DVDVR Message Board

Steam Summer Sale 2013..

It seems like Don't Starve hasn't had a decent sale anywhere. I'm in the same boat as you. 

I'm hoping the new Crusader Kings 2 DLC goes on sale at some point , otherwise I may sit this one out. July has too many weddings and birthdays for me to be dropping money on games that will sit in my backlog. 

Steam won't take my money for some reason. I was going to buy Hotline Miami and FTL because I like to support indie developers, now I don't know. Maybe I'll ask for a friend to gift me the games then pay him back. Whatever. I'm pissed. Steam support won't reply my ticket (they must have a ton during the sale though). Bah.

I would like Rogue Legacy to go on sale too but I don't expect it. 

I got Retro City Rampge last week so I'm pretty good to be honest. I might get Arkham City if it's down to $5 but I can't imagine myself picking up much else this time around.

Fez and FTL are taunting me currently. I want both, but we're still pretty early into the sale. Who know what else will pop up! This is my first Steam sale and I can see why people enjoy them. Heh.

Yeah, Ys Chronicles will run on basically any PC.  Well worth that price too; as much as the Turbo version pushes my nostalgia buttons and gives me warm squishy feelings, this is pretty much the definitive incarnation of the games.  (One day I will make it past the Ice Wall in II.)

Let's see.. day 3:

The Witcher 2 ($5)

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army ($5)

Age of Empires 2 HD ($10)

StarDrive ($10)

RPGMaker XV ($24)

RE6 ($20

BL2 ($10!)

M&M Heroes VI ($10)

Mars: War Logs ($19(

I've heard that Mars War Logs is close to the original Mass Effect... I already own it but haven't played it.. maybe AoE2 HD, or BL2 today...

I ended up buying Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition (already got this on GOG.com for free....and I buy it again just to have it on Steam? WOW), Ys I & II Chronicles, Toki Tori 2+, and Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.

I have my eye on a bunch of games including: Rogue Legacy, Gunpoint, Monaco, System Shock 2, Starseed Pilgrim, Cart Life, Anodyne, Evoland, Another World 20th Anniversary, Reus, The Whispered World, Primordia, FEZ, Stardrive, Precicipe of Darkness 4, Trials Evolution Gold Edition, The Swapper, and Mars: War Logs. Any and all gifting of these items would be great. If not, I totally understand.

Posted Image

Here's a little something to help you guys with your Summer Sale decision-making.  Can't really get any games myself, this shitty laptop can't handle them.  But maybe some day, I too can blow my life savings on enough games to last me five lifetimes...

I missed out on the sale with Fez.

I ended up buying Tomb Raider Collection for $17, Preicipice of Darkness 4 for $2.50, System Shock 2 for $2.50, and StarDrive for $10.16. I'm thinking of getting The Swapper but I may wait on that until the winter sale. I'm in no hurry to get it.