DVDVR Message Board

APRIL PHOTO THREAD

-202f27b43b923f68.jpg

-75a2539933eced4b.jpg

I was thinking and Tito is basically the one guy who really seems to have lived up to the superhero status. Every shoot interview that brings him up talks about what a good guy he is and how he's a family guy and how people sort of wish they had lived their life more like him. Not only was he a great wrestler and sort of the perfect babyface with the way his matches were structured, but he represents all that is good and pure in pro wrestling. Maybe he's the only wrestler who ever did. You could put almost any other wrestler in that second picture and there'd be some sort of worrying sense of something not being right. Not with Tito. 

• Like 10

Ricky Steamboat says hi.

Steamboat is in the same book if not on the same page, giving up pushes and leaving money on the table because he wanted to focus on his family at various times (and according to Flair, outright refusing to be a specific sort of babyface) but he's also a guy who lost his ring name in a divorce. I'm not saying that's his fault or even that it makes him less of a good guy, but between that and the near tragedy after the Nexus beatdown, there's an asterix, maybe? I just think Tito's on a higher level when it comes to this even if there's very likely a lot that's admirable about Ricky. It's just that he doesn't get to have that same bit of storybook that Tito seems to have. He's definitely a guy that no one says much bad about. 

1891415_767228623287593_2136344794_o.jpg

I want way too many of these.

No promises, but I may have access.  My uncle used to run some of those quarter vending machine thingamgics in Brooklyn.  He had cases of these stickers.  He passed away, but he hoarded a lot of this old stuff, and they may still be in his basement.  Next time I go there I will look.  I have a binder covered with those things...they were from my pre-wrestling days.  He also had tons od DC and Marvel stickers.  Wow...that just brought back some memories.    

• Like 4

I've not heard of "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal before today, but he looks like a prototype for 80s wrestlers everywhere.

200482.jpg

ETA: Son-in-Law of Wilbur Snyder!

ETA 2: He debuted in Champaign! Holy crap

I've not heard of "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal before today, but he looks like a prototype for 80s wrestlers everywhere.

200482.jpg

ETA: Son-in-Law of Wilbur Snyder!

ETA 2: He debuted in Champaign! Holy crap

alarm.gif

FRIENDS DO NOT LET FRIENDS WATCH STEVE REGAL MATCHES. 

Just move on. Forget about him. Let's talk about someone more down your alley Mike:

01.jpg

• Like 1

I watched some Steve Regal promos, it was not good.

So much for my trifecta of discovering new wrestlers today

ETA: Everyone should know that the horse jokes have been sent to the glue factory, as per Rippa's wishes