DVDVR Message Board

None of yall know shit, basically.  Poe, the key is to not give a fuck about the outcome.  Like when you messaged that girl on Tumblr and she replied that you were a stalker and then you came onto the message board to vent about her calling you a stalker.  You have to learn to not give a fuck that she thought that and move on to the next one. 

This is great advice right here.  Bad analogy time: It's like when you interview for a new job when you've already got one.  You're way more chill and confident because, hey, you've already got a job.  Because you don't care THAT much about the outcome of the interview.  Same deal with women.  Be cool, don't worry about the outcome, and move on if it doesn't work out.

How about interacting with someone that their familiar with.  That sound better Vic?

You mean talking to yourself in the mirror?

There's nothing wrong with talking to yourself. It's when you start having heated arguments and there's no one else in the room that it's time to either reconsider, or start charging admission.

You have an old man at your Subway? You poor man. The one down the street at work has two rather lovely young ladies there for me to visit on lunchbreak, and two older ladies who are very good at the whole sandwich artist deal. No old guy who won't give up the spinach!

Fuck Subway in general. That shit is way too complicated.

When I go to Burger King and say I want a Whopper, I get a Whooper.

I don't want to say give me a beef patty inside a sesame seed bun, with some tomatoes and salad and some pickles and onions and some ketchup on top...

Who has the patience for that? Not me!

• Like 1

I don't want to say give me a beef patty inside a sesame seed bun, with some tomatoes and salad and some pickles and onions and some ketchup on top...

Fuck whatever people decided that pickles should be standard on burgers.  I can handle sweet relish but dill pickles are a horror that should be punished by genocide.

• Like 2

Gee, thanks for the advice everyone. I will define try harder to be more weird and become a weird rapey pickup artist. *sarcasm*

The girl that I messaged I had met earlier that day and I didn't think what I sent her was that bad (just asked her to meet for coffee and I acted what I thought was gentlemanly). She interviewed me for some TV show and she seemed nice enough.

Too bad she thought was a celebrity or something. Plus, reporters are just messed up in the head as it is. What I was more hurt by was her publishing my phone number online. OK, what I did was wrong, but shaming the person who sends you a PM makes it right?

The last time I ate at a Subway....let's just say it wasn't pretty. Had to take some Imodium afterwards.

Andrew, in all seriousness, I think the lesson to be learned here is that if you have face to face time with someone and you are interested or sense a spark, that is your opportunity to ask her out for coffee. She may still say no, which is her prerogative, but you get no mileage out of not saying a word to her in person but then going home and immediately doing online research and asking from an emotionally safer distance.

Also, please note for future reference that if and when a girl turns you down, it does not mean she thinks she is better than you or that she is egotistical. It just means she isn't interested. She is allowed to be not interested, just like you are if you were politely propositioned by a man or woman you found unsavory.

As for her posting your phone number online, that seems like pretty unreasonable bevahior unless she felt in some way threatened by your interaction, whether that be what you typed, how you interacted with her in person, or due to the efforts you went to in order to find her personal (not professional) online presence. I'm not going to assign blame to you or her because it is a fools errand, but know that consciously or not, she did it as a defense mechanism. Rarely if ever can an action like that be attributed to "reporters/bitches be crazy".

I obviously don't know you or your situation, but this seems to be a consistent obstacle for you in your social life. Have you considered going to a dedicated counselor for it? Sometimes talking through your past experiences with someone who really has heard and seen it all can make you look at things with a brand new perspective.

• Like 6

What I was more hurt by was her publishing my phone number online. 

You should have included that part in the original post. I now give you permission to go scorched earth.  

Rarely if ever can an action like that be attributed to "reporters/bitches be crazy". 

It does make them an asshole. 

Fuck my ears and the total inability to pop while on a flight. I go near deaf for several hours after I fly. I have tried every trick in the book and it still ends with the same result, the first few hours of any trip with me saying HUH and in pain.

First time I ever flew, that happened to me. Excruciating would be a fair description of the pain. Hasn't happened since, thanks goodness. My sympathies to you.