DVDVR Message Board

Andrew, unless I misread what you wrote.. you started out by saying the girl was cute and a little chubby. By the end of your story she is this disgusting creature. You came off sounding a little too much like the guy who gets rejected and says "fuck her, she was a slut anyway!"

It sounds like what she did was shitty but maybe tone it down a little on the insults... 

Yeah, you're probably right.

And while what Bald Bombshell said is mostly true, I have more respect for women that just say what she thinks regarding any chances with her like "I'm sorry you're not my type," "I'm not that into you," or "Sorry not interested." I just don't have time for games with women, 'friendzoning' or not.

How much respect do you figure women have for a guy who goes from "She's chubby but cute" when there's a possibility of sex to "Get on a treadmill, fattie!" when knocked back?

• Like 1

This is as good a time as any to bring this up. But when did people stop existing an individuals and every conflict became some Gi Joe vs Cobra and Kaos vs Control bullshit?

Like that meme that was posted kinda sticks in my crawl. Because it feels like people are attacked for being lonely. Not in this case, but in a general sense. 

There's a difference between "being lonely" and being a misogynistic creeper. Nobody is owed companionship and the dude isn't being mocked for "being lonely". He's being mocked for treating women like spunk deposit boxes.

There's a difference between "being lonely" and being a misogynistic creeper. Nobody is owed companionship and the dude isn't being mocked for "being lonely". He's being mocked for treating women like spunk deposit boxes.

You really don't know me, so don't pretend that you do.

We only know what you put on here.

What you put on here

I guess this is a FUCK YOU to a girl I met tonight. This girl tells me that her friend wants to meet me. OK, I'm thinking, let me see who this is -- I figure it couldn't hurt. I see this slightly chubby but very cute girl walk up and I get to talking with her.

Hey chick, if you wanted to feel good about yourself and not at the expense of others, then quit eating bon bons and get on a fuckin' treadmill, you could use it.

There's just no need for it.

You've gotten to the point that FSW and I actually agree on something. Take off the fedora and realize the common denominator in your issues with women. You're right that I don't know you. But anybody can see in your posts in this thread that you have severe issues with women and trying to take it out on them is a horrifically bad idea that won't help you a bit.

I think it was crass making fun of her appearance. At the same time I don't think he is Ted Bundy. He just got angry (probably justifiably going by his story) and expressed it poorly. Also I don't think anybody grows up wanting to have issues. It is the type of thing that develops slowly thru abuses and other bad circumstances. Attacking someone over it is going to make them dig their heels in and convince them they are right. I would rather try to talk something out. Than do some us vs them shouting match. Maybe we could open a real dialogue and learn about each other. Or not, I had something happen recently that has made me reevaluate my relationship with anger and hate.  

I'm pulling for you and your mother, SirFozzie.  Cancer is a hideous bitch goddess.

I have nothing to add to Andrew's plight other than that I've been in his shoes before (saying/thinking some mean things about women that I regret and will not repeat here), so while I see where he's coming from, it seems like he's acting on some kind of "she's chubby so she should be willing to let me go all up ins because I'm doing her a favor" entitlement complex.

I've never met him, but going by his posts here, it seems like his problems with women and people at work/finding work are related.

I'm pulling for you and your mother, SirFozzie.  Cancer is a hideous bitch goddess.

I have nothing to add to Andrew's plight other than that I've been in his shoes before (saying/thinking some mean things about women that I regret and will not repeat here), so while I see where he's coming from, it seems like he's acting on some kind of "she's chubby so she should be willing to let me go all up ins because I'm doing her a favor" entitlement complex.

I've never met him, but going by his posts here, it seems like his problems with women and people at work/finding work are related.

