DVDVR Message Board

Sorry to Burgundy for the dental mishap.

I managed to find it before I completely bit into it, so I think I avoided major damage this time. :)   Still, my teeth can't take any more abuse right now.  My dental bills will be through the roof this year.

Sorry about Baby Red.  Swiffers and mircrofiber cloths are your best friends for getting rid of dust/hair.

• Like 1

I agree with your general sentiment there, Big Fresh (referring to the religious one, not the work-related one). I would just like to add:

Religious people aren't stupid. They aren't evil. They aren't rubes.

Some certainly are. But then, something I've noticed, particularly as I've been paying more attention to people on the internet, is that so are some atheists. While I do think the world would ultimately be a better place were it more secular (and that certain religious institutions like the Catholic church can go fuck themselves in the ear), being an atheist isn't a necessary or sufficient condition for being a good person. As long as people can keep from forcing their view/beliefs on each other, I think we should all be able to get along and focus on bigger problems.

The major problems come when the forcing views/beliefs on others is actually a fundamental part of what the person believes and it annoys the shit out of everyone else regardless of what they may believe. I don't mean the door to door types necessarily, but those who try to convert every person they meet in every possible situation.

The major problems come when the forcing views/beliefs on others is actually a fundamental part of what the person believes and it annoys the shit out of everyone else regardless of what they may believe. I don't mean the door to door types necessarily, but those who try to convert every person they meet in every possible situation.

That certainly is annoying, but not a problem I'm overly concerned with, as those types of people are relatively easy to avoid (in my life, at least; your mileage may vary). And even if they are annoying, they should be free to say what they want. (Also, I've always sort of held the opinion that, even though I'm not a big fan of evangelical types at all, if they truly believe that everyone who disagrees with them is going to suffer eternal punishment, then they're kind of dicks if they don't try to convert as many people as possible.)

I'm more concerned with people who want to push their religious (or non-religious, for that matter) views on other people by force (i.e., through government, laws, etc.)

• Like 1

Some folks I've met at times in my life actually are the types that want to do that with laws and such. And some folks don't border on annoying, they actually do get quite aggressive about it. Luckily, I've avoided that a lot, but I've had friends when doing contract construction jobs have the client there and preach to them for hours while they work and repeatedly trying to convince them to read whatever crap they have to give them. They then ask them to pray with them and rant about whatever the hell they believe and won't let them leave because they don't want to offend the customer.

FUCK YOU, last 24 hours of my life.  I won't begin to bore everyone with the unbelievably depressing details of my personal life because it would seriously take way too long to list everything going wrong, but let's just say that today was especially bad.  

Some folks I've met at times in my life actually are the types that want to do that with laws and such. And some folks don't border on annoying, they actually do get quite aggressive about it. Luckily, I've avoided that a lot, but I've had friends when doing contract construction jobs have the client there and preach to them for hours while they work and repeatedly trying to convince them to read whatever crap they have to give them. They then ask them to pray with them and rant about whatever the hell they believe and won't let them leave because they don't want to offend the customer.

Don't your friends know the customer is always right?

FUCK YOU, last 24 hours of my life.  I won't begin to bore everyone with the unbelievably depressing details of my personal life because it would seriously take way too long to list everything going wrong, but let's just say that today was especially bad.  

Sorry to hear that.  Best wishes, hope things get better.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.  Best wishes, hope things get better.

Ditto, Jingus.

A hearty fuck you to home ownership.  The weekend thaw here was nice, but it meant lots of melting snow, and judging by the two rooms on the top floor of my house that suddenly have wet carpets, it looks like there's a leak somewhere.  Quite a few water stains on the walls, as well as on the ceiling of the main floor below.. so the water's coming in somewhere inside the walls or something.  This probably won't be cheap to fix.

Compared to what the rest of you went through, this is minor but...today was haircut day, except I blinked and found out the hard way that my barber and I had VERY different ideas of what the phrase "Just enough to comb meant

Now, my normal barber does great, but he takes February off (to go to Florida), so I hit a Wally World salon. BIIIIIG mistake

I blink and all of a sudden, 90% of my hair is gone. And not from the sides either, where you could just trim the sides to that length and keep the top reasonable). I mean.. BZZRT with the clippers, and my hair goes flying. And there's not much I can do because at this point, you might as well finish it off

It was so bad after the haircut I went walking through Wally World afterwards, looking for a winter cap to cover it up (it's that short/bad), and because it's damn cold outside. And despite the fact we have a bit of snow coming in thursday, and another one of those polar vortex thingamabobs later in the week, and the fact that it's not even March Freaking First.. they have no winter hats at Wal Mart. Except for two lonely Duck Dynasty hats, and quite honestly, I'd rather suffer than give money to them.

So I posted the picture to a couple of my friends, who were supportive.

Ha. Good one right?

One of them "Foz, the National Forehead Association called, and that thing is being reclassified as a five head"

The other was.. somewhat nicer.. he said "So you look like Curly of the three stooges two months after his last shave. What's the big deal?"

I need new friends. 

Compared to what the rest of you went through, this is minor but...today was haircut day, except I blinked and found out the hard way that my barber and I had VERY different ideas of what the phrase "Just enough to comb meant

Now, my normal barber does great, but he takes February off (to go to Florida), so I hit a Wally World salon. BIIIIIG mistake

I blink and all of a sudden, 90% of my hair is gone. And not from the sides either, where you could just trim the sides to that length and keep the top reasonable). I mean.. BZZRT with the clippers, and my hair goes flying. And there's not much I can do because at this point, you might as well finish it off

It was so bad after the haircut I went walking through Wally World afterwards, looking for a winter cap to cover it up (it's that short/bad), and because it's damn cold outside. And despite the fact we have a bit of snow coming in thursday, and another one of those polar vortex thingamabobs later in the week, and the fact that it's not even March Freaking First.. they have no winter hats at Wal Mart. Except for two lonely Duck Dynasty hats, and quite honestly, I'd rather suffer than give money to them.

So I posted the picture to a couple of my friends, who were supportive.

Ha. Good one right?

One of them "Foz, the National Forehead Association called, and that thing is being reclassified as a five head"

The other was.. somewhat nicer.. he said "So you look like Curly of the three stooges two months after his last shave. What's the big deal?"

I need new friends. 

Picked the wrong day to read this as I'm getting mine done today!

A few years ago we were doing something out of town and my wife decided on a lark to get a haircut at Wal-Mart while I was otherwise occupied.  When I picked her up, she was in tears because of how terrible her hair looked, and cried the entire drive back home (about 45 minutes) thinking she'd have to live with what they'd done until it grew back out.  I drove her directly to her friend/normal hairstylist who was able to rescue it with a cute pixie cut that she wears to this day.

A few years ago we were doing something out of town and my wife decided on a lark to get a haircut at Wal-Mart while I was otherwise occupied.  When I picked her up, she was in tears because of how terrible her hair looked, and cried the entire drive back home (about 45 minutes) thinking she'd have to live with what they'd done until it grew back out.  I drove her directly to her friend/normal hairstylist who was able to rescue it with a cute pixie cut that she wears to this day.

See, Wal-Mart did her a favor!

• Like 1

My father-in-law went back into the hospital from the rehab center. This is his FOURTH bout of pneumonia since his suicide attempt, and now my wife and her brother are going to his doctor to discuss whether to give him a trach for good or let nature take it's course. If he makes it he'll likely have to be in a home for the rest of his life, and if he knows he can't live somewhere with my mother-in-law he'll opt out.

My wife is in a really bad way, obviously. Fuck everything.