DVDVR Message Board

Fuck being poor. It sucks when you even feel guilty about asking for something not shit for Christmas because you know it's a "bad use of money".

Actually, fuck Christmas while we're at it.

A Festivus for the Rest of Us, then.  Come down to Philly.  Or we'll turn the FUCK YOU thread into THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES thread in December (can you even change thread titles on here?).

Fuck being poor. It sucks when you even feel guilty about asking for something not shit for Christmas because you know it's a "bad use of money".

Actually, fuck Christmas while we're at it.

I feel you. This will be the first Christmas I make no attempt to celebrate. My bare minimum will be buying my niece and nephews presents and even then I'm not breaking the bank. Which makes me feel awful even typing that. But after last year, I'm just not going thru it again. 

Yeah they are happy with most anything I give them. I bought the four year old a Steve Austin Wrestling Buddy (or whatever Jakks called them). He got so excited, he immediately took it down and clamped on an ankle lock. Like most things, it is my issue more than theirs. 

It's not a big deal, but I've gotta vent it somewhere...

Three years ago I got my cousin a job at the factory I worked at. I pushed for him to be hired, I personally helped train/mentor him, I kept him on task when management thought he was lazy and when he wanted to quit.  I helped broker a deal where he bought my grandfather's car, and played mediator when he failed to keep up with payments, so as to keep peace within the family.  I listened to him piss and moan how every girl he met was just a bullying bitch (he's a good guy but he's a pushover; he definitely had a type), and was always supportive and encouraging.

Yesterday, he got married. Every member of my family and nearly everyone he still works with (I left the job over a year ago), was invited. I was not. I get that divorce is weird (I'm fucking living it), but to snub the one guy who had your back for years? Your fucking family? To be fair, he's only ever spoken to me once since my split, so that's just dickheaded of him, anyway...but still. Fuck him.

I think I'm more bothered by the fact that my ex posted a ton of photos on Facebook and really made a not-so-subtle attempt to rub it in my face that she was going and I wasn't.  She even showed up at my work (to pick up my daughter's forgotten homework project), all decked out in her fancy new dress for the fucking wedding...just to grind my fucking gears.

Okay, maybe it was a big deal now that I typed it out. Moving on.

Fuck all of today. The faucet stems to my bathtub were leaking behind the wall and mucking up the bathroom in the apartment beneath mine. Water damage. Shower is out of commission. Landlord's pissed at me.

I hate everything..

I guess we're all dealing with money issues this month. A few weeks back I was run off the road and hit a tree. Basically a TT was broken down on the other side of the road. I come up over a hill and a guy is passing the TT in my lane...  I had no time to react. Swerve. Boom. Tree. I didn't get hurt but my car was totaled. The police officer found no fault with me of course but he did not find fault with the vehicle in my lane either which I still don't understand. I never had a chance to get the guy's information. I had to wait for the insurance appraiser to come out and tell me it was totaled. Then I had to wait for them to send the check. Then my insurance company told me they would only cover a rental for a few days. I'm supposed to get 30 days while my car is in the shop but apparently when it is totaled they only give you like five days. I took a few days off from work to look around for a new car. I found one I liked and went to my bank to take out a loan. I plan on putting down over 50% on the car so the loan really isn't that much at all.  However, Apparently.. I owed the hospital $500 from a few years back when I was in-between my parents' insurance and getting my own. My bank would not give me the loan until this was paid so I paid that. The loan officer was supposed to make a decision Friday but put it off until Tuesday so now I had to extend the rental I'm paying for another week.

I've lost count with how much I've spent on this whole ordeal lol

Three years ago I got my cousin a job at the factory I worked at. I pushed for him to be hired, I personally helped train/mentor him, I kept him on task when management thought he was lazy and when he wanted to quit.  I helped broker a deal where he bought my grandfather's car, and played mediator when he failed to keep up with payments, so as to keep peace within the family.  I listened to him piss and moan how every girl he met was just a bullying bitch (he's a good guy but he's a pushover; he definitely had a type), and was always supportive and encouraging.

Yesterday, he got married. Every member of my family and nearly everyone he still works with (I left the job over a year ago), was invited. I was not. I get that divorce is weird (I'm fucking living it), but to snub the one guy who had your back for years? Your fucking family? To be fair, he's only ever spoken to me once since my split, so that's just dickheaded of him, anyway...but still. Fuck him.

I think I'm more bothered by the fact that my ex posted a ton of photos on Facebook and really made a not-so-subtle attempt to rub it in my face that she was going and I wasn't.  She even showed up at my work (to pick up my daughter's forgotten homework project), all decked out in her fancy new dress for the fucking wedding...just to grind my fucking gears.

Fucking family sometimes....

To sort of piggy back onto this, my mother and one of her brothers have not spoken to one another since my grandmother's funeral when I was 12, so getting close to 23 years now. Uncle's wife got caught referring to me and my two younger brothers as "spoiled rotten brats", and shit was on. Funny thing was, their kids were spoiled a hell of a lot more than the three of us, since my parents split up years before that. 

My uncle, aunt and two cousins weren't invited to my brother's wedding six years ago.

Next summer, my cousin from my other uncle is getting married to her fiancee. I was asked to provide addresses for my entire family today, so I assume we are all getting invited, and I know my other uncle, his wife and their kids are all going. It's 10 months out, and I can't shake the feeling that it's going to be one really awkward wedding, and that I am going to have to run interference to keep my mother away from my aunt, instead of what I should be doing at a wedding, which is getting drunk and being rejected by the single women in the room. :D

Red, shitty deal not getting that job.

You should have crashed the wedding. 

• Like 1

To sort of piggy back onto this, my mother and one of her brothers have not spoken to one another since my grandmother's funeral when I was 12, so getting close to 23 years now. Uncle's wife got caught referring to me and my two younger brothers as "spoiled rotten brats", and shit was on. Funny thing was, their kids were spoiled a hell of a lot more than the three of us, since my parents split up years before that. 

When I was roughly 6 or 7, my uncle called my brother and I "little shits" to my Dad when we were at Grandma's for Christmas Eve.  We'd been fighting with our cousins (same ages as us).  They ended up arguing and it took probably 15 or 20 years for them to patch things up.  They never stopped talking but the once or twice a year get-togethers were never fun.  All of us being old(er) now, us four cousins all get along great.  And my uncle stepped up big time when my dad started having serious health issues a couple years ago.  Sometimes, these things can work out for good!

When I was roughly 6 or 7, my uncle called my brother and I "little shits" to my Dad when we were at Grandma's for Christmas Eve.  We'd been fighting with our cousins (same ages as us).  They ended up arguing and it took probably 15 or 20 years for them to patch things up.  They never stopped talking but the once or twice a year get-togethers were never fun.  All of us being old(er) now, us four cousins all get along great.  And my uncle stepped up big time when my dad started having serious health issues a couple years ago.  Sometimes, these things can work out for good!

I call my nephews little shits as a term of endearment.

So wait, I'm confused......he's YOUR cousin but your ex was invited to the wedding and you weren't?  He took her side in the split?  Heinous, man.

We moved to Kelowna to care for my grandpa. When me ex and I split, she stayed living with my grandpa as she was his primary caregiver.  The whole family (except for my mother and sister) took the ex's side of the issue as she poured on the crocodile tears and did the "woe is me, the wrestler man and I aren't getting along" gimmick.

Fuck it's true everyone in Canada knows each other. Other than the lost souls in Toronto but they haven't even worked out we are using them Matrix-style to power the rest yet.

Does that mean Detroit is Zion?