DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-31-14 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

If my girlfriend were to wrestle in her engagement ring we'd need to have a chat.

Then again if that is an engagement ring Punk is apparently a cheap motherfucker.

Maybe he blew all his money buying back issues of The Walking Dead.

I had heard about the HHH video last night and thought it was an amazing idea, but when I saw it this morning, I hadn't realized that it was Steph doing the voice over, which makes it a thousand times better.

It was just a classic montage that really sells his match with Bryan. Very well done. Trips and Steph were on point all night.

Interesting how over The Shield are as a group, but when you get them in singles matches the crowd couldn't care less.

I think that is because Roman Reigns really isn't any good. Let's face it, he is the Shield ' version of Virgil.

This is either a poor attempt at trolling or you are very obtuse. Reigns is excellent in the ring, bright and articulate, cuts a good promo and the dude is only 28. I can't think of ANYONE I've seen in 40+ years of watching who has more potential to be THE MAN.  Trust me on this, the rest of the decade belongs to Roman Reigns.

I don't think it is obtuse at all.   I just don't buy into Roman.  I could be wrong, but I don't see him as the next John Cena, Rock, Hogan, or even Randy Orton.  I think he is great in 6 man tags with other talented workers, but let's be honest...he is not all that good in the ring.  His promos are just okay.  I can't see him carrying the WWE on his back.  Maybe he is the future, but in the present he has a ton of work to do.  Maybe I don't have 40+ years of watching under my belt, but I've been watching faithfully since WrestleMania IV, and I have seen lots of guys with as much or more potential than Roman Reigns.  That's just like my opinion man.  

I think they have done a great job of establishing the Shield as individuals in a way so that when the eventual break up happens, everyone will be good. Reigns has to be pushed as the muscle, the one dude in the group who is the enforcer. Rollins had the most potential to get lost in the shuffle post Shield, but they have done a great job building him up as a daredevil who doesn't just do flippy moves because they are pretty, but he does them to mess your shit up. Ambrose has the personality and promo skills already so he will be fine. 

To be honest, I spent a lot of this show listening to Summer Rae's new theme on a continuous loop. Seriously, that song is the shit.

I love this because when combined with your avatar, I imagine you listen to nothing but Immortal and Summer Rae's new theme song. 

I love that the crowd collectively forgot they were too cool to cheer for Cena after he materialized and unmasked. That was so beautifully shot.

• Like 3

My wife, who is a bit of a pinko-commie-lefty-women's-libber-feminist wanted one of the Rhodes Boys to throw Fandango into Summer Rae.  I told her they don't do man-on-woman violence anymore and she said "oh, well that sucks."

I love wrestling.

• Like 2

Everyone is sleeping on the Big E/ADR match, it was pretty solid. You could tell they were working real hard to get the crowd back into it to no avail. When ADR is a vicious bastard he comes off pretty well and the smile on his face after he won was perfect.

• Like 3

Kudos to Big Dave for his wardrobe tonight. I love the cap and Patrick Ewing Georgetown jersey.

Meltzer saying Dave wore a georgetown shirt to get a babyface reaction means he doesnt understand how DC fandom works. :)

Like sending a face out in a United kit when they are in Manchester.

I really liked the crazy tag match last night. A lot of fun flying. I missed a decent amount of the show and need to play catchup.

Cena in the sheep mask was so friggin' boss, and his promo afterwards was so great.

That end segment was so great. The whole YES! Movement has been built around denying the audience of Bryan getting his big moments since the start. When he turned on Bray, he got one of the greatest pops of the decade -- all because the crowd went about two weeks without being able to do the chant. He got a great moment with the OCCUPY RAW because HHH kept on denying him the opportunity at a WrestleMania match. And he got a crazy reaction last night for getting some back on HHH after sitting out due to his injury for a few weeks and until the very end of the show.

Now the big payoff is for the title. Daniel's been denied it since SummerSlam.

No matter how they got there, they got there. Awesome ride.

With the way this has been built, I just can't see how the WM main isn't a four-way. 

I think we might get the 4-way anyway. They don't need a decisive finish to the HHH-Bryan mach as long as Bryan gets the belt at the end of the night. HHH vs Bryan isn't even no-DQ is it? I see Bryan going over via DQ and HHH deciding that he's in the tite match anyway.

With the way this has been built, I just can't see how the WM main isn't a four-way. 

I think we might get the 4-way anyway. They don't need a decisive finish to the HHH-Bryan mach as long as Bryan gets the belt at the end of the night. HHH vs Bryan isn't even no-DQ is it? I see Bryan going over via DQ and HHH deciding that he's in the tite match anyway.

