DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

I love that it also makes it visually look like they're crucifying John Cena.

This feud is SO friggin' great. I bet Cena wins at WrestleMania (and he should, since it's WrestleMania and they can let Bray get back later on), but I also bet we get another Top 10 MOTY.

This feud is SO friggin' great. I bet Cena wins at WrestleMania (and he should, since it's WrestleMania and they can let Bray get back later on), but I also bet we get another Top 10 MOTY.

I think Cena's going to be super motivated because this is the first time in forever he's not in a real top match.

I've thought they are building to Wyatt winning leading to Cena getting desperate: If they are convinced Bryan is about to become the face of the company, Bryan vs. finally turned heel Cena trying so damn hard to hold onto his top spot that he doesn't know what to do without is a fun Summerslam build to angle. Wyatt beating him would be the start to that.

I think Cena's going to be super motivated because this is the first time in forever he's not in a real top match.

It's also the first time in forever that he's getting a good opponent at Wrestlemania.

I feel like the Diva build should have been Tamina, not Naomi, beating AJ in a one-on-one match...but oh well, I doubt anyone cares anyway.

I didn't realize Arnold Schwarzenegger was so small.

Great show wrestling wise, again. I wasn't a big fan of the Undertaker/Brock stuff, it's just corny to me nowadays, but there were, I think, three different matches that were really good. Harper/Cena, IC Title Contender 4-way (although it started really sloppy) & Real Americans Vs. Shield was GREAT*.

Razor going into the hall is awesome. I popped.

I missed the Scooby-Doo stuff as I ran to Fazoli's to grab dinner. I don't feel like I missed anything. I got back during the end of the Triple H sit-down interview.

Big Show squashing Titus O'Neil was fine. I miss jobber squashes like that.

RAW is 3-hours which is hard to watch in one sitting. In an era of DVR & downloads & streaming services with fast-forward, I'm not sure how many people still do watch it in one sitting. If RAW tonight was just the above three mentioned matches*, the Triple H sit-down interview, The Brock/Taker end & Razor announcement, it would have been so much better. As it stands, it just feels bloated every week because there's a lot of filler.

How much will that four-man singles match divide the board?  It was like every guy that people get mad about other people being mad about other people being bored by.  And it ended up being pretty great.

Big E. was spectacular though.  All of his reactions watching the match were like a guy who had never been in a ring and didn't like what he was seeing.

"Oooh...What?"  

"I wouldn't like that to happen to me!"   

"No Thank you!"  

"This looks like a dangerous pastime!"  

"I'll be at the concession stand wrestling with some nachos rather than tangling with these people, thank you very much!"

Dolph was great again, not that it matters, and that Del Rio kick to the back of what used to be Christian's head was Gif-worthy...the fact that we could see him back there, like, winding up his leg while poor Christian was just sitting there waiting to die...

and all of that earn a match on main event?

I enjoyed the fatal four-way mainly because it sent a clear signal that WWE has finally given up on shoving Del Rio down our throats. I mean, it combined pretty much every single traditional WWE method of signifying that creative has nothing for someone:

-Being put in a fatal four-way

-Competing for a shot at a secondary singles title

-Being stuck in the post-first commercial break death slot

-Losing to Christian

Don't forget already being in the ring post-commercial break with no ring inro.

With Axle and Ryback now out of the Andre Battle Royal - according to WWE.com this is who is in (4 spots remain)

Dolph Ziggler

Intercontinental Champion Big E
Fandango
Alberto Del Rio
Damien Sandow
Titus O'Neil
Christian
Sheamus
Big Show
Mark Henry
Heath Slater
Jinder Mahal
Drew McIntyre
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
Brodus Clay
Darren Young
Justin Gabriel
Rey Mysterio
R-Truth
Santino Marella
The Great Khali
Zack Ryder
Sin Cara

Hey! remember when they were going to elevate the IC title again? Good times...

So is this battle royal all being built up with Show being a favorite, so Hogan can be a surprise entrant who throws Show out in slow motion to win?

With Axle and Ryback now out of the Andre Battle Royal - according to WWE.com this is who is in (4 spots remain)

Dolph Ziggler

Intercontinental Champion Big E
Fandango
Alberto Del Rio
Damien Sandow
Titus O'Neil
Christian
Sheamus
Big Show
Mark Henry
Heath Slater
Jinder Mahal
Drew McIntyre
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Kofi Kingston
The Miz
Brodus Clay
Darren Young
Justin Gabriel
Rey Mysterio
R-Truth
Santino Marella
The Great Khali
Zack Ryder
Sin Cara

Hey! remember when they were going to elevate the IC title again? Good times...

So is this battle royal all being built up with Show being a favorite, so Hogan can be a surprise entrant who throws Show out in slow motion to win?

Have they already demoted Xavier Woods back to NXT?

I just thought about this, but I think the battle royal would also be a pretty good way to debut Alexander Rusev in a strong way, if he won it.

Mr. Make-A-Wish is not turning heel.

Because thats really going to stop that from happening? Randy fing Orton has done Make-A-Wish things.

preeeeetty sure Cena has granted the most wishes in the Make-A-Wish Foundation's history. I'm sure that factors into things. Heel Cena wouldn't be on the box of Fruity Pebbles and shit, either.

People kept mentioning this cesaro swing to the outside, can someone please describe how you do this without killing someone?

Normal swing with him tossing them up over the ropes to the outside were others catch. Would think it would be best with a lighter guy. ie Lawn Dart Ray

It is really nice of them to give pretty much the entire undercard a Wrestlemania payday given that they have given almost none of them an angle to work with anybody else. Wade is missing but I figure he will show up with SOME BAD NEWS and jump into the match. 

That Cesaro out-of-the-ring bump was some serious '80s lucha shit. I swear I saw someone get the same hangtime on the set in the same manner, hold onto the rope and just die upon re-entry.

The fatal 4-way was pretty fun. Sloppy at times, but it had a frantic pace and the crowd was way into it. With four former world champions fighting for a shot at the IC, it's a wonder they midcard titles have been so directionless for the last several years.

Cena/Harper was fine, but I actually liked their SD match better. It felt a lot tighter and less like formula Cena. Cena's explosive lariat ruled, though.

If you told me 6 months ago that the Shield and Real Americans would have face vs. face tag match and it would be outstanding, I would've thought you were crazy (but only for the face/face part). The crowd was so into Cesaro, and The Shield built up a ton of heat as the match went on. So many great spots here, too. Cesaro's boot to Rollins on the apron, the double swing into the barricade, Cesaro getting launched over the top, Ambrose's hulk-up, Rollins' double dive, and the post-match sacrifice of Cesaro by Reigns... Everything ruled about that match.

The Lesnar/UT build is weird to me. Not sure why Lesnar is stooging around for the entire feud, it's so out of character. At least when he was getting tossed by Show, it was portrayed as him getting caught off guard. Almost makes me think Taker might be getting DQ win amidst a savage beating from Lesnar at Mania... Or Lesnar won't be seen for a very long time after a clean loss. 

Mr. Make-A-Wish is not turning heel.

Because thats really going to stop that from happening? Randy fing Orton has done Make-A-Wish things.

He's not turning heel because he's still worth ~$100M a year to the WWE as is.

As Austin pointed out on a podcast recently, the money just isn't there for a Cena heel turn.