DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

There's a squiggly line. I think it is a snake.

I am thoroughly and utterly confused by that shirt.

That's part of the original shirt though, not the Photoshop.

The whole concept of this Evolution stable at this point is completely retarded the more I think about it. They would technically be trying to evolve into what the Shield are today.

There's a squiggly line. I think it is a snake.

I am thoroughly and utterly confused by that shirt.

That's part of the original shirt though, not the Photoshop.

Oh. I don't know what they could've added then outside of Cole in the background going "VIPER!~"

Edit: That was weird.

You have to understand it as HHH being a master manipulator who can use the paper-thin premise of an Evolution reunion to get those two idiots Batista and Orton to do his bidding. 

I half-expect that after Evolution fails to take down Daniel Bryan and the Shield, the next HHH gambit will be to call up half the NXT roster to be his lackeys, with the idea that he has segregated NXT from the rest of the roster so he can train them to be his own army that is personally loyal to him.  Sort of a Nexus done right, where they have a clear understanding of who is behind it all and what the endgame is.

The Shield-Evolution stuff is pretty dumb. From a character standpoint, I can't understand why any Evolution member would take their focus off Bryan and the title for a chance to fight the Shield.

I think it's been said on screen more than once. As long as the Shield is around to fuck their shit up, nobody will be able to get what they want. Thus, the impediment must be removed.

My local indie (which I have never seen) is offering $30 for front-row seats and a VIP meet and greet with Sunny, compared to $15 for general admission.  The Honky Tonk Man will also appear, but is the real draw being able to gawk at the people who paid extra to meet Sunny?  What would you expect will be the best way to describe them, creepy or pathetic or surprisingly normal-looking?

I love that Evolution shirt design, both the actual and Photoshop.  Reminds me of Army of Darkness.  I suppose there's a reason Triple H has no jawbone, but I'm sure I'm better off not knowing.

• Like 1

The Shield-Evolution stuff is pretty dumb. From a character standpoint, I can't understand why any Evolution member would take their focus off Bryan and the title for a chance to fight the Shield.

I think it's been said on screen more than once. As long as the Shield is around to fuck their shit up, nobody will be able to get what they want. Thus, the impediment must be removed.

Yeah, the Shield stood up and loudly said 'We're not your bitches.' They're not Bryan, the outspoken rebel- they were supposed to be subservient grunts. If the Authority can't keep their own guys in line, they have bigger problems than the championship.

Bray Wyatt and John Wilkes Booth vs. Daniel Bryan and Abe Lincoln.

Go old school man:

Sting and Benedict Arnold vs. William Regal and King George III

It took me a second to realize the significance of Benedict Arnold being Sting's partner. I now have to clean my monitor. Thanks a lot!

HBK vs Jeff Hardy, Raw 2-11-08. I didn't watch a lot of WWE around this time so I've been watching some stuff from the era. This was really, really good. Gotta be one of the best Jeff Hardy singles matches right? Yet another reason I cannot fathom the HBK hate.

• Like 1

HBK vs Jeff Hardy, Raw 2-11-08. I didn't watch a lot of WWE around this time so I've been watching some stuff from the era. This was really, really good. Gotta be one of the best Jeff Hardy singles matches right? Yet another reason I cannot fathom the HBK hate.

I don't remember the match in question specifically but you should have a look as much Jeff from that period as you can find, he was excellent.

I should say that's a shopped version of the shirt - the original is this

KL0AFDN.jpg

Boo. I take it all back. The shopped one is 100x better

Also, Hardy/Orton from the Rumble is really fun with Orton constantly rolling to the outside, thinking he can avoid Jeff only for Hardy to fly out after him in increasingly nutty ways. 

According to a new report by The Wrestling Observer, it wasn't the Undertaker's decision to end his undefeated streak at Wrestlemania XXX this year. However, if he truly didn't want to end the streak, he could have fought the decision and stopped it. It was Vince McMahon who made the call to have Brock Lesnar win. The original plan was for Undertaker to get the win. A few days before the show, McMahon changed his mind, likely having seen the Undertaker's physical condition and thinking that it could be his last match. Vince decided that if the streak was going to end, it was now or never. There are mixed reports on Taker's reaction to the decision, one source claims he had to be talked into the decision while another said he didn't argue at all.