I could see HHH introducing Mr Sledgehammer into the match and getting DQ'd, only to force the ref into doing a restart because the match needs a decisive winner... then turns around and immediately eats the Busaiku. Ref makes the count and shrugs afterwards. "You wanted a clean winner!"

Yeah, the story makes more sense if Bryan wins the first match in some scrappy underdog fashion and then wins the three way so then HHH can be all like "Okay, you won the title but your win was over me was a fluke so your first title defense is against ME!"

Then we have HHH-Bryan for the title and BFD-Orton in a #1 contenders match at the next ppv. With I guess the long term plan being to build toward Lesnar-Bryan at SummersSlam.

• Like 1

I still think Daniel Bryan will win both matches clean.

They had to give Triple H some credibility to put doubt into people's mind, because absolutely nooone thought Triple H had a chance of winning against Bryan until Triple H changed the stipulation to include himself in the title match.

Interesting how over The Shield are as a group, but when you get them in singles matches the crowd couldn't care less.

I think that is because Roman Reigns really isn't any good. Let's face it, he is the Shield ' version of Virgil.

This is either a poor attempt at trolling or you are very obtuse. Reigns is excellent in the ring, bright and articulate, cuts a good promo and the dude is only 28. I can't think of ANYONE I've seen in 40+ years of watching who has more potential to be THE MAN.  Trust me on this, the rest of the decade belongs to Roman Reigns.

I don't think it is obtuse at all.   I just don't buy into Roman.  I could be wrong, but I don't see him as the next John Cena, Rock, Hogan, or even Randy Orton.  I think he is great in 6 man tags with other talented workers, but let's be honest...he is not all that good in the ring.  His promos are just okay.  I can't see him carrying the WWE on his back.  Maybe he is the future, but in the present he has a ton of work to do.  Maybe I don't have 40+ years of watching under my belt, but I've been watching faithfully since WrestleMania IV, and I have seen lots of guys with as much or more potential than Roman Reigns.  That's just like my opinion man.  

Okay, it was rude of me to say "obtuse", my apologies. "Not that good in the ring". Okay, he's not Jushin Liger, but he's not supposed to be, either. In the Shield, you have Rollins for da MOVEZ. In singles matches he's perfectly fine as a power wrestler. Actually, he's better than that, as the guy is pretty limber and can pull out moves that you would expect from someone 50 lbs. lighter. As for promos, he's a nice throwback to the 1980s. He gets his points across, and makes you believe that he's going to destroy whoever he's matched against. No, he's not Bray Wyatt, but Bray is already in that rarefied strata with guys like Jake, Cornette, Heenan, and Flair. I'm not advocating giving him the strap today, but look how far the guy has come in just four years, he's way ahead of where the Rock was at four years in the business. Give the dude a catchphrase that the sheep can chant and he'll be the next big thing. The neat deal is that barring serious injury, he could be THE MAN for the next decade or more. Think about it, in ten years he'll only be 38 and we live in an era where power wrestlers are easily able to go until their fifties without losing much.

No, he's not Bray Wyatt, but Bray is already in that rarefied strata with guys like Jake, Cornette, Heenan, and Flair.

Not sure this isn't a touch of hyperbole, but it reminds me of a comparison a friend made to me the other day.

Bray on the mic = Mike Trout. If he's not the best guy out there today, (and you can make a damn good case that he is,) he's sure the hell in the upper echelon, and there's every possibility he could get even better.

• Like 2

Okay, it was rude of me to say "obtuse", my apologies. "Not that good in the ring". Okay, he's not Jushin Liger, but he's not supposed to be, either. In the Shield, you have Rollins for da MOVEZ. In singles matches he's perfectly fine as a power wrestler. Actually, he's better than that, as the guy is pretty limber and can pull out moves that you would expect from someone 50 lbs. lighter. As for promos, he's a nice throwback to the 1980s. He gets his points across, and makes you believe that he's going to destroy whoever he's matched against. No, he's not Bray Wyatt, but Bray is already in that rarefied strata with guys like Jake, Cornette, Heenan, and Flair. I'm not advocating giving him the strap today, but look how far the guy has come in just four years, he's way ahead of where the Rock was at four years in the business. Give the dude a catchphrase that the sheep can chant and he'll be the next big thing. The neat deal is that barring serious injury, he could be THE MAN for the next decade or more. Think about it, in ten years he'll only be 38 and we live in an era where power wrestlers are easily able to go until their fifties without losing much.

I agree on many points, and can admit that it may have been unfair to compare him to Virgil.  I think Reigns can be a star, but I don't see him as can't miss just yet.

That  might have been my favorite Cena promo he's ever done. Short, to the point, and fucking bad ass.

Agreed. For me that was the John Cena everyone thought they were seeing when he was wearing a chain and 'rapping' and I didn't get what everyone was digging.