DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

They're bringing Edward Furlong back, apparently. Usually he just plays Meth dealers nowadays.

latest?cb=20180311191902

That's him in The Green Hornet, playing a Meth Dealer.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

They're bringing Edward Furlong back, apparently. Usually he just plays Meth dealers nowadays.

latest?cb=20180311191902

That's him in The Green Hornet, playing a Meth Dealer.

The Crow: Wicked Prayer with Edward Furlong as the Crow is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Ghostbusters is a bigger hit, but Alien is much closer to the same vein as Halloween and The Terminator. And she was THE star of Alien the way JLC was Halloween. Ghostbusters, not so much.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, J.T. said:

Jesus, I'd take Summer Glau coming back to the Terminator universe over Ed fucking Furlong.

I'd take Summer Glau over most people ever.

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'd take Summer Glau over most people ever.

She carried the physicality of being a Terminator very well, but I'd rather punch myself in the face than sit through her attempts to carry dramatic scenes with dialogue.

Edited by J.T.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 6:08 AM, TheVileOne said:

The latest trailer is an improvement over the previous one, but it still looks like we're retreading Genisys territory. Still not sold. 

Same. I'm starting to think this franchise is a poisoned chalice

Edited by CreativeControl
  • Like 1

Starting to think? Did you not watch any of the movies since T2? I think that's why Avengers Endgame went so hard on "You can't change the past" in the time travel. Because everyone who's tried to do anything in the Terminator universe has ended up tied in knots with all the plotting having to make sense when it narratively can't.

33 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The Honest Trailer for T2 totally ripped the entire logic of the series to pieces. After watching that I can't even take the first one seriously. I mean, it still rules, but there is no logic there. 

The first two work because you don't think about it (though I wish they had kept the two little mentions that the factory at the end of the first one is Cyberdine) 

Especially the first or when it never gives you time to think.

46 minutes ago, AxB said:

Starting to think? Did you not watch any of the movies since T2? I think that's why Avengers Endgame went so hard on "You can't change the past" in the time travel. Because everyone who's tried to do anything in the Terminator universe has ended up tied in knots with all the plotting having to make sense when it narratively can't.

Yeah I did but they had good intentions and an intriguing enough premise that I went along with it. And now I’ve learned that in spite of those good intentions or a decent concept the magic just really isn’t there and it probably never was to begin with and nothing can be done about it even with James Cameron’s involvement 

3 was rough, saved somewhat by a decent final act. Salvation might have been okay if the story hadn’t been redone to accommodate Christian Bale, Genysis sounded great in theory by paying homage but retelling the narrative so it wasn’t beholden to it but was ultimately nothing but set pieces 

In an age of ‘franchise everything’ some stuff just really shouldn’t