DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

You gotta be joking me. Although I'm not gonna shit on Aliens.  

Terminator > Aliens as well.

(But, if it counts as action, Blade Runner is better then all of these.)

Oh, I love T2. But it gets real lumpy in the second act. While Aliens is really strong throughout, again ND The Terminator is just a non-stop burst of adrenaline.

Plus, only one of them has Edward Furlong.

Man, you wouldn't believe the excitement of 9 year old me finally getting to watch T2 when it came out for rental. Think I must have watched it three times in two days. That bike v truck v Harley chase still gets a pop out of me to this day, and when the T1000 emerged from the flames? Forget about it.

All they seem to show is the rather bloated expanded cut when it's on TV now, never really liked that as much though I'll be honest I did prefer the definitive ending that was cut.

Fun (not fun) side fact: I based my Commander Shepherd in Mass Effect on Future John Connor from T2 right down to the face scar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

In the early 1990s, the excitement for T2 is probably comparable to what it's like now for MCU. 

The marketing team should never, ever be forgiven for that last tv spot just before the movie opened giving away that the T-800 was on the human's side.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:33 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

This was in one of my local video stores for YEARS.  I miss video stores.  It was an experience to go there on a Friday night and pick out movies with friends and then get a pizza. We were set for the weekend. 

16351946589_229ff061a7_b.jpg

Errrr, there's something a bit off with that. This is the display I remember:

tumblr_n44ldurb8Z1rrov60o1_1280.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

They screened it at the Alamo Drafthouse. They were supposed to show T2 and twenty minutes of Dark Fate but surprised people by showing Dark Fate in its entirely. Most reviews are calling it solid and comparing it to The Force Awakens. Praise for Linda Hamilton and Mackenzie Davis.

• Thanks 1