DVDVR Message Board

Ligerbusa

32 minutes ago, hassan80636 said:

Judgement Day is a work of art.

Perfect from beginning to end.

Intelligent.

So 90s yet so timeless.

Peak Arnold. Peak Cameron.

They should've just stopped while they were ahead.

God I wish they'd kept the Old Sarah ending, terrible makeup be dammed, just so it would have been so much harder to make a third.

The Terminator 2: 3D show at Universal was also a more acceptable follow-up to Judgement Day than any of the movies. I just found out it closed last year. I’m so glad we didn’t hit that park when we were just in Orlando. I would’ve been dragged through Gringotts and Hogwarts all morning only to find out all the stuff I liked was gone. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:47 AM, (BP) said:

I think at the time it was just nice to have another one, and Arnold had already gotten older and had his heart problems so it was cool to see him in Terminator shape again. Plus, it has a really good ending. 

"You are TERMINATED!" Followed by a massive explosion. Not gonna lie, I let out a loud "YEAH" when I saw it in theaters. And my girlfriend at the time just slumped down in her seat embarrassed. 

• 7 months later...
30 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Remind me again.  Where does this fit in with the canon?  We are ignoring Terminator 3 and everything else after that? 

That's correct. 3, Salvation, and Genisys are no longer canon.

Dark Fate will act as the real 3rd part in the series.

At least until that sucks and we get another half-assed reboot at some point.

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE

Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Jude Collie, and Gabriel Luna & Brett Azar, as the Beavers Terminators

Directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool 2)

Spoiler

Looks like they pick up 10 years after T2, so 2002?  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE

Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Mackenzie Davis, Jude Collie, and Gabriel Luna & Brett Azar, as the Beavers Terminators

Directed by Tim Miller (Deadpool 2)

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like they pick up 10 years after T2, so 2002?  

@Dolfan in NYC: Tim Miller directed Deadpool, not Deadpool 2.

Underwhelmed by that trailer regrettably.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This is exactly why I think the movie will be just as shitty as Genisys. Why should I believe what James Cameron is saying this time when he's saying pretty similar shit to what he said about Genisys?

And when you have to make a video from the people involved in the movie trying to convince you that the movie is good, chances are it's a piece of shit.

You know who doesn't have to put out videos like this? People who make good movies.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2018 at 10:35 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I remember wanting to see an entire movie dedicated to the rise of the machines and the fall of civilization.  We never really got that;  just bits and pieces.  But now I'm not so sure I want it. 

If they were going to do a post-T2 movie in the franchise, I wish they would have done Robocop vs. Terminator as a non-canon alternate storyline.

Wow. The second Terminator came out almost 30 years ago...and the CG looks even worse today than it did then. 

Music was terrible. Looks like a bad Genisys sequel. Linda Hamilton deserves better.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

There wasn't any CG in the first Terminator movie, was there? Practical effects era, low budget mid 80s. Now T2, that was CG heavy.