DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-31-14 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

Don't know if there's a connection but a commercial for the UFC app deal focusing on Lesnar matched ran three times during Raw tonight. Could be nothing or could be part of a deal to use some UFC footage at Mania,

They're so committed to The Undertaker being a zombie sorcerer at this point, I'm not sure they could bring up the UFC thing and find a way to make it fit.

Bryan's great promo on the post-show needed to be on Raw (or even SD) in some capacity.

I'm just shocked Brock got a shot in. Until tonight, DDP had better luck against Taker than Brock was

Until tonight you could have had Yoshi Tatsu or Santino in Brock's role and the feud would have played exactly the same.

I'm just shocked Brock got a shot in. Until tonight, DDP had better luck against Taker than Brock was

It was entirely predictable that Brock would leave Taker laying and that Daniel Bryan would do a run-in on the main event.  If you didn't see those two things coming, you must have also been shocked every single time Ric Flair turned on someone.

• Like 1

If the Bryan promo on The Network didn't sell you on Mania, nothing will. Bryan's promo was the sprinkles on an already delicious sundae.

Someone must have it out for the Divas. 14 person single pinfall match at WrestleMania? If this was TNA people would have a heart-attack, but in WWE? Well, its quitely sweep under-the-rug and ignored completely. I can't wait to see this car-wreck of a match at Mania.

So for a match that he's guaranteed to win, Taker stabs, chokeslams through a table, performs zombieshit, and nearly gives Brock a concussion while tossing his ass out of the ring, while Brock gets to... F5 Taker. TAKE MY MONEY NOW PLZ.

So for a match that he's guaranteed to win, Taker stabs, chokeslams through a table, performs zombieshit, and nearly gives Brock a concussion while tossing his ass out of the ring, while Brock gets to... F5 Taker. TAKE MY MONEY NOW PLZ.

Hey come on... Brock also got a clothesline in there

Being overlooked by the awesome HHH video (which again, didn't feature enough TNA main eventers or other "undeservings") was the Fandango reference. He's so troll he's acknowledging the shittiness of his own creative team from less than 12 months ago. THAT'S meta.

Pretty awful show outside of the Trips package, Cena and the Bryan run in. Started at 8:30 CST and was caught up live by 9:30, which hasn't happened in well over a month.

Reigns is awful as "the hoss." He's way too beach muscly to be doing shit like overpowering Kane's grip. Crowd doesn't buy it, either. He works best as more of a powerful athlete.

• Like 1

Three things about the Shield as a non-avid, shit my pants each time they come on person. Bare in mind this is my first Raw in ages because of vacation time:

1)They are still doing that cringe worthy indy, dark background stare at the camera promos?

2) Kinda awkward to hear silence as King names each member individually in that promo... Maybe it was the town.

3) Finally, I don't want to live in a world in which the 'hoss' of a group gets dwarfed by Kane but gets built as being a big man. And everyone knows Kane is the shortest 7 ft wrestler on the roster.

It was partly the town, crowd was dead the majority of the night.

One thing I adored about the Cena bit was his one second stare at the hard cam after he took the mask off. So perfect!

Just getting home from the show, and it was one of the most fun live events I've ever been a part of.  The only two I think I would rank higher are GSP vs. Serra in Montreal, and Couture vs. Sylvia in Columbus.  Here are some random observations...

• John Cena, despite what anyone says is incredibly over.  The pop for Cena was insanely loud and he is probably the only person other than Bryan that everyone in the building cared about.  His promo was really good too.
  • Bray Wyatt is probably the best fit in his gimmick as anyone on the entire roster.  When he came on the titantron for his promo everyone stopped and paid attention to what he had to say.  I was sitting around a few young kids who were very vocal, and they even stopped to listen.  He had the entire audience in his hand as soon as he opened his mouth.
  • Rosa Mendes has a mean walk, why is she not on TV every week?
  • Summer Rae has the kind of heat with women that Summer Rae should have with women.  When  she came to the ring you could see every woman look at her man with the, "you would think she was attractive" face.
  • The Shield's biggest pop happened during the commercial break as they were walking backstage.
  • Billy Gun is just as tall as Kane, and is the all-time champ of guys who are much bigger than you thought they were on TV.
  • Titus O'Neil is as physically imposing as anyone on the roster. He reminded me of the Charles Barkley story of the first time he seen Shaq.  He said he was used to seeing humongous people while playing in the NBA, but the first time he seen Shaq he just thought to himself, "DAMN, THAT IS A BIG DUDE."  Titus O'Neil is a BIG FUCKING DUDE.
  • I'm going to have to have a conversation with my mom about never taking me to wrestling as a child, there were quite a few kids around me and every single one of them seemed to be having the time of their life.  I'm not the sentimental sort, but it was awesome seeing kids who cared about wrestling as much as I did as a kid. 
  • The Yes Movement is incredible live, I don't know how much they showed before they cut away, but the entire crowd was cheering yes for a long ass time.  He eventually went out into the crowd to get a sign that said, "The Yes Era" and it started all over again. 
  • The crowd was a little uneven, I don't know if it was burnout, because we did see Main Event, Superstars, Smackdown, and Raw or if everyone was pissed after HHH and Stephanie said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be there.  It really seemed like the crowd went a little flat, at least in my section when they thought Bryan was still selling the injury. 
  • Like 3

When they had the impromptu battle royale, I had two thoughts.

-Titus wears some tiny, tiny trunks.  Like tinier than 'Flyin' Brian Pillman's bengal tights.

-Spent the whole time racking my brain trying to figure out who the other guy in the battle royale was, thought it was Chris Masters at one point, Tyson Kidd, and Jinder Mahal with his beard shaved off.  Then when he got to be part of the double-chokeslam I went "Oh, it's Zack Ryder!"  I honestly can't remember the last time I saw him.