DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Ladue High School?  Ritzy!

Bray got to the bored rich kids and played on their nihilistic ennui.

Note: If I was one of these kids, I would already have an IMDB page set up for myself.

Monday Night RAW (tv series).........1993-2014

"He's Got the Whole World" (2014).......child cultist

• Like 5

That high school spoiling it and tweeting ahead of the show so they could hopefully get a retweet from Hugh Jackman was bullshit though.

those kids don't respect the business, back when they had wrestling at the chase, the children cultists kept kayfabe

• Like 10

well "what high school did you go to?" is apparently a common question in STL.

But a Twitter follow of mine at the Smackdown tapings (who is unfamiliar with the WWE) just asked if Kane was the Revolting Blob from Billy Madison

O'Doyle Rules!

Best I can do to tie my old high school rival into a pro wrestling discussion (Bear in mind I was part of a graduating class of rough 120 students, and am from an actual village, not town.)

Our closest rival geographically (and generally most hated) is Clare.  Slightly bigger town, slightly richer (although richer is a relative term here, it's a pretty poor rural area.)  One kid who graduated from Clare high school is Glenn Douglas Packard, Brooke Hogan's roommate on Brooke Knows Best, and her official GBF.

That high school spoiling it and tweeting ahead of the show so they could hopefully get a retweet from Hugh Jackman was bullshit though.

those kids don't respect the business, back when they had wrestling at the chase, the children cultists kept kayfabe

Bet they didn't even shake hands and introduce themselves backstage.

the closest I can tie my local area into a pro wrestling discussion is to note that there's a somewhat sizable Samoan population here (2/5ths of the 1500 Samoans living in Missouri live in my home town [partially thanks to the LDS influence in Samoa and my town having some significance with the LDS?], and 2/3rds of Missouri Samoans live in Jackson County). So there was one friend who claimed that one of the Samoan friends in the neighborhood hung out with the Rock when he was in town. And there was a middle school assembly in 2000 involving a Haka, which transitioned into doing the Rock's turnbuckle pose and people chanted "Rocky".

But from what I can tell, none of the Samoans around here wound up as pro wrestlers, but they provided a defensive backbone for local HS football teams. So there's that.