It has nothing to do with her being chubby nor do I have any 'entitlement complex' regarding it. I was very cautious when I was approached by the girl but I had no way of suspecting that her boyfriend or some douchebag who thinks he's her boyfriend was there. The guy started putting his arm over her shoulder and talking with her and I had no idea what was going on other than that I didn't want to get involved. Yes, my comments about her were/are mean because of how I perceived my treatment to have been. And it makes me angry that either the girl was purposely setting up guys to take a fall or her friend was setting guys up.

I am well aware that a lot of problems with work/finding work and women are my own and I'm doing my best to address and correct it. I don't talk that way at work nor around other people in real life -- but understand that I'm using this as a form of venting and I try my best not to carry any bad thoughts or ill intentions towards any person afterwards. I have a hard enough time with things as it is.

You've (FSW, Bald Bombshell) proven your point about me and had your fun pointing out my misery, so let's move on.

Mine too.  Don't get me wrong, that was a dickhead thing to do on her part, but you probably could have taken it better, and besides, if she was doing something like that then clearly she's not worth the frustration.

Fuck you, cancer.. I thought you and my mom were done for good.. she's had to live with you for over a decade.. now you might be setting up shop again? Fuck you.. FUCK YOU.

Sorry for your news. Best wishes to you and your Mum.

Stay strong Fozz...here's hoping to a swift recovery.

=-

A small, mildly humourous fuck you. 

We decided to have a joint birthday party for wee baby c, and baby a (the mums know each other and have been friendly for a while) Baby a's parents are renting from baby a's grandma at the moment so we decided to have the party and mr and mrs red's house.

Mrs A decides to invite 50 people (not families, people) to the house. So good old red here drops 80-90 quid on food and drink. Not a problem, my baby girl only turns one once. Mrs A said she'd get some food as well. Plus, Mr A is self employed and minted. Like three cars, own business, hugo boss suits for work minted...

Come the morning of the party, Mr and Mrs Red are preparing sandwiches, getting pizza cooked, baking cakes and sweet goodies for the party, cleaning the house, making everything look nice, taking care of baby c and generally getting everything in order. You know, the usual things you do before a party. No sign of Mr and Mrs A. Red and Mrs Red are...to put it mildly...fucking fuming right about now.

Mr and Mrs A decide to swan up 30 minutes before the party is due to start, with a small tin of sausage rolls. and a small cup cake for A, as they don't want her to have much sugar. Mrs A wonders why there aren't more people here helping. and why the garden isn't setup so she can put her crown making stall up.

Mrs A wonders where my family is to help setup? At this point, red has just about had enough and goes out for a small walk, as he doesn't really want to go to jail for criminal assault.

No booze in the house either.

Long story short, we arent having a joint birthday party next year.

• Like 2

Long story short, we arent having a joint birthday party next year.

Sounds like you handled that with admirable restraint. Some people go through their whole lives clueless. Hopefully it skips a generation and Baby a will turn out to be as thoughtful as Baby c will undoubtedly become.
  • Like 2

Fuck you, cancer.. I thought you and my mom were done for good.. she's had to live with you for over a decade.. now you might be setting up shop again? Fuck you.. FUCK YOU.

Holy shit, I'm sorry to hear that. Foz.

Jump online sometime into an XBox Party so we can talk.

• Like 1

Yeah, was a pisser. But lesson learned and all that.

Marty - good to hear you're on the mend, big man. You could do a world of damage with the private conversations, but it shows your brilliant esteemed character that you wouldn't stoop that low. You're a good man.

Burgundy, baby c had "her" party the preceding wednesday - the 2nd, with me, mrs red, grandpa mrs red, his girlfriend, red's sister and red's mum where we opened presents, made her favourite food; Moroccan chicken with cous cous (I shit ye not), baked a miffy cake (miffy rocks, and a FUCK YOU to anyone who says otherwise) and proved the theory once and for all, that if you have a ball pit full of plastic balls, a teddy bear and wrapping paper, the paper wins out for toy of the day.

So the saturday was a downer, but the rest of the week more than made up for it.

• Like 2