DVDVR Message Board

APRIL PHOTO THREAD

Sorry this came out so big. I need a sizing tutorial, obviously. Anyway, this was probably the biggest show in Jax history. They put almost 11,100 people in a stadium that (legally) held 10,300 for wrestling. Held the Coliseum record for any event until they squeezed even more in for a Led Zeppelin concert some years later.znlesWq.jpg

• Like 4

Koechner recently told that story on Jericho's podcast. He knew one of the writers at the time of the RTC, went to visit his friend backstage, and he apparently made it to TV twice coming out to protest against The Godfather

I love the hostile little note about the program number in the bottom right. Like they could have just wrote "Program Number" above the number stamp. But clearly the program guy was sick and damn tired of answering questions about when the raffle was going to be drawn, and where do I check my lucky number, and decided just to head those questions off and tell you right up front you're an idiot for thinking this is anything but the program number.

• Like 4

I love the hostile little note about the program number in the bottom right. Like they could have just wrote "Program Number" above the number stamp. But clearly the program guy was sick and damn tired of answering questions about when the raffle was going to be drawn, and where do I check my lucky number, and decided just to head those questions off and tell you right up front you're an idiot for thinking this is anything but the program number.

Actually, the promoter had run a "lucky number" lottery that the local constabulary shut down. The note was to make sure the more thick-headed fans got the message.

The advertisers on the back of that Jacksonville program read like satirical, thinly-veiled fronts for bordellos.  Sammy Sweet's Harem, the Drive-In Fruit Market (specializing in choice meat, fruits, and vegetables), Creamer's Moving and Storage (on Beaver Street, no less).  And the city treasurer gets an ad to make things appear respectable.

• Like 1