DVDVR Message Board

All the other Fallout stuff

Beat Dead Money. I thought the story was pretty good, but I still found incredibly frustrating due to the damn sound/collar deal. That was just complete bullshit that drained a lot of the fun from the experience. Also a bit disappointed n how Christine's story ends. I feel cheated that she went the loner route considering she is Veronica's ex and even showed interest in my Courier.

Also, at the end of it you have a chance to take some gold bars that are worth a lot of money. You'll be over encumbered if you take them all, but there is a way to get them. Google it before you do the final boss battle (you'll know when it is)

So after trying the barrier toss method I found and failing 7-10 times I just used my stealthboy and hid and slowly walked my way out before the barrier went up. I'm sort of shocked it worked

Started Old World Blues. I'm liking it already if only for hearing rusty Venture though I quite like all of the mad scientists so far. I have to say though Dala makes me feel dirty. Anything I should know about this one?

Nah not really. Be sure you grab all the holodiscs for the personalities in the sink first thing. You'll be able to load yourself up pretty well on stimpaks and weapon repair kits.

• 2 weeks later...

Played and beat Lonesome Road over the last few days. I enjoyed that one for the backstory on ED-E and some info on the Courier before NV began. I also happen to love the Elite Riot gear that I found. I hit lv. 50 right before the end and now should only have quests in Freeside/New Vegas area before the final quest to protect Hoover Dam. Thinking I will do at least a few of those before I finish up.

Man, I hopped onto the US Amazon site the second they announced the pip boy edition and preordered it. I don't know if they'll actually ship that to my Canadian dumb ass but they've shipped PS4 games before, so I'm hopeful. 

Love that video.

As long as you're willing to pay the extra shipping I don't see any good reason you should not be allowed to part with your money for a Pip-Boy. But maybe there is an obscure free trade rule against the export of post-nuclear technology, you never know.

Them customs fuckers used to open up my Japanese wrestling DVD's back in the day. Sometimes they even bothered to tape the packages shut again, but not always.

Yeah, I think I'm good. I'm such a tool for plunking down so much and I'm not usually one for gimmicks but I felt particularly compelled. Jesus, I just noticed, on top of the $25 shipping fee, there's an additional $15 "Import Fees Deposit". After the exchange rate, I'm probably going to be spending close to $200 on a video game. I'm fucking stupid. :( Uh, I guess it'll be my birthday present.

Beat New Vegas today. I thought it was a good experience overall. The last mission was nice enough though not quite as fun as watching Liberty Prime vaporize & explode Enclave soldiers in FO3's final mission. It was nice getting support from the various groups though sort of unnecessary when you have a ridiculous amount of explosives and powerful laser weaponry.

I am very surprised to say this, but I'm actively having problems getting back into Fallout 3. First time I tried I ran into a giant problem in that I fucked up my quest line, and I'm working so often I haven't gotten a chance to jump back in. For the first time, I'm understanding the "The game is too green" criticism. It just isn't fun to look at.

• 2 weeks later...