DVDVR Message Board

All the other Fallout stuff

Supposed news about Fallout 4. Grain of salt warning.

http://www.hallels.com/articles/3059/20140802/fallout-4-release-date-spoilers-new-game-features.htm

Fallout 4 Release Date, Spoilers & Plot Storyilnes

The Fallout 4 release has been highly anticipated from gaming fans but most people were surprised when the game was not discussed at E3 2014. 

Since then not much has been heard of about the development of the game until a posting onMotoring Crunch (Redditor GNR_Informant), who claims to be a leaker for Bethesda's public relations department shared this news.

They claimed that Fallout 4 is already in the makings:

"First and foremost, the game will take place in Boston, and be kind of a direct sequel to Fallout 3 with a few groups returning. From what it sounds like, "The Institute" is pretty much the downtown DC or New Vegas of this game. Boston is going to be unlike anything we've seen in a Fallout game before, with buildings more on par with cyberpunk and retro-futurism."

"Androids play a big part in this game. The railroad from Fallout 3 is a faction. The enemies of the railroad is "the Plantation" - a group who force Androids to farm so that Humans can get food. The Institute is highly advanced and probably obtained or built their own GECK to start a farm."

"Due to complaints about using Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel in Fallout 3 excessively and going against the lore too much, Bethesda has decided to avoid using these groups. Bethesda wants to make a new "race" (think Ghoul, Super Mutant) which will be central to Boston. Bethesda is currently looking at Lovecraftian fiction since Boston is around 'Lovecraft Country'."

"Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks."

In terms of a release date, the Fallout 4 release date is tentatively set on Fall 2015 and it should be expected that it would be showcased on E3 2015. The Fuse Joplin also is rumoring that Fallout 4 could be revealed this year's Tokyo Game Show 2014.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So I've been playing Fallout 3 for the last month. I just achieved lv 30. and have seemingly done most of side quests and DLC leaving me the main quest, Broken Steel, & the Mothership DLC. I figure I will probably beat it in another week or two. Was wondering if New Vegas is worth picking up? Does it glitch too much even today, or has worst of it been done away with?

I traded in a bunch of games last weekend which allowed me to get the Handsome Jack Collection. I used the remain amount to pre-order Fallout 4

I pretty much should just block off 6 weeks of vacation from mid-Nov through Christmas

So I've been playing Fallout 3 for the last month. I just achieved lv 30. and have seemingly done most of side quests and DLC leaving me the main quest, Broken Steel, & the Mothership DLC. I figure I will probably beat it in another week or two. Was wondering if New Vegas is worth picking up? Does it glitch too much even today, or has worst of it been done away with?

The DLC packs all seem to run pretty well. The on disc stuff can glitch out if you play too long. Good rule of thumb would be if you've been playing for more than an hour, save your game and then use the wait function in the game to wait 7 days. That'll clear out whatever's bugging it down.

Why would they want to downgrade Fallout 2 like that?

I'm curious if "every game" includes Fallout Tactics or if we're still pretending that game doesn't exist. It's probably in there since it was in the GOG release before they lost the rights. Anyway since I already have that I'll probably be able to pass on the anthology, but seriously, if you've never played Fallout 2, you suck. Do that.

Beat Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta. They were easily my favorite DLC from the game though Broken Steel felt like something that really should have been in the base game seeing how it finishes off the Enclave plot line. These were more or less the last things I had to do. Really enjoyed the game overall though the lag & freezes in the DLC and later stages of the game annoyed me to no end. Only Zeta seemed to work near perfectly. Feels kind of weird that nothing was done big quest/story wise with the Outcasts & Super Mutants. The room for it seemed to be there.

Will pick up New Vegas next either this weekend or next.

Also, i just noticed fallout 3 goty edition is $10 @ amazon & gamestop. Im really debating on getting that, but last time i had that game, i punted my 360 because it kept locking up before i could get out of the vault. Im talking two days of that stupid shit before i finally snapped. I ended uo taking it back to gamestop.

I think im better now though, more relaxed, better equipped to deal with Bethesda's shit.

Really, i cant paste a fucking link on mobile.... "for fucks sake steve"

h ttp://www.bethblog.com/2015/07/24/fallout-shelter-august-update-android-mr-handy-and-new-threats

Pasting links is an upper body business.

• Like 1