DVDVR Message Board

Most of the population feel alienated or are apathetic and I don't blame them. It's difficult to accomplish anything in this system which in a way is good..  but if I'm someone who believes my vote will matter and the politicians I'm supporting will accomplish anything real..nationally.. it's unlikely. At least in other nations...UK, etc.  if I'm supporting the party that is in control I can expect that they will fulfill what they've set out to do. If I'm someone who does not support them I can hope they fail and then my party will regain control in five years or less. In the United States it doesn't matter nearly as much if "your guy" is in office. This issue is another example of that.

I'm a little late on this because I've been back for a couple weeks now but I'd like to give a big Fuck You shout out to the city of Philadelphia.  I've been all over the U.S. from coast to coast and Philly is overall the shittiest place I've been to outside of Arkansas.  To be fair, I haven't actually been to Detroit outside of the airport.  But Philly is pathetic.  I go there multiple times a year and people live in absolute filth.  It doesn't have anything to do with money either.  You don't have to have money to not throw trash on the ground.  For real, everywhere you look is garbage.  I'm driving by a bustop, dude opens a package like a DVD or CD and just chucks the plastic garbage wrapper on the ground.  Two minutes later the person in front of me chucks a McDonalds bag out their window onto the street.  Stop at a light and look right and left and trash everywhere. 

• Like 1

I'm a little late on this because I've been back for a couple weeks now but I'd like to give a big Fuck You shout out to the city of Philadelphia.  I've been all over the U.S. from coast to coast and Philly is overall the shittiest place I've been to outside of Arkansas.  To be fair, I haven't actually been to Detroit outside of the airport.  But Philly is pathetic.  I go there multiple times a year and people live in absolute filth.  It doesn't have anything to do with money either.  You don't have to have money to not throw trash on the ground.  For real, everywhere you look is garbage.  I'm driving by a bustop, dude opens a package like a DVD or CD and just chucks the plastic garbage wrapper on the ground.  Two minutes later the person in front of me chucks a McDonalds bag out their window onto the street.  Stop at a light and look right and left and trash everywhere. 

My sister visited a prestigious university in Philadelphia for graduate school and the people flat out lied to her about her getting in. She concurs with your statement about Philadelphia being completely nasty. Thankfully, she got into a better university.

All the buildings themselves looked like they were covered in a layer of dirt when I visited on my way to somewhere else, and that was back in '99.

There is actually a place in Murrica that is just as shitty as Arkansas...awesome. I should go visit and feel right at home.

There is actually a place in Murrica that is just as shitty as Arkansas...awesome. I should go visit and feel right at home.

Sounds like Philadelphia has the entire South beat on the street trash game, though.  At least most Southerners are polite enough to wait until they're on the streets alone or traveling a back road to throw debris out their car windows.

Awww, I'm RIGHT HERE, you guys...

That said, try living here.  The public transit sucks, the municipal employees working without a CBA for almost five years sucks, the sports teams suck, the public schools really, REALLY suck; you know why there are so many drug addicts here?  They need dust just to cope with the fact they live in this dump.

There are parts of California that you'd not be able to tell it isn't Arkansas.

A giant hearty diarrhoeic shit to the motherless fuck who stole three skids of TVs. When I left work that night there were twenty-seven TVs on five skids. When the truck arrived in Chicago a few hours later the customer claims that they only found two skids holding eight TVs. So because of that we lost our contract for daily pick-ups of TVs, my boss and I have both been interviewed by the customer's "loss prevention" people and I now have to babysit my boss every night until he finishes with his work, because he has had his salad tossed by the customer's people because he was the last person there that night and the one who loaded the last trailer.  So until the customer finishes their investigation and clears us, finds out that the stuff was snatched in Chicago or finds that the skids were misplaced in their facility I have to play baby sitter and hopefully if/when they do clear us we get the TV runs back.On the other hand, there is one good thing that has come out of this, the company is finally investing some money in a security system.

I guess this is a FUCK YOU to a girl I met tonight. This girl tells me that her friend wants to meet me. OK, I'm thinking, let me see who this is -- I figure it couldn't hurt. I see this slightly chubby but very cute girl walk up and I get to talking with her. I get her number and she and the other girl leave to go to the bathroom. They come back and this girl that I just met is with this guy. The girl that wanted me to meet her friend introduces me to the guy (HUH? Why do I want to meet him?). The guy shakes my hand and I can tell he seems pissed. I then asked, "Are you two dating or something?" He's like "yeah" and I then said "I seriously didn't know, I'm sorry about that." I walk off looking over my shoulder the whole night after that and split shortly thereafter. I then deleted her number as well.

Hey chick, if you wanted to feel good about yourself and not at the expense of others, then quit eating bon bons and get on a fuckin' treadmill, you could use it. And don't have your friend set guys up thinking they are about to score with you, if only to potentially get their ass kicked by a jealous boyfriend. If this chick and the guy aren't seeing each other or aren't getting along with each other, then be a fuckin' grown-up and just fuckin' break-up. Don't pull people who don't deserve to be bothered into your shit.

I guess this is a FUCK YOU to a girl I met tonight. This girl tells me that her friend wants to meet me. OK, I'm thinking, let me see who this is -- I figure it couldn't hurt. I see this slightly chubby but very cute girl walk up and I get to talking with her. I get her number and she and the other girl leave to go to the bathroom. They come back and this girl that I just met is with this guy. The girl that wanted me to meet her friend introduces me to the guy (HUH? Why do I want to meet him?). The guy shakes my hand and I can tell he seems pissed. I then asked, "Are you two dating or something?" He's like "yeah" and I then said "I seriously didn't know, I'm sorry about that." I walk off looking over my shoulder the whole night after that and split shortly thereafter. I then deleted her number as well.

Hey chick, if you wanted to feel good about yourself and not at the expense of others, then quit eating bon bons and get on a fuckin' treadmill, you could use it. And don't have your friend set guys up thinking they are about to score with you, if only to potentially get their ass kicked by a jealous boyfriend. If this chick and the guy aren't seeing each other or aren't getting along with each other, then be a fuckin' grown-up and just fuckin' break-up. Don't pull people who don't deserve to be bothered into your shit.

Posted Image

• Like 8

It's going to be mid-80's and humid today and tomorrow in the mid-atlantic.  In mid October!  A big fuck you to weather in the region, and the region in general.  I'm moving in a few weeks. I will not miss life here.

I am a wear shorts as long as I can kind of guy but yeah.  The humidity has been crazy.

Fuck the loss of a pet, my Parent'sCocker Spaniel (and by proxy , my dog as well ) passed away Wednesday night in her sleep.  She was 13 or 14 but definitely lived a long and very much love filled life.  I will miss that pooch

Andrew, unless I misread what you wrote.. you started out by saying the girl was cute and a little chubby. By the end of your story she is this disgusting creature. You came off sounding a little too much like the guy who gets rejected and says "fuck her, she was a slut anyway!"

It sounds like what she did was shitty but maybe tone it down a little on the insults... 

• Like 3

Andrew, unless I misread what you wrote.. you started out by saying the girl was cute and a little chubby. By the end of your story she is this disgusting creature. You came off sounding a little too much like the guy who gets rejected and says "fuck her, she was a slut anyway!"

It sounds like what she did was shitty but maybe tone it down a little on the insults... 

Yeah, you're probably right.

And while what Bald Bombshell said is mostly true, I have more respect for women that just say what she thinks regarding any chances with her like "I'm sorry you're not my type," "I'm not that into you," or "Sorry not interested." I just don't have time for games with women, 'friendzoning' or not.