DVDVR Message Board

NHL - APRIL 2014

Dolfan in NYC

Miller has actually been really good since coming here, it's just been that the only thing that has been worse then our offense is our defense. We are as good as a team in the league in terms of transition game, but our defense tends to do very stupid things. We are gonna give up breakaways.

The good news is we are supposed to be getting just about everyone back in this series, which makes me wonder if we just gave a bunch of people extra time to play it safe. But I'd rather have played them and found a way to win the division and play the Wild instead. But it would be nice to get Backes, Oshie, Berglund, Tarasenko, or Sobotka back. Morrow too I guess.

• Like 1

I'm just glad the Blues started their annual chokejob before the playoffs have even started.  Now I don't even have to worry about my usual tiny sliver of hope come the first round.

I painted over my silver lining with a cool set of lightning bolt and flame decals.  My misery has never looked more bitchin.

• Like 2

Toilet bowls won a cup and nobody gave a shit. If they won a cup in Hartford they'd sell out every game.Fucking Southerners.

PUROvqn.gif

What's the difference between me and Carolina? I'm actually going to the playoffs!

Brodeur likely played his last game as a Devil today. I really hope he calls it a career because he's one of those players who should only play for one team. Does anyone really want to see him washed up in Arizona or some other place?

Sedin is out of the hospital.

BTW, possible huge tactical error today by Patrick Roy.  He started basically a full roster in a meaningless game and saw Jan Hejda get hit in the hand with a slapshot and leave in obvious pain (One of the Avalanche's most important defenders), then third line center John Mitchell suffered a concussion and is already being ruled out for the first round.  Could we see Dallas (Good young players, some playoff experience (Seguin/Gonchar), good goalie, has been playing playoff hockey for the better part of a month) with the #8 over #1 upset?!  I'm not going that far...yet...mainly because I've been underrating the Avalanche all year (Saw no way they were making the playoffs, saw no way they would match their hot start, saw no way they would win their division...).

Toilet bowls won a cup and nobody gave a shit. If they won a cup in Hartford they'd sell out every game.Fucking Southerners.

PUROvqn.gif

What's the difference between me and Carolina? I'm actually going to the playoffs!

Last comment on this sad little flame war, but it's weird that "SabreMike", whose location is "The Church of John Tavares" and bemoans the loss of the Whalers has a team that is going to the playoffs. How many teams do you like?

I don't want to dox anyone here, but are you this guy?

The church of John Tavares with season tickets to the Devils going to playoff games in Philly, but not MSG because ain't no one got that kind of money.

The combined cost of my Devils and Isles STs is less than 4 decent seats to a Rags playoff game. Actually met a couple from Australia coming back from an Isles game and asked them if they were going to MSG. They told me no because it was too expensive. That should give you an idea how expensive MSG is

PUROvqn.gif

Last comment on this sad little flame war, but it's weird that "SabreMike", whose location is "The Church of John Tavares" and bemoans the loss of the Whalers has a team that is going to the playoffs. How many teams do you like?

I don't want to dox anyone here, but are you this guy?

I have teams I like more than others because I actually go to their games. I live in the NY metro area and go to as many live games as I can. And if your trying to question my fandom, I've worn my Sabres gear to games in Philly, MSG, Nassau and Pru Center. Dare anyone here to go to Philly in non-Flyers gear.

This just in: Chuck Kaiton has just mediated a peace treaty in the flame war between me and BMAB. He's being nominated for a Nobel Prize as we speak.

BTW, possible huge tactical error today by Patrick Roy.  He started basically a full roster in a meaningless game and saw Jan Hejda get hit in the hand with a slapshot and leave in obvious pain (One of the Avalanche's most important defenders), then third line center John Mitchell suffered a concussion and is already being ruled out for the first round.  Could we see Dallas (Good young players, some playoff experience (Seguin/Gonchar), good goalie, has been playing playoff hockey for the better part of a month) with the #8 over #1 upset?!  I'm not going that far...yet...mainly because I've been underrating the Avalanche all year (Saw no way they were making the playoffs, saw no way they would match their hot start, saw no way they would win their division...).

To be fair, they don't win the division if the Blues don't suck shit in the last 2 weeks.

As a Blues fan, I was hoping we'd draw Minnesota instead of Dallas when I thought we had the division locked; Dallas as a team scares the crap out of me for some reason. I think it's the team speed.

To be fair, they don't win the division if the Blues don't suck shit in the last 2 weeks.

Blues gonna Blue