DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Posted this in the Raw thread but thought I should post it here as well.

Here is a draft of the script for this past week 's Raw http://m.imgur.com/a/u9Xj3

Some interesting notes on the roster pages. Punk is listed as injured, and Zeke Jackson apparently finally got let go.

Yeah, this happened last week.  They just didn't renew his contract.

So I was watching Summerslam 1990 and Brother Love brought Sgt. Slaughter out to cut a promo. Slaughter was just beginning his Anti-America schtick. It was kind of standard stuff, with him talking about how soft America was and the crowd seemed kind of disinterested. Then he said if War broke out in the Middle East our troops would get their butts kicked. Holy Shit. Boy would that not fly today.

My question to the masses - How did you view Slaughter's run as Iraqi Sympathizer then, and how do you view it in hindsight?

So I was watching Summerslam 1990 and Brother Love brought Sgt. Slaughter out to cut a promo. Slaughter was just beginning his Anti-America schtick. It was kind of standard stuff, with him talking about how soft America was and the crowd seemed kind of disinterested. Then he said if War broke out in the Middle East our troops would get their butts kicked. Holy Shit. Boy would that not fly today.

My question to the masses - How did you view Slaughter's run as Iraqi Sympathizer then, and how do you view it in hindsight?

It would have been better if Slaughter had burned an American flag as requested and not a Hulkamania t-shirt, but I am kind of obsessed with the idea of an anti-American heel burning a US flag.

Meltz is saying she's not hurt, she just wanted some time off.

Those two minute epics take their toll. :)

I hate to be that guy but is it really the girls' fault that they get such shitty in-ring time?

EDIT: Mike, maybe they're filming Jingle All the Way 2? Although, Santino is in that too.

I remember being furious as a kid because Slaughter was the highest ranking GI Joe toy that I owned. I even had him join Cobra while this was going on.

Looking back, I love this feud. What an awesome reinvention for Slaughter. He was a damn heat magnet, and you couldn't ask for a better opponent for ALL AMERICAN HOGAN than a guy who doesn't just hate America, but BETRAYED it. Slaughter was the fucking American Taliban.

This feud also produced my favorite pre nWo Hogan match: The MSG main event between Hogan and Slaughter that was fought under DESERT STORM RULES. Hogan storms out in full camo and just immediately throws shit in Slaughter's face, and then beats him bloody for like a full 10 minutes before Slaughter finds a comeback. 

Apparently Jesse Neal actually found somewhere worse than TNA to work:

Former war hero and TNA star Jesse Neal, who retired after multiple concussions and left TNA over deciding against being transferred to Louisville to train at OVW, is now working the night shift at a Wal-Mart in Orlando.

As for the Marine 4, I can't help but wonder if putting Miz in a movie with American Maryse and scripting them to make out passionately isn't the best idea.

WHY DO WWE HATE MARRIAGE?

I remember Jesse mentioning that he got most of his concussions (like 8 or 9) working with Bubba in his early TNA stint. Bubba was apparently teaching him about the business.

Which, you know, Jesse can't be in full-time anymore because of all the concussions Bubba gave him.

Bubba's logic is perplexing.

• Like 2