DVDVR Message Board

So...I find out today that my missing friend has been found. He went into hiding after getting into a car accident, then after the other driver got out of his car to prevent my friend from leaving...my friend ran him over and fled anyway.

Shiiiiiit...

Wait, what?

So...I find out today that my missing friend has been found. He went into hiding after getting into a car accident, then after the other driver got out of his car to prevent my friend from leaving...my friend ran him over and fled anyway.

Shiiiiiit...

Is the other driver dead or alive?

Okay, let's focus on something more important. I need to know if 1 out of 10 Americans is a Juggalo.

I don't know, but I did hear some Juggalo on the train out of NYC 5 years ago say that there are no Juggalo's left...

Then two years ago, I heard some dude ask the face painters at Sea World if they could do Juggalo face paint...

So I don't know what to believe anymore.

There are no Juggalos, there are only people cos-playing as Juggalos.

What would be worse, being surrounded by Juggalos or being surrounded by cos-playing freaks?

j09c9mYyyy-400x319.jpg

On an unrelated to GTA5 note, I once saw Steve Corino slap the bejesus out of some juggalo at an ECCW show several years back. It made me like Steve Corino.

I like this.  I'm a progressive secularist.  Like the saying goes, religion is like a penis.  It's great to have one, it's great to be proud of it, but don't take it out in public and shove it down our children's throats.

I was raised Catholic, the largest branch of the largest religion in the world.  In other words, absolutely nothing at all like my penis.

Also, the Juggalo gathering is moving from Southern Illinois to a farm in Central Missouri this year.  So, small penis and thousands of Juggalos invading my home state this summer, that's my contribution to this thread.

The biggest, loudest, longest FUCK YOU I can muster to the two 100 year old zombies that live next door to me and leave their 5 barking rats out in their yard all hours of the day and night to bark at everything and nothing. I wouldn't care so much if their yard weren't like 20 feet from my bedroom and I didn't have to be up for work in 6 hours. This is not an uncommon situation BTW.

Call the cops, they'll at least get a ticket out of it.

No one likes a narc.

Shiiiiiit...

Obviously, I don't know your friend.  But at what point did things esclate in his mind to run over a guy for a garden variety car accident?  What information is missing here?

I'm not asking you specifically--I realize you may not know all the facts. I'm just asking this out loud.  It's a true WTF situation.

Shiiiiiit...

Obviously, I don't know your friend.  But at what point did things esclate in his mind to run over a guy for a garden variety car accident?  What information is missing here?

I'm not asking you specifically--I realize you may not know all the facts. I'm just asking this out loud.  It's a true WTF situation.

Knowing him, he was on something and/or had something in his car he really didn't want the cops to find.

So...I find out today that my missing friend has been found. He went into hiding after getting into a car accident, then after the other driver got out of his car to prevent my friend from leaving...my friend ran him over and fled anyway.Shiiiiiit...

Is the other driver dead or alive?

Alive. In the hospital with rib and neck injuries.

Thinking now, my friend probably was in jail and not in hiding, since I'm getting this info from a new story that names him specifically.

And a hearty fuck you to teething. On the hour, every hour. screams - nappy rash. anbesol. the whole nine.

Additionally, a fuck you to my wife's work, making her travel to a job last night so daddy has had no sleep and oh god i'vegottodrivebackhomethisevening.

Woe betide anyone who crosssssssss-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Fuck me. Pretty sure I have lost a DVD boxset that belonged to library. I had it in my jacket pocket when I took the dog for a walk, and now I cannot find it. Must have fallen out along the way, though I would have thought that I would have noticed that. Looking it up on Amazon, I am guessing that I am out at least $65, which I sure as shit cannot afford.

Also, I cannot stop my apostrophe and question mark keys from making the è symbol. WTF

Ever go to bed thinking "Maybe, if I'm lucky, I won't wake up tomorrow"?

So, yeah, fuck depression.

Hope you feel better soon, Kyle Casey.

