DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

You know, I like the idea of Bryan/Shield vs. Kane/Evolution, but I think we can make it just a bit better by saying "Fuck you, Orton and Batista"

Triple H, Kane, and the Wyatt Family vs. Daniel Bryan, The Shield, and John Cena.  Give 'em an hour.  MOTD.

• Like 1

I think War Games would be an excellent time for Steph to get physical and eat a #BrieMode missile dropkick tbh

I think that has been my problem with Steph's involvement since last year: she's been so goddamn untouchable while shitting on everyone but her husband. Heck, I don't even think someone has tried to reach out for her.

There's no way they DON'T try to get at least one match out of Sting.

He may wrestle someone at some point, but they're not going to pair him with The Shield in the middle of what is an obvious build to Reigns' ascension as their next golden goose like some are fantasy booking. Forget totally re-living WCW's glory days by doing it in a reborn War Games and pitting him against Flair (who they retired six years ago for good, as far as they're clearly concerned, whether Ric himself liked it or not).

As both Meltzer and Keller have said multiple times, they just don't value Sting all that much. Especially not in 2014.

You'd think with all the talent on the roster now and their affinity for long matches, KOTR would be a natural fit in modern WWE. 

What do long matches have to do with KOTR?

The early rounds on Raw and SD would give them an actual reason to give two random midcarders a 15 minute match. 

Bray Wyatt and John Wilkes Booth vs. Daniel Bryan and Abe Lincoln.

Go old school man:

Sting and Benedict Arnold vs. William Regal and King George III

HE JUST TURNED ON STING! THIS IS THE WORST WEST POINT DEATH MATCH EVER, KING!

....nah, fuck it, I want to see Sting chase Benedict Arnold down the Hudson.

You'd think with all the talent on the roster now and their affinity for long matches, KOTR would be a natural fit in modern WWE.

What do long matches have to do with KOTR?

The early rounds on Raw and SD would give them an actual reason to give two random midcarders a 15 minute match.

Don't we see tons of 10 to 15 minute matches between random midcarders every week?

Don't we see tons of 10 to 15 minute matches between random midcarders every week?

I think that's the point he was trying to make, instead of those matches being meaningless the KOTR would give them a reason to be happening. 

I've been thinking about it, and one of the reasons that always gets cited why WWE doesn't do a WarGames match is because they don't want to do a two-ring setup. Well, if you take into account that a WWE ring is 20x20, rather than WCW's 15x15, and that the Hell in the Cell cage also gives around 6-8 ft around the ring to fight, you could just do a Hell in the Cell match under WarGames rules and it wouldn't be much less room for 8 guys to operate...

WCW was 18x18 actually.  Most indy rings are 16 foot, and WCW I believe was a step up from that.

So if WCW was 18x18 and a step up from the indys, would it be safe to say TNA uses a 14x14 ring?

k55TP.gif

RE: The Hardyz vs Briscoes match that was mentioned a couple of pages back.  Yeah, I can't believe it's not ippv either.  Even moreso, I can't believe I get to FUCKING CALL THAT MATCH.  Huge honor and thrill for me.

• Like 5

You know, I like the idea of Bryan/Shield vs. Kane/Evolution, but I think we can make it just a bit better by saying "Fuck you, Orton and Batista"

Triple H, Kane, and the Wyatt Family vs. Daniel Bryan, The Shield, and John Cena.  Give 'em an hour.  MOTD.

The advertised dark match for Monday's St. Louis Raw is close to that:  Bryan/Cena/Shield vs. Orton/Batista/Wyatts.

For historical reference, the local ads originally had Batista/Cena/Bryan vs. Orton/Wyatt/Kane, then Cena/Bryan vs. Orton/Wyatt, and now the current one.

All the divas doing butt-naked split-leg moonsaults on m'cocknballz. No matter who gets pinned, I win. Fade to commercial, w/ fans chanting "You still got it, clap clap clap-clap-clap*."

*But not "THE clap;" these would be ROH fans not ECW fans.

RE: The Hardyz vs Briscoes match that was mentioned a couple of pages back.  Yeah, I can't believe it's not ippv either.  Even moreso, I can't believe I get to FUCKING CALL THAT MATCH.  Huge honor and thrill for me.

Can they put the match itself on youtube and charge 2.99 or something for it? Can anyone do that or just youtube partners or what not. I bet they'd get a decent amount of cash that way.

Can they put the match itself on youtube and charge 2.99 or something for it? Can anyone do that or just youtube partners or what not. I bet they'd get a decent amount of cash that way.

You probably wanna hit up Shane Helms regarding that.  Omega is drawing really well as far as live gate goes, and I imagine the DVD's are moving well, considering the talent and matches produced on the shows.  I have a blast working on them too.