DVDVR Message Board

Letterman to Retire in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Just announced today while taping his show.

Begin your speculation as to who takes over for him. Personally, I'd love to see life follow art and Louis CK to take over.

Apparently a lot of speculation that Jon Stewart's deal with Comedy Central expires in 2015, too...

One guy suggested Dave Chappelle and that would be AMAZING.  It'll never happen, but it would be amazing.

Apparently a lot of speculation that Jon Stewart's deal with Comedy Central expires in 2015, too...

One guy suggested Dave Chappelle and that would be AMAZING.  It'll never happen, but it would be amazing.

That would get me watching again.

I've always thought Jon Stewart was the natural choice. I guess the question would be whether he cares enough about his role as TV news watchdog to give that up for a more straightforward gab show.

Get Kevin Periera!*

*Never gonna fucking happen

Good lord no.

I'm hoping for Conan.  His contract is up in 2015, as well, and he seems like a natural successor.  He'd be good competition for Fallon going after the young demographic.  He might get lower ratings than anyone but that don't mean squat.

"I'm sorry that you couldn't be here tonight." Dave to Joaquin Phoenix after the ridiculous interview segment.

I'm currently reading the war for late night, wherein Jon Stewart makes a cameo or two while seeming to want such a network position, at least then. I could see him handing the daily show and subsequent work load to a John Oliver type protege.

Maybe Pete Holmes can bring his terrible Street Fighter sketches and endless footage taped backstage at the NBA All Star game. Or maybe not.

Conan seems the safe choice, and you have to believe Dave would like to show Leno how to step down "the right way".

So do we post favorite memories in here too?

I think my favorite moments were when Dave had to try and draw blood from stones. His 'interviews' with Kristen Stewart and Joaquin Phoenix were great.

WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(video snipped)

This is unreal

Pfft, you kids.  That was nothing.  Give me Harvey Pekar, Charles Grodin, or Crispin Glover.  

• Like 4

Dave's diatribe on John McCain in 2008 was aces.

Was that the one when McCain suspended his campgain to go back to DC after spending the morning afternoon on Fox News/Campgain stops?

And blew off Letterman that night, to appear on CBS News.