DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Yeah, look, ok, I get why people might be hesitant about Sting wrestling or whatever, but WarGames is pretty damn timeless. is there nostalgia there? Sure, but it's also a damn fine idea on paper. Two teams enter a man at a time. One team has a man advantage. They hate each other. It ends in surrender. 

Yeah, look, ok, I get why people might be hesitant about Sting wrestling or whatever, but WarGames is pretty damn timeless. is there nostalgia there? Sure, but it's also a damn fine idea on paper. Two teams enter a man at a time. One team has a man advantage. They hate each other. It ends in surrender. 

hate? they put smiles on people's faces. no room for hate in 2014 WWE

NOH8

A Wargames of Evolution (Triple H, Orton, Batista and Flair) vs The Shield and Sting could move alot of fucking tickets and get some PPV buys. I know my dad and my mom for that matter (my parents would watch Crockett on Saturday nights together while they were dating)  would shell out the 50 bucks to see Flair and Sting go at it one more time in a Wargames match. I know its a match I would love to see.

Can we please make sure the HEEL team has the man advantage?

One tweak I would make to stop it from being a choice between predictably giving the heel team the man advantage or doing something stupid would be to mix it up within the match, so that the the team that gets the 2-1 advantage is not necessarily the same team that gets the 3-2 advantage.  Sure, in a 4-on-4 match, you still give the heels the 4-3 advantage, but you can mix up the dynamic a bit.  Heel who can go 60 minutes starts off against good worker face tag team guy and destroys him.  Tag team guy's partner comes in and we get some dazzling displays of double-team maneuvers.  Heel comes in to even the odds, then another heel comes in so we can see the heel numbers game.

A Wargames of Evolution (Triple H, Orton, Batista and Flair) vs The Shield and Sting could move alot of fucking tickets and get some PPV buys. I know my dad and my mom for that matter (my parents would watch Crockett on Saturday nights together while they were dating) would shell out the 50 bucks to see Flair and Sting go at it one more time in a Wargames match. I know its a match I would love to see.

Jesus. Does Flair have to die in the ring before you people will concede that he doesn't need to be in there?

• Like 7

A Wargames of Evolution (Triple H, Orton, Batista and Flair) vs The Shield and Sting could move alot of fucking tickets and get some PPV buys. I know my dad and my mom for that matter (my parents would watch Crockett on Saturday nights together while they were dating) would shell out the 50 bucks to see Flair and Sting go at it one more time in a Wargames match. I know its a match I would love to see.

Jesus. Does Flair have to die in the ring before you people will concede that he doesn't need to be in there?

Are you Flairs keeper? 

I don't think Sting, who still looks like an athletic middle aged guy, is going to be used in the ring. I hope to god they never use Flair in any physical capacity again. He is in rough shape physically and seems even worse off emotiionally.

Let alone in a War Games match. Yeesh.

I just hope we get some wacky vignettes of the Shield meeting Sting in the rafters.

The last time the WWE had a guy in the rafters, it didn't end so well.

Maybe instead we can get The Shield surfing w/ Sting.

I can see Sting asking The Shield to go surfing with him followed by Ambrose giving him one of his quizzical looks and saying "Charlie don't surf".

• Like 1

You know, I like the idea of Bryan/Shield vs. Kane/Evolution, but I think we can make it just a bit better by saying "Fuck you, Orton and Batista"

Triple H, Kane, and the Wyatt Family vs. Daniel Bryan, The Shield, and John Cena.  Give 'em an hour.  MOTD.

• Like 1

I think War Games would be an excellent time for Steph to get physical and eat a #BrieMode missile dropkick tbh

I think that has been my problem with Steph's involvement since last year: she's been so goddamn untouchable while shitting on everyone but her husband. Heck, I don't even think someone has tried to reach out for her.

There's no way they DON'T try to get at least one match out of Sting.

He may wrestle someone at some point, but they're not going to pair him with The Shield in the middle of what is an obvious build to Reigns' ascension as their next golden goose like some are fantasy booking. Forget totally re-living WCW's glory days by doing it in a reborn War Games and pitting him against Flair (who they retired six years ago for good, as far as they're clearly concerned, whether Ric himself liked it or not).

As both Meltzer and Keller have said multiple times, they just don't value Sting all that much. Especially not in 2014.