Ditto for Burgandy LaRue, stomach bugs suck.

Sorry about the little one, Red is Dead. You might need the Mr. Bean matchsticks trick ; ).

• Like 3

(warning, if you do not wish to read a Foz rant, please move on to next post. Thank you for your compliance)

You got to love medical bureaucracy.

And by love, I mean absolutely loathe.

As some of you might know..I suffer from Sleep Apnea.. where my breathing stops during sleep due to closed nasal passages. This causes the body to shift and attempt to shock itself into wakening to get oxygen into the system. This means I don't get good sleep, as the body is constantly fighting to get into the deeper stages of sleep

In my case, when I did an in home sleep study, it was determined I stopped breathing 12-72 times an hour, and had 85% oxygen in the system.

So, I got a CPAP machine, and I'm going to live happily (and sleepily) ever after right?

Nope. And the medical bureaucracies are to blame. 

First, the CPAP machine and mask they gave me did not work. Since I sleep on my stomach, they gave me a nose mask (forces air into the nose to keep the nasal passages open). However, because I'm used to breathing through my mouth, this means I end up "swallowing" a bunch of air, which goes down the wrong pipe, and causes a condition called aerophagia, as the air distends the stomach. Painful, and counterproductive to the goal of getting good sleep.

So, when I called the doctor, he stated that he would prefer an in-house sleep study, not only to find a mask that will better fit my issues to eliminate the aerophagia, but to find the right pressure for me (right now, I'm using a wide value of pressures (5-15).

So, that was a week ago that he put in the order for the sleep study. I hadn't heard anything from them since, until today.

Today, I get a call from the company he put the sleep study into (they have a partnership with the hospital where I met my doctor).. they let me know they are waiting for a pre-authorization from my health care company. This is frustrating enough, so I call my healthcare company, and after being on hold 15 minutes, explain the situation to them and ask if there's anything I can do to expedite the situation.

No, I can't, they say, because the company who does authorization for sleep care studies for my health care provider needs to work with the company who does the sleep studies to get all the i's dotted and t's crossed.

So a company that works for the company needs to authorize a company that works for the hospital to get anything done.

Meanwhile, I can't use the CPAP machine, and I'm worried that the insurance company will use it as an excuse to take it back (I'm not considered compliant unless I use it 21 days a month at least four hours a day).

So in short, I'm stuck in multiple layers of medical bureaucracy and can't find my own way out.

Says something about the healthcare system we have, don't it?

I wouldn't worry about them taking back the CPAP.  If they do, the inpatient sleep study will just confirm again that you need one and you'll get another one.

That said, I absolutely loathe insurance companies.  I'm currently fighting with mine - for the 5,000,000th time.  This time it's related to a lab test my wife had done to try and pinpoint the source of stomach pain she's been having.  The insurance company for some reason interprets an enzyme test as genetic testing, which is not covered under our plan.  The test isn't a genetic test and I've been fighting with people for the last 3-1/2 weeks to get the claim re-processed and paid for.  No love so far and now the lab that did the work is screaming at me for payment.

The best advice I can give my fellow Atheists (which I paraphrase from Penn Jillette) is "preach love". Religious people aren't stupid. They aren't evil. They aren't rubes. We just see the world differently. By and large, they (like most people on this planet) are good, kind, generous people. It's ok to discuss our differences. As a matter of fact, I'd encourage it. But don't be a dickhead. Even though it sometimes feels as an American who's an Atheist that everyone is against you, they're not.

So baby C's not been sleeping through the night for the past few weeks - waking herself up coughing. Doesnt help her or us get any shuteye (baby monitor) We thought it was the after effects of a cold, or a dusty room that the cat goes in during the day when we aren't around.

So Mrs red took her to the doctors this morning...and its either tonsilitis, chest infection or asthma.

In short - fuck nurseries. breeding ground for airborne virii.

fuck cat hairs - next time we're going for a mr bigglesworth.