DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-31-14 - WM Go-Home Show

MGFanJay

The Taker-Brock thing took forever and didn't make Brock look very strong. Then a bunch of nothing happened until HHH's glorious meta video package that made his match with Bryan more important and worked to bury a lot of wrestling tropes as well, which was a bit stupid. More nothing happened until the fantastic Cena reveal in the Wyatt getup. Piper's pit was God-awful. The main event was fun due to the commentary and Bryan beat-down. The lack of a finish sucked, but hey, you don't want anyone in the main event jobbing beforehand, so it makes some sense.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/03/raw-3-31-14.html

Screens -

dea67f318096497.jpg

99b0a9318096532.jpg

5565d5318096555.jpg

0213d0318103436.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0yhv16nlvbn7ec0as5ch0drlqa1tdnbd

To use DVDVR's new favorite expression: I hope HHH showed enough ass for everyone tonight.

Good grief did he bounce around like a superball for Bryan. If this HHH fought Jericho at Mania, Jericho would still be main eventing today.

BUT WHY IS BRYAN EMERGING VICTORIOUS RIGHT BEFORE THE PPV WHERE HE'S CLEARLY 100% NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS GUARANTEED WINNING THE TITLE????

I wish he had come out in a suit.

• Like 4

Mostly blah show. Triple H's masturbatory video package was glorious. Steph's "You ok, baby?" after Hunter getting the piss beat out of him was hilarious too.

Bryan putting in a fantastic performance not only at the end of Raw (with help from HHH's Hennig-esque bumping) but also promo-wise on the Backstage Pass show on the Network.

Ass over teakettle for the suicide dive. Over the barricade. Over the steel steps. Triple H with some awesome stooge bumping.

Also great was when Triple H's music hit for his entrance before the main event, the capture clearly got Batista saying "WHAT THE FUCK??"

"What some people call desperation, others call necessity" Bryan just sold me on the show.

Man that Lesnar/Taker opening segment couldn't have been more predictable; although Taker's matches these days are all about the match, what a lousy build-up.. really, why hasn't the altercation between them from that one UFC been mentioned? This is years in the making, make me care!!