DVDVR Message Board

I big gigantic one to the whole KFAN Rube Chat Message Board for Cyberbulling me & almost having me take my life & the threats. I just left them a-holes They do not care about People with Disabilites except for themselves. My user name was mouthguitarguy on there. they called me imposter which I am not. they attack me when I do my stuff at the fair. they have called me the r-word. at least here are where my true friends are.

Fuck scum like that. You're fine here mate!

People who make fun of the disabled are the fucking worst.

I have an aunt who has had MS for over a decade, has a speech impediment as a result (so some people mistake her for mentally disabled, which she certainly is not), and usually uses a wheelchair to get around, and although it's not like people mock her out in public but you see the way people treat her differently just subliminally because of people being scared THE CHAIR is contagious is maddening.

If people would just not act like THE CHAIR is contagious that would be really cool.

This.

A pop star does drugs, news at 11.

Yeah.  All the "controversies" involving Miley seem like the least important tempests-in-teacups ever.  Who gives a shit?  And I don't even think she's really doing anything bad, it's the EXACT same progression we see with just about every female teen performer who manages to keep having a career into their adulthood.  And it's widely rumored that Billy Ray has essentially had zero control or influence over her for years now, her corporate handlers pretty much run the whole show.  

Big fuck you to news sites that refuse to moderate comments. Racist pretty much run wild and the site does nothing to moderate them. And by racist I don't mean the cute veiled shit you see on some news stations. I mean flat out Mississippi Burning shit.Nothing is done about it and you see the same people making vile comments repeatedly. This could be solved by actually screening comments, having moderators monitor threads. Or simply eliminating comments. At this point, I am going to assume these sites endorse racist behavior. 

• Like 1

Hating Miley is like hating oxygen.  We need oxygen to live, we need Miley and her pop friends around so we can clutch our proverbial pearls over good girls gone bad and pretend that we care about our celebrities.  It moves the needle. Whatever.  Unless the girl ODs, I'm not getting into a tizzy over a 20-year-old twerking with a teddy bear.  There's 10,000 guys and girls who do that every day, they're just not famous enough for us to care.

This will all be moot once Miley goes into country music in 5-6 years, anyway.

As the father of a daughter, I was embarrassed for 'ol Billy Ray.

As a man, I was like, "how can you twerk without an ass"?

As a deviant, I was like, "I could've gotten you a better price on your coke".

• Like 1

Country is where pop acts go to die.

Bon Jovi, Hootie and the Blowfish, etc.

The worst thing about Miley is she was behaving like a 13 year old at a school talent show, all giggly because she was doing something "naughty" and the entire audience of her peers was so fucking bored by it.

Thing is, most of the audience would cut off an arm to garner this much attention for their careers.  That doesn't mean that it will work for Miley.  But for the next 24 hours, she's part of the news cycle. Boring or not, it's more than many of these co-called celebrities will ever know.

the entire audience of her peers was so fucking bored by it.

I like to think of it like they were looking in a mirror and they didn't like what they saw.

Drake was caught looking at his cellaphone when she was up there.

I don't read comments in general. This board, Badass Digest and The MISC (for the lulz) are the only places I read people's opinions. Everything else is so predictable, in terms of stereotypical hatred, that it almost makes it less depressing. That's why I stopped reading Gawker/Jezebel and all sites of that ilk over a year ago - I know exactly what the story's angle will be, and the two different kinds of reactions it causes without even clicking.

FUCK YOU, America. If I have to read one more goddamn Facebook status whining about Miley Fucking Cyrus, I swear I'm going ultra-mega-mass-homicide on your asses. Tell me, folks: who choreographed that dance? Who designed that outfit? Who sewed that outfit? Who built the teddy-bear set? Who was producing the show and looked at all of the above during rehearsal and said "...perfect!"? What? You can't tell me any of those answers? What? You're totally full of shit and haven't the first goddamn clue about how the entertainment media works? What? You keep reposting that inaccurate picture of Will Smith and his talentless kids supposedly reacting to Miley, when it was really a reaction shot to Lady Gaga? What? You didn't know that Billy Ray Cyrus has complained for YEARS about how he essentially has no say in his daughter's life because she's so entirely controlled by her micromanaging corporate overlords? What? Buncha useless ignorant whining fucking maggots.

Also, complaining about Miley when Robin "Least talented and most sexual-predator-looking superstar in pop music today" Thicke spent half the song dry-humping a girl half his age? Fuck off. I'm beyond tired of this double-standard slut-shaming hypocritical nonsense that everyone always applies to any female celebrity who dared to first become famous when they were a young girl.

And FUCK YOU, my college and my fairweather friends and everyone and everything associated with it:

1. My financial aid still hasn't come through yet.

2. Apparently nobody can tell me WHEN it will arrive.

3. The financial aid office has been giving me nothing but a busy signal all day long. (24 busy signals in a row now!)

4. Classes start Wednesday. THIS Wednesday. 48 hours from now.

5. I have no way to get from my home to campus in two days when classes start. Or the next day when classes continue.

6. Even if I did catch an early ride down, I have no way to get back home at the end of the week.

7. And even if I did have a way to get back home, I've got nowhere to stay in the meanwhile.

8. And even if I could fix THOSE issues, I've got no money for textbooks.

9. I've asked for help. Often. From many people. Apparently nobody in the entire world is willing and able to help me. At all. (Except my brother, but there's only so much he can do.)

• Like 1

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of attention whoring behavior whether it comes from a man or a woman. I'm not outraged by it because it is not my family but it does make me shake my head. Again, the bigger issue with the Miley shit to me is her (and her handlers if we need to address them as well) acting how they *think* black people are supposed to act, etc.

I actually like music so I have no idea why I would subject myself to horse shit like the MVA's. Sorry.

Yeah, I think when you agree to sit down and watch the MVAs, you waive all right to complain about the quality therein. I mean, even if you enjoy the sort of Top 40 pop you know they're going to play, it's all about celebrity and the spectacle of it all, and clearly not about the music.

Me, I don't watch it, because I already know I'd hate it, and I try not to waste time on stuff I know I'll hate. On a related note, that's why I don't understand people who complain about the music of Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber. They're teen idols, not artists making music for people who seriously like music. If you're obviously not the market that they're catering to, why waste your time?

I don't read comments in general. This board, Badass Digest and The MISC (for the lulz) are the only places I read people's opinions. Everything else is so predictable, in terms of stereotypical hatred, that it almost makes it less depressing. That's why I stopped reading Gawker/Jezebel and all sites of that ilk over a year ago - I know exactly what the story's angle will be, and the two different kinds of reactions it causes without even clicking.

No kidding, even the comment sections of relatively "high brow" or credible sites are full of complete dolts. And then you get into the lowest common denominator stuff like youtube... no thanks. It's not just the stereotypical hatred that gets me (though that is obviously bad too), but the sense that it's the same group of people having the same argument over and over, just repeating the same cliches and talking past each other and taking potshots, with no regard for any evidence or legitimate discussion.

• Like 1