DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

So apparently Low Ki has retired from retirement and will work for DGUSA at the Wrestlemania weekened.

Or he's doing Gabe a soild since DG fucked up the Visa issues and no one from DG can legally enter the US and now Gabe has to fill a show with a quarter of his roster.

If you believe Gabe that is.

Low Ki doing Gabe a favor? I doubt it. He's also been announced for another Indy promotion in June.

Gabe also managed to get Chris Daniels & Kazarian somehow for a match that will neither be shown on the PPV nor the DVD.

I realized the ridiculousness of "Low Ki doing anyone a favor" after I posted.  Figured I'd leave it up to be mocked as it deserves.

Madril's a good choice.  I believe Jerry Brown wants no part of the business either (if you've read Bill Watts's book, allegedly Brown was the unnamed wrestler Watts threatened with a gun).

Having said that, there's a difference between retiring from the ring and retiring from the business.

I really miss Punk. I listen to his music every day in hopes that he'll run out from my glovebox and declare it clobbering time. Shield and Wyatts are too white meat and bland for proper trolling.

You're like Batman without his rogue's gallery.

I really think whenever Vince gets WrestleMania to Cowboys Stadium, that will be his swan song. 100,000+ for WrestleMania has to be the last thing on his list.

Would running Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania fill that stadium? I'm not sure what else they could roll out, although an Austin return would help.

I was out to dinner with my girlfriends cousin and somehow we started talking about WrestleMania coming up and he just casually dropped that we was in the third row at WrestleMania 3. 

Apparently, according to my girlfriend, I completely freaked out and pelted him with questions about it for the next 20 minutes and it was the most talkative she had ever seen me.  I tried explaining to her why it was such a big deal on the car ride home, but my main argument was "It was the greatest match EVER!  And he was in the THIRD ROW!" but I was still so flabbergasted by it that's all I could come up with.  It's still all a blur, honestly.

I really miss Punk. I listen to his music every day in hopes that he'll run out from my glovebox and declare it clobbering time. Shield and Wyatts are too white meat and bland for proper trolling.

We're pulling for ya, buddy. Watching you troll on Shield is kind of like watching Mick Foley wrestle in TNA: Sad to watch, and doing more harm to your legacy than good.

• Like 1

AJ and Punk engaged according to Meltzer on last night's show.

I just want to see HHH engage in retributive booking because he hates Punk, like sticking AJ in some sort of relationship angle with multiple guys who she has to make out with on TV.

Actually, I want him to commission an updated version of Rock n Wrestling with the current roster for the sole purpose of having Cena and friends go out to eat waffles that are cooked by a tatted up guy who resembles CM Punk.

I just want to see HHH engage in retributive booking because he hates Punk, like sticking AJ in some sort of relationship angle with multiple guys who she has to make out with on TV.

Someone forgot #AJAll

Actually, I want him to commission an updated version of Rock n Wrestling with the current roster for the sole purpose of having Cena and friends go out to eat waffles that are cooked by a tatted up guy who resembles CM Punk.

Corey Graves is right there.

We're pulling for ya, buddy. Watching you troll on Shield is kind of like watching Mick Foley wrestle in TNA: Sad to watch, and doing more harm to your legacy than good.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Not Foley!

You could choose any number of other wrestlers who have tarnished their legacy by going to TNA. You could think of yourself like Flair or Booker T or Kevin Nash or Hogan or most people who have wrestled for TNA other than some guys like AJ Styles, Abyss, Storm and Roode who made their names there.

He was awesome on the mic but I always felt he looked out of place when he actually wrestled, maybe because he was gigantic compared to everyone else. But his stuff with Shelley was top notch as was most of his other time talking. Nash should host a Tonight Show type-talk show on the WWE Network.

• Like 2

He was awesome on the mic but I always felt he looked out of place when he actually wrestled, maybe because he was gigantic compared to everyone else. But his stuff with Shelley was top notch as was most of his other time talking. Nash should host a Tonight Show type-talk show on the WWE Network.

The problem with Kevin Nash though is that he's always out to put himself over in some capacity. He wouldn't be a good commentator or even host of a show because he would somehow manage to make it about himself. Very entertaining guy but he works best in a Paparazzi Production style gimmick where he's working with a young talent and that young talent benefits because Nash is entertaining. Nash as a host though? Every interview would be around him.

Nash and Ryder might be able to do great things as a comedy duo.