DVDVR Message Board

EPL Fantasy League: Classic or Head to Head?

Pete

EPL Fantasy League question  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What type of EPL Fantasy League Would You Prefer?

• Standard league, all team points measured against everyone else
    • Head to Head league, your points versus your opponents

I swallowed my pride and broke my no-Rag policy to land RVP. So naturally you can expect him to have an off-year...

Scuse me *goes off to transfer him*

Though, really, it's my 2nd striker I can't decide on. Looking between Dzeko, Berbatov and Lambert.

I swallowed my pride and broke my no-Rag policy to land RVP. So naturally you can expect him to have an off-year...

Scuse me *goes off to transfer him*

Though, really, it's my 2nd striker I can't decide on. Looking between Dzeko, Berbatov and Lambert.

I have Lambert and Altidore with RVP. The latter because Sunderland have a pretty cushy fixture list to kick things off and he might sneak a few early.

I'm too used to fantasy games with money on the line. If anything there, my rule is to avoid drafting players from teams I support because I'm less likely to be neutral.

I like Altidore, but not enough to try to squeeze that extra mil for him out of my midfield, so I'm ending up starting RVP, Lambert and Crouch.

Guest The Magnificent 7

----------------------------Boruc---------------------------

Baines---------------Shawcross----------------Zabaleta

Snodgrass---VICTOR Wanyama---Coutinho---Cazorla---Michu

-----------------Berbatov-----------Podolski--------------------

Subs:  Hooper (shin injury), Mertesacker, Baker, Guzan

If yer lookin' for a bargain Hooper is your man at 6.5m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It took me until week 24 to figure out that the "Average" team in the Head-to-Head league isn't one of us calling our team "Average", but the actual average points scored every week. Also, Average is second place in the H-2-H league. Shameful!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm fielding 9 players, with one on the bench. Both my Goalies have games. None of my forwards do, but I'm not selling them when I won't be able to afford them back.

• 1 month later...

Well, a month ago I would have said I was finishing 6th no matter what. But I've cut the gap to 5th from over 100 points to 40-odd... another gameweek like this last one, and I'm laughing. Only I won't be having another gameweek like last one, because Dzeko isn't going to get another 25 points and he's not my captain anymore.

Next season, I'm going to do a Head to Head by myself. Average is only beating me (in DVDVR H2H) because everyone else keeps jobbing to him. So next year, it'll be me VS average, one on one.

I clinched the DVDVR head-to-head league this week, because someone else finally beat average. 13 points off of a Champions League spot in the normal DVDVR league, so I need to change up the lineup this week.

It was my hope to be able to somehow play no one in the last week of the normal DVDVR league and still win.  Something like a virtual honor guard?  Regardless, I would like to thank the one Aaron Ramsey and the other Luis Suarez for carrying the water for me all year.  Also, Yaya Toure for piling on when I was already doing well (just like real life).

• 3 months later...