DVDVR Message Board

Uncensored Escape From New York was king sized!

ISSAC HAYES~!

OX BAKER~!

I kinda wished that El Rey would've gotten their hands on Big Trouble In Little China, In The Mouth of Madness, or Prince of Darkness for the John Carpenter salute, but I think all of those movies are still a part of the Encore / Starz rotation.

There will be a Shaft / Dolemite double feature on the 24th.  I will need to find some sort of recordable media by then.

• Like 1

Dirty Ho and Heroes of the East is your double feature tonight.  I have yet to see Heroes all the way through yet, so I may be tapping out early from GTA Online Jobber Thursday.

Dirty Ho and Heroes of the East is your double feature tonight. I have yet to see Heroes all the way through yet, so I may be tapping out early from GTA Online Jobber Thursday.

Heroes of the East is pretty boss, it's worth not killing people in GTA for a couple of hours to check out.

hkfilm.net/movrevs3/heroeseast.htm

Dirty Ho and Heroes of the East is your double feature tonight. I have yet to see Heroes all the way through yet, so I may be tapping out early from GTA Online Jobber Thursday.

Heroes of the East is pretty boss, it's worth not killing people in GTA for a couple of hours to check out.

hkfilm.net/movrevs3/heroeseast.htm

Yeah, it fucking ruled.  I am going to check your site links to see if I can find someone with a copy.

The company that sold the DVD, Dragon Dynasty, went out of business but you can still find the DVD online:

www.yesasia.com/us/heroes-of-the-east-dvd-us-version/1023156600-0-0-0-en/info.html

YesAsia is the most reliable source for Hong Kong DVDs, they've been around a really long time.

If you have a FYE by you they still seem to stock a lot of Dragon Dynasty DVDs. Or you can go to iTunes - Celestial (company that owns Shaw Bros movie rights) has put many SB films on there.

Yeah, the Best Buy and FYE near me have lots of Dragon Dynasty stuff in stock. 

It also helps that I live near two comic book stores that buy / sell / trade DVDs.

• 3 weeks later...

My god that sounds awesome!

Speaking of, what're you watching tonight, piranesi? Something equally awesome, no doubt...

TATUM O'NEAL is MEREDITH BAXTER BURNEY IN: A MOTHER'S STRUGGLE on OWN which is actually the story of Meredith Baxter Burney's personal struggles while she was starring as Tatum O'Neal in TATUM O'NEAL: A DAUGHTER'S JOURNEY on Lifetime. 

So,...fuck you. Because when Meredith Baxter Burney's daughter asked her why they don't have a daddy in the house...and she had to hold all that inside because she was so lost in Tatum O'Neal's pain about her father...oceans of tears, my friend.  Oceans.

• Like 2

Oops! Something went wrong!

#10127 You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I swear that I will reward your sacrifice ...

6/15/14: I "liked" that shit!

• Like 1

El Mariachi and Desperado were on last night and I missed it.  At least the World Cup game was good.

I may have to cut GTA Online Jobber Thursday a bit short since THE AVENGING EAGLE~! is film one of tonight's kung fu double feature. 

The second movie is The Chinese Boxer.  I love Jimmy Wang Yu, but this is not one of his better outings.

I guess I know why Navajo Joe was on there, considering Tarantino stole most of the soundtrack for the Kill Bill movies. I don't blame him; that has to be one of the coolest ever. Just the intro over the credits that he cut the end off of made my jaw drop. I only half paid attention to the film itself. Lots of racism against Indians and at one point Burt Reynolds basically gets crucified upside down.

Navajo Joe gave me a real "Mad Max" vibe with Burt Reynolds being dubbed by someone else. As a legit FSU football player he probably got to work out all sorts of Chief Osceola fantasies on that flick.