DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

I have resigned myself to the fact that Cena will be the exact same character with the same moveset 5-10 years from now with the same mixed reactions and the same "controversial/polarizing" quips from the broadcast team.

I have resigned myself to the fact that Cena will be the exact same character with the same moveset 5-10 years from now with the same mixed reactions and the same "controversial/polarizing" quips from the broadcast team.

Cena's already two or three major injuries in on his career (that we've seen/been told of).  If Cena's still on the active roster when Wrestlemania XL comes around, it will be an absolute miracle. 

the Cesaro Swing elimination doesn't have to actually be Cesaro throwing them over the top rope. Just launching them towards the ropes at the end of the swing and the guy oversells and goes over the top rope.

Ziggler could pull it off.

The Lesnar/UT build is weird to me. Not sure why Lesnar is stooging around for the entire feud, it's so out of character. At least when he was getting tossed by Show, it was portrayed as him getting caught off guard. Almost makes me think Taker might be getting DQ win amidst a savage beating from Lesnar at Mania... Or Lesnar won't be seen for a very long time after a clean loss.

It makes me think that Taker is going to be destroyed on Raw next week. Maybe they can run a segment that involves an announcement that the Undertaker will induct Paul Bearer into the WWE Hall of Fame, only for Lesnar to interrupt that.

the Cesaro Swing elimination doesn't have to actually be Cesaro throwing them over the top rope. Just launching them towards the ropes at the end of the swing and the guy oversells and goes over the top rope.

Ziggler could pull it off.

If he can't pull it off, does it bother anyone if he tries and fails spectacularly?

I'm still not sure how this giant swing over the top rope is supposed to work within the confines of Earth's gravitational pull. Do you guys hold out hope for a 1350 degree splash, too?

Easy, have him debut the UFO instead of the Swing, and spin the other guy out of the ring

• Like 1

The whole point of the Lesnar-UT thing from last night is the old standard that Taker's mind games are making Brock unsettled. Because in 2014 canon, much like the build to WM27 with Hunter, anything from the BikerTaker era never happened.

So yes, absolutely we're going to see Brock beat the shit out of Taker next week or sooner, screaming I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU in as weird-pitched a voice as possible, because it's Brock.  

• Like 1

John Cena is awesome and people know this. The guy gets crazy face reactions on the house shows so it leads me to believe that people boo him on TV because they're real fucking dumb and WWE have perpetuated this equally dumb "LIKE HIM OR NOT, HE GETS A REACTION" response because they were too lazy to think of anything else.

Not to discredit Cena in any way because he is unquestionably good, but Luke Harper has looked like a future champ every time he's gotten a sliver of opportunity in the ring. His part in the Wyatts vs. Bryan gauntlet, his role in the Shield tags, and some of his beastly sequences against the Usos in throwaway tag matches will attest to that.

• Like 1

Not to discredit Cena in any way because he is unquestionably good, but Luke Harper has looked like a future champ every time he's gotten a sliver of opportunity in the ring. His part in the Wyatts vs. Bryan gauntlet, his role in the Shield tags, and some of his beastly sequences against the Usos in throwaway tag matches will attest to that.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I'm really loving Cena's current run since Royal Rumble of working with the up and coming talent and getting the best out of them. Cena-Wyatt at Mania brings the promise of good things.

The whole point of the Lesnar-UT thing from last night is the old standard that Taker's mind games are making Brock unsettled. Because in 2014 canon, much like the build to WM27 with Hunter, anything from the BikerTaker era never happened.

So yes, absolutely we're going to see Brock beat the shit out of Taker next week or sooner, screaming I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU in as weird-pitched a voice as possible, because it's Brock.

LOL @ this rate come next Monday Taker will be asking "Where to, Rena?" While Brock is tied up on a cruci-, I mean, symbol. He will be tied up on a symbol.
  • Like 2