DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-31-14 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

HHH and Steph really killed it on the show tonight. That Steph-narrated video package was quality heel work, HHH is the king of guest commentary, and the way he sold during Bryan's sneak attack was perfect. Bryan was great as usual with all his fire, and the end segment just looked great on tv. It's amazing how much of an afterthought Dave and Randy are for Mania.

Nothing else too notable on this show. Del Rio kind of doing the Warrior's Way was neat, AJ took a nice bump off the Rear View, and I'm kind of sad to see the tag titles get bumped to the "pre-show" although with the network, my concept of pre and main show is probably obsolete. It will probably get a lot more time this way too. 

This was probably Roddy's least embarassing appearance in years.

I loved Roddy getting more pissed with each person that came out. REALLY? REAAALLLLLY???

I like how Daniel Bryan apparently snuck into the building in all his gear. That aside, man that beat down was glorious. It's a shame Triple H didn't do a tribute to Ric Flair and let Bryan rip his suit to pieces like Magnum and Steamboat did.

This was probably Roddy's least embarassing appearance in years.

I loved Roddy getting more pissed with each person that came out. REALLY? REAAALLLLLY???

I like how Daniel Bryan apparently snuck into the building in all his gear. That aside, man that beat down was glorious. It's a shame Triple H didn't do a tribute to Ric Flair and let Bryan rip his suit to pieces like Magnum and Steamboat did.

Probably best not to chance giving people too many flashbacks to the HHH/Steiner feud in one night.

My favorite part about RAW lately is how so many people genuinely look to be having fun when they're out there. Steph, Triple H, The Shield, Bryan, Batista & Orton are all doing great stuff, funny stuff. They keep smiling at each other & breaking character. It's awesome. Even Zack Ryder had the goofiest grin on his face when running to the ring tonight during the Piper's Pit segment.

Triple H was fantastic all night for sure, loved the bumping for the ending beatdown. Cena's promo was also great, really liked that one and added to the importance of his match. Alberto/Big E was a pretty good match. Disappointed there was no Hulkster tonight.. was hoping he'd show up on Piper's Pit when that was announced since Piper's been doing all these interviews about how he wanted he and Hogan out there together at WM. I guess the main PPV card is just going to be 7 matches with the tag on the preshow now. And yeah Bryan's post show promo was great stuff, one of his best and he came off like a star.

Interesting how over The Shield are as a group, but when you get them in singles matches the crowd couldn't care less.

I think that is because Roman Reigns really isn't any good. Let's face it, he is the Shield ' version of Virgil.

If you want to get a reaction, you should say that if the Shield was like the WCW version of the Stud Stable, Dean Ambrose is Bunkhouse Buck, Seth Rollins is Arn Anderson, and Roman Reigns is Kurasawa.

• Like 1

Has anyone mentioned the modified shirt that Lesnar has worn for the last two Raws?

Could it be some potential fun if they could get several of those guys in the HHH burial video to show up at Wrestlemania?  I want to see a pre-show roundtable in which Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Booker T, RVD, and Scott Steiner are asked their opinions about Bryan vs HHH and they all basically get to cut some shoot-y sounding "fuck HHH" promos.

• Like 3

Has anyone mentioned the modified shirt that Lesnar has worn for the last two Raws?

Could it be some potential fun if they could get several of those guys in the HHH burial video to show up at Wrestlemania?  I want to see a pre-show roundtable in which Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Booker T, RVD, and Scott Steiner are asked their opinions about Bryan vs HHH and they all basically get to cut some shoot-y sounding "fuck HHH" promos.

Any idea that gets Steiner on TV is a good one. 

• Like 1

Cena got a fucking loud pop when he unmasked.

And good fucking god did that mostly dead crowd come alive for D-Bry.  And Hunter sold that ass-whipping like a champ.  I loved when he got a couple punches in, and it looked like he might fight back, and then Bryan just annihilated him some more instead.

• Like 2

With BPP I don't think it would be shoot-y sounding fuck HHH promos, I'm pretty sure he'd just straight out say fuck HHH.

Summer, and to a greater extent, Sasha, sometimes comes off as playing a heel instead of being one. The hand motions and things are just way over the top. It kind of worked with Laycool since they were like something out of a cartoon, like Skeletor, but I think I Summer is more effective when she's not trying to ham it up so much.

Don't know if there's a connection but a commercial for the UFC app deal focusing on Lesnar matched ran three times during Raw tonight. Could be nothing or could be part of a deal to use some UFC footage at Mania,

That's just UFC buying ad time to hype up Fight Pass.

That HHH video may top the McMahon's Utopia video. That was really awesome. This is their best heel work in years.

Goddamn you Cena. Every time I want to watch you lose, you cut a promo like that where you cut the bullshit and talk about fucking a motherfucker up. Bray's promo was also damn good.

For the love of Christ, give Titus a push already.

The Shield's backstage promo was really good as well. I love that even as faces, they aren't WWE's typical smiling babyfaces. And the new symbol of excellence!!! What was really surprising to me is how over Reigns is in the group. He's still going to be the guy to get a singles run, but at this point, I think it should be Rollins.

And I'm ready for Daniel Bryan's reign as champ. Sunday can't get here soon enough!

Interesting how over The Shield are as a group, but when you get them in singles matches the crowd couldn't care less.

Nonsense. Roman Reigns is over like a mofo and so is Rollins when in front of a smart crowd. It's kind of ironic that the one guy everyone predicted great things for (Dean Ambrose) has faded to third in a field of a three.

• Like 1

I think that is because Roman Reigns really isn't any good. Let's face it, he is the Shield ' version of Virgil.

This is either a poor attempt at trolling or you are very obtuse. Reigns is excellent in the ring, bright and articulate, cuts a good promo and the dude is only 28. I can't think of ANYONE I've seen in 40+ years of watching who has more potential to be THE MAN.  Trust me on this, the rest of the decade belongs to Roman Reigns.

• Like 1