DVDVR Message Board

Summerslam 1991 Payoffs

tlk23

"Sorry Adnan, we're paying the Sheik $15K more than you tonight"

And I would guess the announcers are salaried instead of per-appearance. Purely because per appearance would complicate things. But salary means that they tape 4 weeks of TV in a night, then announce over it somewhere afterwards, then tape stuff for some shows, and so on. Seems easier to just pay them a salary instead of trying to figure out how much one gets paid for a taping of WWF Wrestling Challenge

Full payoff sheet can be viewed here:

http://imgur.com/a/HVO0C#0

There's not much difference, really.  The unaltered version just has the match rundown at the top of each page.

The original was filed as an exhibit in the Ultimate Warrior/WWE lawsuit(s). You can see the PDF that was in the case originally & the images at https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/summerslam1991

And yes, we (author Wooly & I) screwed up the definition of draw in the WhatCulture article. That was a major brainfart on our part we're pretty embarrassed by that. Unfortunately, once the article is published, we can't edit it. So, right now, it stays unchanged. Wooly even got an unsolicited DM on twitter from Colt Cabana explaining the correct definition of a draw which was amusing.

What's the correct definition?

Draw is just an advance against your future paycheck. Essentially, it's upfront money so you can pay road expenses. It's not additive to what you're paid. So, when Sherri made $5,000 w/ $200 draw, that meant she was paid the $200 now and so her future pay for the event would have only been $4,800. In the article (at least in the original version we posted), we treated it like Sherri would have made $5,200 which is bad voodoo wrestlenomics.

• Like 2

Are there other interesting things out there from lawsuits. Anything in Ventura's or the Charles Austin lawsuit or the WWF suing WCW over Hall and Nash having the WWF mannerisms (which I think would be most interesting) or the Raven independent contractor one? 

Are there other interesting things out there from lawsuits. Anything in Ventura's or the Charles Austin lawsuit or the WWF suing WCW over Hall and Nash having the WWF mannerisms (which I think would be most interesting) or the Raven independent contractor one?

I've put copies of Wrestler's booking contracts that were part of lawsuits/SEC filings on my website: https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/wwe_contracts

Includes Shane, Vince, Linda, Stephanie McMahon and Jim Ross along with Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Kanyon, Mike Sanders, Raven and Ultimate Warrior.

What's the correct definition?

Draw is just an advance against your future paycheck. Essentially, it's upfront money so you can pay road expenses. It's not additive to what you're paid. So, when Sherri made $5,000 w/ $200 draw, that meant she was paid the $200 now and so her future pay for the event would have only been $4,800. In the article (at least in the original version we posted), we treated it like Sherri would have made $5,200 which is bad voodoo wrestlenomics.

I'm assuming that math is also how the "Jimmy Hart made $10,000" line came in?  I stared at those images for way too damn long trying to figure out what was going on.