DVDVR Message Board

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed they had American Gladiators and was super excited thinking it was the 80s/90s version.  Instead it was the newer one with Hogan and Layla Ali as hosts and I was incredibly disappointed.  They also had on Pros vs. Joes.  Can't help but wonder why they're on this network.  If they needed to fill time just put Miami Vice on there.  I'm hoping it was a one-off deal.

Shit. I'm still figuring out what I do and don't have (just got cable for the first time in 5 years); I really need to hop on board this channel for LU and movies, don't I?

Yes you do!

So....Naked Lunch

WHAT.  THE.  FUCK

Don't do drugs kids.

image.jpg

The movie was pretty wild, it was like a 50s version of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.  I feel like I really need to read the book now though.

I never heard of Fu Sheng until El Rey put a bunch of his movies out.  He was just so unbelievably good and I was saddened when finding out he was killed in that accident.  If any of his movies are on today I'm going to have to check it out.

It's the Serious-Lee Bruce movie marathon weekend.  I've got my parent's DVR set to record Way of the Dragon and Game of Death on Saturday.

Next Thursday will be interesting.  You've got Beat Takeshi's Sonatine and Blind Swordsman Zatoichi coming on before the Lo Lieh ass kicking double feature of Five Fingers of Death and The Chinese Boxer. 

The entire Mexico Trilogy will be coming on again on Monday night.   The only one I haven't watched all the way through is El Mariachi.

I think so.  Compressed to fit in the time schedule.  For those of you lucky to be at home at 3PM EST, Beat Takeshi's Zatoichi send-up is coming on.

I will be ordering a pizza for the Lo Lieh Is Fucking Awesome double feature tonight starting at 5:30 PM EST.  The asswhoopins at the end of Five Fingers of Death never gets old.