want him.

Fighting to prove what?  That he wants to win?  That he wants to play?  In what scenario in his mind does this end with wreaths and rainbows?

Is it?  He's got to have hundreds of millions in various investments.

He's starting to fall into that pathological group along with Armstron and Bonds where some weird thing is driving them beyond money.

With Bonds it seemed to be that one record.  He didn't need PEDs to be a great player, to be a hall-of-famer.  Hell, he didn't need them to be the best player of his generation.  But he wanted that one record, and he didn't think he could do it without them.  Just to put that one fucking trophy on his mantel so he could stare at it.

I fucking hate that.  It's insane. 

Armstrong just seems to need to be a God to people, to have adulation all the time.  He seems borderline psychotic and certainly close to sociopathic.

I haven't really paid much attention to him or the Yankees over the years.  With A-Rod is it really just "The owe me and I won't give up what's mine?"  He always struck me as having this weird victim complex where he seems to want to prove to everyone how much they should love him.  And he's not going to let it go, no matter how absurd it becomes.

• Like 1

I actually understand Bonds' motivation.  I think seeing McGwire and Sosa get all the attention in 1998 drove Bonds batty, and he became determined to prove how he was the best player in the game.  Of course, had he stopped to think about it for five seconds, Bonds would have realized that the public already saw him as that.  Because he was, and he didn't need a needle of horse urine to make it happen.

A-Rod is another ball of wax.  I think he's just incredibly vain and needy.  He has to be preening in front of us, even when we're throwing rotten poultices at him.  At least he knows we care in some fashion.  But if he's banned for life, A-Rod would have to find another way to draw our attention.  And he would.  Because his psyche won't allow for anything else.

It's A-Rod. It's not about wreaths and rainbows. It's about the $100M or so he'd leave on the table if he's suspended.

I think he's got to find a way to retire based on doctors telling him his hip is shot.  His insurance would take over at that point and baseball gets to walk away from him clean.

He's never getting into the Hall, so I think his money and his stats are all he has left.