DVDVR Message Board

"Dull" is just about the strangest adjective to try to apply to this movie. I could see saying it looks like it might be terrible. awful, atrocious, cheesy, crappy, execrable, overwrought, ill conceived, preposterous, overdone, unintentionally hilarious, fatuous, asenine, puerile, laughable, imbecilic... "dull" is pretty much the one thing this doesn't look like it has any chance of being. 

"Dull" is just about the strangest adjective to try to apply to this movie. I could see saying it looks like it might be terrible. awful, atrocious, cheesy, crappy, execrable, overwrought, ill conceived, preposterous, overdone, unintentionally hilarious, fatuous, asenine, puerile, laughable, imbecilic... "dull" is pretty much the one thing this doesn't look like it has any chance of being. 

"Dull" isn't quite the right word. "Generic" maybe.

Honestly, it doesn't even look "so bad it's good." It just looks...bad.

We have a movie w/ The Rock, John Hurt, and Al COCKSUCKING Swearengen. How can this possibly suck? Oh yeah, Brett "Constantly Failing Up the Ladder of Success" Ratner.

We have a movie w/ The Rock, John Hurt, and Al COCKSUCKING Swearengen. How can this possibly suck? Oh yeah, Brett "Constantly Failing Up the Ladder of Success" Ratner.

Yeah, it looks rubbish and not at all in my wheelhouse, but my wife has a thing for The Rock and these kind of big budget junk movies, so I'll likely end up seeing it.

I'll content myself with enjoying The Rock, Ian McShane and John Hurt being hammy. And it looks like there's a little female eye candy too.

Rock needs to pull a McConaughey.

-Drop 100 or so pounds (or however much he can lose without risking killing himself).

-Sign on for a bunch of indie movies

-Do a slightly pretentious serial killer show for HBO where he plays a drug addled cop always harping on about his theory of the universe which will get all the attention of critics even though Hannibal is actually a lot better.

-Watch the Oscars and Emmys roll in as everyone (silently) agrees to forget about terrible movies like the Tooth Fairy and Doom.

-Show up on Raw and beat up Cena with his Oscar.   

Rock needs to pull a McConaughey.

-Drop 100 or so pounds (or however much he can lose without risking killing himself).

-Sign on for a bunch of indie movies

-Do a slightly pretentious serial killer show for HBO where he plays a drug addled cop always harping on about his theory of the universe which will get all the attention of critics even though Hannibal is actually a lot better.

-Watch the Oscars and Emmys roll in as everyone (silently) agrees to forget about terrible movies like the Tooth Fairy and Doom.

-Show up on Raw and beat up Cena with his Oscar.   

- Somehow invent a time machine, go to a college with a historic arts/communications department that produced literally dozens of award winners, and become a trained actor.

• Like 1