DVDVR Message Board

Dennis Farina Dead at 69

RIPPA

It's a shame. His performance in Get Shorty is one of my all time favorites.

"They say the fucking smog is the fucking reason you have such beautiful fucking sunsets" Pure poetry.

If MADCAP hadn't posted that then I would have!

His Midnight Run performance is great. Telling Philip Baker Hall to calm down and "make a fuckin sandwich" gets me everytime.

James

Guest The Magnificent 7

I watched Thief over the weekend again, his first movie.  Incidentally, the guy who played the main cop on James Caan's tail, John Santucci, (and who also was the consultant for the film) was arrested by Dennis Farina when he was a cop. 

Great actor.  Crime Story was 100% awesome.

He killed it on Law & Order. I know a lot of people didn't think he could fill Orbach's shoes and they were right and Dennis was right for not even trying. He did his own thing and I was sad that he left the show so soon after joining. He was great!

• Like 1

They just ran the Wildcat episode of JLU this weekend too.

He was pretty great in Midnight Run and Get Shorty.  I also remember him as one of the hitmen being annoyed by Gators fans in Big Trouble.

"Fuck you, fuckball" is one of the best delivered bits of profanity in movie history, and was an oft quoted line amongst me and a few friends growing up.

Really great character actor.