DVDVR Message Board

APRIL ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Tito just called it the Flying Forearm.  Jesse might've tried to call it jalepeno thing.

It was Heenan. Humanoid.

Jesse's gimmick with Tito was to refer to him as Chico.

Tito just called it the Flying Forearm.  Jesse might've tried to call it jalepeno thing.

It was Heenan. Humanoid.

Jesse's gimmick with Tito was to refer to him as Chico.

My favorite joke was when he would tell McMahon that Tito played for the MFL (Mexican Football League. Granted, it's funnier to hear Jesse make the comment).

Didn't McMahon say the move was called "El Paso del Muerto" (or something like that) and Heenan would call it in the replay the "Extra Hot Pace Picante"?

Didn't McMahon say the move was called "El Paso del Muerto" (or something like that) and Heenan would call it in the replay the "Extra Hot Pace Picante"?

That was his awesome El Matador finisher which was a flying punch to the back of a hunched over guy's head. This is one of my talking points, but Tito's matches became a lot more interesting when he got the new gimmick because after losing the figure four, for years, his big PTW or house show matches would have him hit the flying forearm but the heel would roll out. At that point, since he used up his finisher, everyone sort of knew that Tito was going to lose. After that, they could still work that spot in but there was a chance he'd win.

• Like 1

tumblr_n255vkKHS01qhjbxeo1_400.gif

tumblr_n255vkKHS01qhjbxeo2_400.gif

I haven't kept up with recent stuff from Japan, but I know that's Ishii and the tag says Naito; anyone have a promotion/date on this hideous beauty? Thanks in advance for any help.

Probably this

[clip snipped]

A great match but can't be that one, you can see in the second gif that it was a tag team match, someone is holding back Tanahashi from interfering (probably Nakamura).  Since New Japan runs similar matches quite a bit it could be any number of tag team or six man tag matches from the last six months that involved some combination of those wrestlers.

• Like 1

That was his awesome El Matador finisher which was a flying punch to the back of a hunched over guy's head. This is one of my talking points, but Tito's matches became a lot more interesting when he got the new gimmick because after losing the figure four, for years, his big PTW or house show matches would have him hit the flying forearm but the heel would roll out. At that point, since he used up his finisher, everyone sort of knew that Tito was going to lose. After that, they could still work that spot in but there was a chance he'd win.

I think it was at least sometimes a forearm to the back of the head (I can only find him using it against Kato at MSG on YT), but I am surprise noone stole that as a spot.

I haven't kept up with recent stuff from Japan, but I know that's Ishii and the tag says Naito; anyone have a promotion/date on this hideous beauty? Thanks in advance for any help.

Probably this

[clip snipped]

A great match but can't be that one, you can see in the second gif that it was a tag team match, someone is holding back Tanahashi from interfering (probably Nakamura).  Since New Japan runs similar matches quite a bit it could be any number of tag team or six man tag matches from the last six months that involved some combination of those wrestlers.

I think its from the Anniversary show, since it was Nakamura/Ishii vs. Tanahashi/Naito, and that's how it ended.  Also, I remember Ishii murdering Naito with a lariat.  That was back on 3/6,

• Like 1

Probably this

[clip snipped]

I think its from the Anniversary show, since it was Nakamura/Ishii vs. Tanahashi/Naito, and that's how it ended.  Also, I remember Ishii murdering Naito with a lariat.  That was back on 3/6,

Yep, I checked that match, you wins.  Ishii does seem to enjoy killing people.