DVDVR Message Board

Biogenesis Suspensions Begin...

RIPPA

A-Rod should lawyer the fuck up.

I hope MLB is underestimating how far A-Rod will go to fight this.  What does he have to lose?  Get banned for life, or take the deal and never play another in his life, anyway.  His digging in and forcing Selig and Co. to fight would be absurd comedy at its peak.  And better than 90% of the league's games, I'd wager.

How much money is on his contract beyond 2014?  That's what he potentially loses.

I've heard $60 million or so, but that could be wrong.

It's $61 million in base salary

2015 - $21 million

2016 - $20 million

2017 - $20 million

There are some homer bases incentives he is never going to get

($6M each for reaching 660, 714, 755 and tying and breaking major league HR record)

He needs 13 homers to reach Willie Mays at 660 so I guess he could luckbox to that... if he ever plays again

EDIT - Oh and he is supposed to get the last of his signing bonus payments in January 2014 ($3 million) but I don't know where that falls in the whole suspension thing

I hope MLB is underestimating how far A-Rod will go to fight this.  What does he have to lose?  Get banned for life, or take the deal and never play another in his life, anyway.  His digging in and forcing Selig and Co. to fight would be absurd comedy at its peak.  And better than 90% of the league's games, I'd wager.

How much money is on his contract beyond 2014?  That's what he potentially loses.

If you've heard that, then why are you asking what he has to lose by fighting?

If you've heard that, then why are you asking what he has to lose by fighting?

*SWOOSH*

Why are you asking questions when you missed the point?  Or is that your point?

I hope that MLB at least announces all these suspensions before the trade deadline, or at least let the teams know.It would suck to lose a player after the trade dealine and not be able to replace him with waivers being involved.

They've already told the union.  And it seems like the teams know.

Three 2013 All-Stars could face bans: Texas outfielder Nelson Cruz, San Diego shortstop Everth Cabrera and Detroit shortstop Jhonny Peralta. In a sign Peralta's suspension might be imminent, the Tigers acquired shortstop Jose Iglesias from Boston on Tuesday night as part of a three-way trade with the Chicago White Sox.

A-Rod is the scape goat for MLB because they turned a blind eye to Barry Bonds when he was doing so much juice his head and body quadrupled in size. Does A-Rod deserve at least a season suspension? Absolutley. If he gets life, Bud Sielig should unban Pete Rose almost imediatley.

A-Rod is the scape goat for MLB because they turned a blind eye to Barry Bonds when he was doing so much juice his head and body quadrupled in size. Does A-Rod deserve at least a season suspension? Absolutley. If he gets life, Bud Sielig should unban Pete Rose almost imediatley.

Agreed about Pete Rose, but we all know Rose won't get unbanned while he's alive.  

I think the most "lifetime-ban-worthy" rumor that I've heard is that for lack of a better word, A-Rod was dealing.  Supposedly, he was bringing people in to Biogenesis and taking a cut of the profits. If that's true... 

If that's true, I'll bet we end up with A Rod in front of a grand jury, which will make me not watch television for a few months. I can only hope that tim Tebow is somehow also implicated, so ESPN can just start combining stories in to one giant amorphous sports blob. 

Baseball didn't "look the other way" at Barry Bonds, exactly. This started dating back to the 70's and hit full stride in the 80's during the Bash Brothers era of the Oakland A's. You can say that baseballs were 'juiced' or parks got smaller or expansion watered down the pitching and it's all true but home run production was going up and up well before Bonds explosion in 2001. Baseball looked the other way at McGwire and Sosa because they were saving the sport.

Now Selig and Co. want to "make it right" but it's never going to sit well with me because they didn't say shit when they were raking in billions. The whole thing is disingenuous so they can screw off. It's "GO A-Rod!" over here.

• Like 1

Baseball didn't "look the other way" at Barry Bonds, exactly. This started dating back to the 70's and hit full stride in the 80's during the Bash Brothers era of the Oakland A's. You can say that baseballs were 'juiced' or parks got smaller or expansion watered down the pitching and it's all true but home run production was going up and up well before Bonds explosion in 2001. Baseball looked the other way at McGwire and Sosa because they were saving the sport.

Now Selig and Co. want to "make it right" but it's never going to sit well with me because they didn't say shit when they were raking in billions. The whole thing is disingenuous so they can screw off. It's "GO A-Rod!" over here.

"Saving the sport" from an endangerment Selig (and company) created in the first place, mind.

Another reason Selig's words and actions invariably ring hollow.

Popular picture on the net today

Posted Image

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

• Like 1

I know its not exactly the same, but Pete Rose was a player/manager, so he probably bet while he was still playing, if he gets back in, let the 1919 White sox back in too.  Sure they threw the series, but do we have evidence(other than Rose's word) that he never bet on his team to lose or shaved points? No he's never getting in the Hall of Fame. As ofr A-Roid, assuming they have the goods, good riddance, I guess, but something about this case(all of them) stinks to high heaven. Sure they all roided, but baseball is crawling threw the river of shit of Shawshank and thinking they will be clean on the other side. . .Not so sure. I know its hypocrosy, but I see a difference between coffee, greenies, and spitballs and roids. EVERYONE did greenies or whatnot, not everyone roided.. . .As for spitballs or stealing signs, its always been part of the game for better or worse, the old "if you aint cheatin' you aint tryin"  mindset.  All baseball has is its history and records, if those are tainted, then the game is tainted. . .so that's why roids are bad i guess. . .Still wish if selig is going this route he strap on his big boy panties and strike all the mcgwire/sosa/bonds, et al seasons from the books and be done with it. . .