DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

London's UK tour has seen a lot of ridiculous things on it, not just the bollocks incident in ICW. He was booked in a rumble match over the weekend, and took 40 mins to get to the ring. This included leaving the venue, in a bright orange jumpsuit, and buying some sweets from a shop over the road. When he finally got in, he posed on the middle rope and got eliminated immediately.

• Like 2

It's like when people do dates dd/mm/yy, instead of mm/dd/yy, w/o warning, so that today - 01/04/14 - would make me, a hypothetical future historian, looking to January 4th for some shit.

The argument for dd/mm/yy is a mathematical one, going from smallest to largest measures in sequence. The argument for mm/dd/yy is that it's the most common way of saying the date in American English, April first, two thousand and fourteen.

This is why we need to convert to Stardate.

Might be late, but may or may not exactly tie into the early "when does Paige get called up" question from before: Did anyone else notice that on Raw, Cole had said "the title will be on the line in a fifteen-Diva Invitational" (and said "Fifteen" twice), while also saying "AJ will defend the Divas' title against 13 other Divas"? Once could have been a slip-up, but twice: Did Cole inadvertantly spoil that there's going to be a mystery 15th Diva in the match?

Might be late, but may or may not exactly tie into the early "when does Paige get called up" question from before: Did anyone else notice that on Raw, Cole had said "the title will be on the line in a fifteen-Diva Invitational" (and said "Fifteen" twice), while also saying "AJ will defend the Divas' title against 13 other Divas"? Once could have been a slip-up, but twice: Did Cole inadvertantly spoil that there's going to be a mystery 15th Diva in the match?

Maybe they're counting Tamina as two diva's.

This match is confusing. So is it going to be AJ in one corner and everyone else in the other and they all can tag in and out? I can't imagine they would dedicate the time needed to run a guantlet match...for the diva's anyway.

Maybe they're counting Tamina as two diva's.

This match is confusing. So is it going to be AJ in one corner and everyone else in the other and they all can tag in and out? I can't imagine they would dedicate the time needed to run a guantlet match...for the diva's anyway.

I'm assuming it is going to be a Fatal Fourteen-way, until told otherwise.

Lita?

I could see Tamina winning this thing and then on Raw the next night AJ is all "OK cool, thanks for helping last night. So.... gimme the belt back now" expecting Tamina to lay down ala HHH v HBK - Euro Title or 'Finger poke of doom' but instead Tamina just super kicks her in the face and walks away.

Diva 1 pins Diva 2 and AJ goes insane because *she* didn't lose the title.

Nikki pins Brie?  If the agents put any kind of thought into the match, the other divas would be trying to keep those two out of the ring at the same time to minimize shenanigans.

Lita?

I could see Tamina winning this thing and then on Raw the next night AJ is all "OK cool, thanks for helping last night. So.... gimme the belt back now" expecting Tamina to lay down ala HHH v HBK - Euro Title or 'Finger poke of doom' but instead Tamina just super kicks her in the face and walks away.

Michelle Beadle.

• Like 1

yIoiz35h.jpg

I haven't looked, but I'm going to bet the main argument of the Anarchism page is about the fact that anarcho-capitalism isn't actually anarchism.

I'm also really confused what can be so controversial about either Gremio, a Brazilian soccer club, & the WWE personnel page

The WWE page gets edited whenever somebody gets fired, hired, wins a title, loses a title etc. That's the only reason probably.

They're not tracking changes, they're tracking reversions where someone made a change and someone else came along and undid the change by restoring to a previous version of the page.

The WWE personnel page seems to have edit wars based around real names and who counts as active/developmental/etc.

Some of the "controversial" pages are those where someone tries to assert ownership of an article and tries to control all changes.  Other pages are those which are common targets for vandalism.

Has anyone heard of Kay Lee Ray?  She's a UK women's wrestler that clueless local indy promoter booked for their weekly show this week, and I was wondering if she was worth missing the "midnight" (actually 8pm) showing of Winter Soldier for.